• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LawBreakers |OT| Zero G, With Cliffy B

SublimeO12

Neo Member
Any hints on playing Titan and Juggernaut?

With Titan I have trouble keeping up with the speed of the other characters.

With Juggernaut I have a tough time getting in Shotgun range.

So far I use both only in certain occasions, e.g. Juggernaut for the holo-wall to play goalie in blitzball. But really like the rocket launcher and would main Titan if I could get around the map faster.

Some Titan tips:

- use right click (or left trigger) to manually detonate rockets, the splash radius is pretty big and you can use this to get damage on pesky airborne enemies

- direct hit rockets do 225 damage, highest burst in the game, but the movement speed on them is slow which makes them dodge-able by high mobility enemies. practice predicting where the squishies will go to next, if you can clip them with a direct hit it's gg.

- exiting the spawn door for the first time will regenerate your health, you can use this to rocket jump out of the spawn door for no health cost. combo it into a leap or another rocket jump if you "gotta go fast"

- the crisper is incredibly effective against wraith and assassin at close to medium range. it also chains lightning to nearby enemies so it's great for group fights on objectives. try to take advantage of the fact that it regenerates ammo if you release the trigger, because the reload on it is painfully slow.

- the neutron mine will slow down enemies so that you can hit them with rockets. it sticks to any surface and you can have a few of them out at once, so use it liberally. it's super effective! against wraith because when he cant jump he's hosed.

- don't use titan ult when enemies are already shooting you, because they'll likely burst you down before you can do anything. try popping it early when you think there's about to be a critical fight, the damage output is ridiculous

- watch this short video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmsBp7wmaCQ

Some Juggernaut tips

- try to armor up as soon as you start taking damage as the mitigation begins instantly.

- the key to Juggs is managing your fuel, as you need it for both your tank stats and your mobility. try to conserve fuel as much as possible so you can tank up around objectives and critical skirmishes.

- use the shield wall to block incoming rockets, stuff blitzball carriers in front of the goal, deny harrier/enforcer/gunslinger ults, and to trap your teammates into hilariously bad positions

- the "two-piece" shotgun->knife combo is your bread and butter up close. it will burst squishies easily. if you want to get fancy you can three-piece with a shotgun->knife->kick.

- your sprint ability will do a ground slam if you trigger it from the air, dealing aoe damage on impact. try using it to stomp on enemy faces.

E92 M3

I LOVE Titan as much as my Wraith, but when it comes to Jugg, it feels like his shotgun is a bit too weak.

Regarding that video: Titan plays so differently on the PS4 when it comes to the movement. Real cool montage, though.

MastAndo

Well pulled the trigger...now to test my 43 year old reflexes...uggh
37-year-old here and I feel like I'm actually doing decently (on PS4). I do have to cater to my slowed reflexes and lack of pinpoint accuracy though, and I find keeping my distance with Vanguard does the trick. I find I can't keep up with these kids in one-on-one situations so I avoid those. Learning the maps (and the health locations) are a huge must either way.

It's a lot of fun though. Good luck and enjoy!

Cmagus

Just got my first MVP and it was a pretty good one. I was on point with my kills and heals tonight and it made it really easy for my team to keep rushing they never dipped low on health plus I had the health regen areas held down pretty good and it's nice when everything just clicks during a match. It'll be nice when I'm not so busy and can play a lot more but right now it's nice jumping in and playing 2-3 matches at a time.

Demoskinos

I LOVE Titan as much as my Wraith, but when it comes to Jugg, it feels like his shotgun is a bit too weak.

Regarding that video: Titan plays so differently on the PS4 when it comes to the movement. Real cool montage, though.

I totally do agree that I think the Jugg's shotty is a tad too weak. A slight bump in damage would do wonders. I find that even squishy characters take a decent amount of work to put down even at close range with that thing.

arimanius

Any hints on playing Titan and Juggernaut?

With Titan I have trouble keeping up with the speed of the other characters.

With Juggernaut I have a tough time getting in Shotgun range.

So far I use both only in certain occasions, e.g. Juggernaut for the holo-wall to play goalie in blitzball. But really like the rocket launcher and would main Titan if I could get around the map faster.

Watch frothyomen on twitch. He plays Titan a lot and is amazing at speeding around the map. It's all about rocket jumping and bunny hopping.

We have bug fixes for backfilling coming in the next patch. I believe our plan for score grade is to fix how it is computed so as not to screw over people who joined a match in progress, and if you weren't in the match long enough to compute a proper score - it will be "not available" instead of a D.

Awesome. Looking forward to the patch. Thanks for the update and being here talking to us.

Tokubetsu

Wraith Tip: Your assault plan didn't go like you wanted? Escape! don't panic! Between the stab, zero g, your wall jump, your regular jump and bunny hopping you are just stupidly fast. Instead of getting flustered and bouncing around in your botched fight, escape and come back. You're absolutely fast enough to hit a health pack yourself and loop back before most of the classes can.

renzolama

Wraith Tip: Your assault plan didn't go like you wanted? Escape! don't panic! Between the stab, zero g, your wall jump, your regular jump and bunny hopping you are just stupidly fast. Instead of getting flustered and bouncing around in your botched fight, escape and come back. You're absolutely fast enough to hit a health pack yourself and loop back before most of the classes can.

