• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers |OT| Zero G, With Cliffy B

just had a match on turf war where i didn't die once as Wraith. to be fair it was 6-0. but i got 5100 and was #2 on team. i was just skidding around and stabbing people LOL the left click CD makes it easy to slide and stab. lol

About the tac-knife change - philosophically we feel like the game is more fun when the combat dance has some back and forth to it, and so we try to stay away from one shot kills as much as possible because they leave little room for counterplay.

That philosophy is wonderful. I wish more devs thought that way.

E92 M3

About the tac-knife change - philosophically we feel like the game is more fun when the combat dance has some back and forth to it, and so we try to stay away from one shot kills as much as possible because they leave little room for counterplay.

It happens so rarely that as might as well leave the fun stuff in - at least that's how I think about it.

SublimeO12

Neo Member
It happens so rarely that as might as well leave the fun stuff in - at least that's how I think about it.

one thing live learned about multiplayer games is there's always a ratio of fun to anti-fun with any mechanic. Like it feels great in games when you land a stun on an enemy and burst them down, but it feels bad when you get stunned and die with no control.

In this case we felt the ratio was poor, in that yeah it felt good to land the 1 shot, but not amazing because a lot of the time it was just random and therefore didn't feel like you'd really earned it. And on the receiving end it just felt like you randomly died in 1 shot, which sucks quite a lot.

This looks like a lot of fun and the reviews are positive! I was thinking about buying it but I also read that with the initial sales and player count that the game may end up going F2P before we know it.

Outside of guess work is there any real likely chance of this? May be worth the wait if true. I suppose then I am only contributing to the problem!

E92 M3

one thing live learned about multiplayer games is there's always a ratio of fun to anti-fun with any mechanic. Like it feels great in games when you land a stun on an enemy and burst them down, but it feels bad when you get stunned and die with no control.

In this case we felt the ratio was poor, in that yeah it felt good to land the 1 shot, but not amazing because a lot of the time it was just random and therefore didn't feel like you'd really earned it. And on the receiving end it just felt like you randomly died in 1 shot, which sucks quite a lot.

I understand how hard it is to balance "fun" vs statistical data. LawBreakers is leaning towards the "fun" side which I love a lot. I don't want to see the craziness diluted to the point of where it's just another team shooter. Perfect balance is the antithesis of fun for me.

The skill ceiling needs to stay high with just enough spice in the mix.

--

On another note, wouldn't it be cool if BKP gave a free stash box with every patch? It's something no one does.

Perineum

Just played a game I had to quit out of. Complete trash. The other team had 3 or 4 wraiths. It was literally impossible to do anything for our team. We would try different ways to approach to their base to get the battery back, go left, go right, mix spread, try controlling their green heal pad, etc. Nothing worked. The Wraiths would stay out mid map flanking 24/7 so if we left our spawn we would get picked off and heaven forbid you had one even close to death it would just run away and you can't catch up. Everything was focus fired, and if it wasn't it didn't matter because the lack of good drop off on Wraith's gun is hot shit.

It's one thing when a team has 1 or 2 of these characters, but 4 was a total nightmare. As Gunslinger I couldn't keep a 1v1 in the mid to long range, and was stuck getting 2v1ed because a Wraith could show up to the encounter in a hot instant from the other side of the map to help his boy out. Generally someone in my ass whole time.

Couldn't do it. There was no semblance of a match. Pure trash.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
This looks like a lot of fun and the reviews are positive! I was thinking about buying it but I also read that with the initial sales and player count that the game may end up going F2P before we know it.

Outside of guess work is there any real likely chance of this? May be worth the wait if true. I suppose then I am only contributing to the problem!

The game JUST came out.

People need to stop spreading this F2P nonsense.

SublimeO12

Neo Member

The game isn't going to be F2P.

Perineum

Another game, 3 wraiths. Even quit out to research.

This the new meta now overnight? Seriously it's not possible to compete when there are this many Wraith players just shitting all over the map like crackheads. In a game all about mobility when you stack up the most mobile character 3 times it is a massacre.

I tried to compete back as Wraith, but I was the only one on my team making the swap, so it didn't help.

Is there a character that totally shuts his shit down at any range? I get why he has had to be nerfed over and over and over. They made his kit too damn good for the movement part. Hitting the asshole on PS4 is a miracle unless you get behind him.

Tokubetsu

ChiefBogusCockerspaniel-size_restricted.gif

https://gfycat.com/ChiefBogusCockerspaniel

tried to use imgurs video to gif but its not working for me rn

E92 M3

Another game, 3 wraiths. Even quit out to research.

This the new meta now overnight? Seriously it's not possible to compete when there are this many Wraith players just shitting all over the map like crackheads. In a game all about mobility when you stack up the most mobile character 3 times it is a massacre.

I tried to compete back as Wraith, but I was the only one on my team making the swap, so it didn't help.

Is there a character that totally shuts his shit down at any range? I get why he has had to be nerfed over and over and over. They made his kit too damn good for the movement part. Hitting the asshole on PS4 is a miracle unless you get behind him.

Who do you play as? I shit on Wraiths with Titan so easily.

Give it 6 months... ~60K units sold on Steam according to Steamspy and PCCUs now under 1,500. F2P will save them eventually. The game is good. It deserves more players.

Sublime is a developer for Boss Key.

Perineum

Who do you play as? I shit on Wraiths with Titan so easily.

Sublime is a developer for Boss Key.

I play as Gunslinger. Which is no issue in a 1v1. I let them burn a slide, i tele back and up, or just back, and boom presto dead Wraith. However, when there is multiple wraiths, in this case 3 in one game, 4 in another, it's not even an option to play as Gunslinger.

It's the issue Overwatch had when it only had quickplay. You toss in like all Mei or Roadhog and people just fell apart due to how strong those characters are at sustain. Here, Wraith has more mobility than anyone in the cast at a constant rate so they can be essentially anywhere anytime with a slide knife jump knife jump, boom I am on the other side of the map.

So as much as I try to set up 1v1's, which is where GS excels, I'm not getting it.

Could it be a problem if I am level 20 some and my buddy grouped with me is like 5 ?

SublimeO12

Neo Member
Give it 6 months... ~60K units sold on Steam according to Steamspy and PCCUs now under 1,500. F2P will save them eventually. The game is good. It deserves more players.

Games can't really just "go F2P" in 6 months. It took Evolve like a year and a half, and they had to relaunch the whole game with a ton of new meta game systems to make F2P work.

I just want to say how much I appreciate that this game doesn't have any stuns. What a garbage mechanic that is that should have stayed in MOBAs.

Just had a game of blitzball where I wasn't doing to great as Enforcer but found my way to contribute by waiting till our Assassin grabbed the ball then going the other route as her to the cap point and EMPing the Jugg sitting there waiting to wall her off. Did that 3-4 times in one game and it felt awesome seeing him try to wall and her just fly straight by him after the emp.

Anyone know of a place that has data dumps of stuff like weapon damage and falloff ratios? I'd like to do some comparisons with the different classes.

Perineum

I just want to say how much I appreciate that this game doesn't have any stuns. What a garbage mechanic that is that should have stayed in MOBAs.

Just had a game of blitzball where I wasn't doing to great as Enforcer but found my way to contribute by waiting till our Assassin grabbed the ball then going the other route as her to the cap point and EMPing the Jugg sitting there waiting to wall her off. Did that 3-4 times in one game and it felt awesome seeing him try to wall and her just fly straight by him after the emp.

Anyone know of a place that has data dumps of stuff like weapon damage and falloff ratios? I'd like to do some comparisons with the different classes.

There is a semi stun with Wraith ultimate. It slows everyone down to a crawl for weapon firing, reloading, and movement.

There is a semi stun with Wraith ultimate. It slows everyone down to a crawl for weapon firing, reloading, and movement.

As long as it doesn't plant your feet and lock your mouse I'm fine with it. FPS games being all about total control I really wonder how the hell stuns made their way into the genre, it's like the antithesis of it.

Wraith's boss ability is probably the only part of his kit I think is a little weak.

Perineum

As long as it doesn't plant your feet and lock your mouse I'm fine with it. FPS games being all about total control I really wonder how the hell stuns made their way into the genre, it's like the antithesis of it.

Wraith's boss ability is probably the only part of his kit I think is a little weak.

His ult? It's way better than most think. If a team gets hit with it then there is 5 seconds they can't really retaliate and he mops up.

-MD-

3rd time my game locked up and I had to exit it via task manager, downloaded the latest drivers last night so it's not that.

Flcl

Neo Member
The update is going to make Gunslinger so much more fun to play. The one gripe I have with the role is the mobility. Now I will be able to move around so much more and fluid. But I already get so much shit from other players (I have played FPS games for 20 years and I am very competetive so to brag a little my aim is really good). Now it will be even harder for people to kill me, will be interesting to see how people react in the matches.

Just get it. It's so much fun.

You guys watch, Wraith will be considerably worse - at least on the ps4. I always wonder why devs go with these crazy nerfs. Why not subtly tweak and see how it performs?

Will need to play before judgment.

Seems like it's not as bad of a nerf, as Sublime said that you will still do the same damage, you just need to hit properly and not just sidewind someone. No nerfs to mobility.

just get it and support BossKey. Game is good!

r8er34

The update is going to make Gunslinger so much more fun to play. The one gripe I have with the role is the mobility. Now I will be able to move around so much more and fluid. But I already get so much shit from other players (I have played FPS games for 20 years and I am very competetive so to brag a little my aim is really good). Now it will be even harder for people to kill me, will be interesting to see how people react in the matches.

What control scheme? Are you on PS4?

People on the fence should just dive in. It's clear that this game will have a dedicated playerbase which looks set to hold up thanks to post launch support.

I was playing Gears Ultimate after Gears 4 came out and still got games so I'm sure this will be fine.

Buy the game.

derFeef

I just bought it because it seems to get good word of mouth and I am looking for a go-to PC online shooter for a long time now.

Bloy

Neo Member
Hey Bosskey if you're reading, thank you for adding gore and language options. My kids like to watch me play.

Dunno if this should be asked in the LB thread or somewhere else but does anyone know why when I stream to Twitch via GeForce that it gives everyone a "Content Is Not Available" message to anyone watching? It only seems to happen with this game.

Really glad I jumped into this game though. It is very satisfying.

so, I'm not sure why, but my voice chat doesn't work at all in game. I'm on PC, and my friend talks to people, but I can neither hear them nor do I get any indication that my mic is working. Any ideas? All my audio settings are at default.

Top Bottom