...but I already used my stab, wall jump, regular jump, and bunny hops in my flailing assault attempt

edit: and he shot me in the back with his assasin sniper shotgun from 50m away when I was trying to escape

looking at the trophy percentages, it's actually amazing how many have been an MVP or gotten an S+ Rank :D

most people who got the game are actually putting in the effort and time!

deejay

Tried to get a refund for this game last week, but it was denied because I put more hours into it than what was allowed (>2 hours). Reason was the rapid decrease in player numbers (yeah, that would make me part of the problem, too).
I'm very glad I stuck with it in the end, because this game is crazy fun, if there are no leavers/quitters. There are also no problems finding a match so far.
I pray that more people will buy (and play) it.

E92 M3

Tried to get a refund for this game last week, but it was denied because I put more hours into it than what was allowed (>2 hours). Reason was the rapid decrease in player numbers (yeah, that would make me part of the problem, too).
I'm very glad I stuck with it in the end, because this game is crazy fun, if there are no leavers/quitters. There are also no problems finding a match so far.
I pray that more people will buy (and play) it.

As long as we are matched quickly than it's all good. They need to disable SBMM for the best possible matchmaking.

E92 M3

I'm awful with wraith. How did you pull the jukes off?

Bumper jumper is a must! Also, I am a Titanfall vet, so the mobility makes me right at home.

Wall jumps are also very important (they don't cost a jump bar). Use wall jumps to confuse your enemies. How much time have you put into Wraith?

Bumper jumper is a must! Also, I am a Titanfall vet, so the mobility makes me right at home.

Wall jumps are also very important (they don't cost a jump bar). Use wall jumps to confuse your enemies. How much time have you put into Wraith?

Similar to TF, wall jumping in this game feels so good as well

I really hope the devs implement control mapping per character like Overwatch, I'd love to use Bumper Jumper for all characters but I hate that mobility options get mapped to L3. Right now I mostly play Vanguard and Wraith, when I play Vanguard I use jet pack a lot, so I play standard to map jetpack to left bumper. When I play Wraith, I map bumper jumper. I can't switch between them in the middle of a match because of this.

r8er34

Cool. I have been using tactical. Not much - just found his mobility to be very challenging.

arimanius

I really hope the devs implement control mapping per character like Overwatch, I'd love to use Bumper Jumper for all characters but I hate that mobility options get mapped to L3. Right now I mostly play Vanguard and Wraith, when I play Vanguard I use jet pack a lot, so I play standard to map jetpack to left bumper. When I play Wraith, I map bumper jumper. I can't switch between them in the middle of a match because of this.

Yeah I hope they end up letting us map everything. I'm using alternative right now but I hate how it switches the weapon switch and the ultimate ability buttons.

-Nicko-

Neo Member
Thanks everyone for your comments and feedback. Keep 'em coming. We're listening and implementing fixes for both the short and long term.

Thanks everyone for your comments and feedback. Keep 'em coming. We're listening and implementing fixes for both the short and long term.

Could we get some better mapping / control options on console? For instance, I feel that bumper jumper is a must for a regular controller, however if you're using Vanguard then this maps her movement ability to HOLD L3.

No one should ever need to hold L3 (or R3 for that matter). It's a pain in the ass.

Make it toggle able, so that players can toggle her movement on/off in a similar manner to sprint / battle medic?

Juggernaut is the same, you have to hold L3 to sprint. But on the enforcer, you can just tap L3 to activate his sprinting movement ability. Doesn't make sense, it's inconsistent and the HOLD L3 control is straight up uncomfortable.

I avoid those classes due to the current control layout.

Could we get some better mapping / control options on console? For instance, I feel that bumper jumper is a must for a regular controller, however if you're using Vanguard then this maps her movement ability to HOLD L3.

No one should ever need to hold L3 (or R3 for that matter). It's a pain in the ass.

Make it toggle able, so that players can toggle her movement on/off in a similar manner to sprint / battle medic?

Juggernaut is the same, you have to hold L3 to sprint. But on the enforcer, you can just tap L3 to activate his sprinting movement ability. Doesn't make sense, it's inconsistent and the HOLD L3 control is straight up uncomfortable.

I avoid those classes due to the current control layout.

I get what you are talking about as it is pretty wonky, but it is important to note that Juggernaut's sprint and Enforcers mobility move potentially serve two very different purposes. Enforcer's is essentially a small team aura whereas the purpose of Juggernaut's ability is basically just a sprint.

I still agree though, it feels a bit weird.

E92 M3

I can see them doing it, but I got used to it so not very bothered anymore.

Similar to TF, wall jumping in this game feels so good as well

I was SHOCKED how good this game felt to play. They did a fantastic job developing it.

Cool. I have been using tactical. Not much - just found his mobility to be very challenging.

It just takes some practice. Also, you can use the knife to extend your jumps and speed you up.

Great to hear.

My number concern is skilled based matchmaking. It has been really hampering my experience. Please just focus on quick matchmaking and connection.

Perineum

Im curious about their numbers of active players on PS4 vs PC. I feel like in my gut this game is a bigger success on PS4 because there is room for it to succeed in that eco system where PC is a bit snobbish and has a few other arena shooter options for LB to compete with.

So some new issues from more play sessions:

Gunslinger hit box with teleports is absolute horse shit for the Gunslinger. I have teleported myself back behind a damn wall with no line of sight, and characters shoot where I WAS prior to a teleport are getting kills on me. I have a better chance of surviving sometimes to just duck and weave normal FPS style rather than teleport since they can shoot at an imaginary hit box.

I've had lag hiccups everytime an objective is concerned as of late. When people dunk blitzballs for example there is that anti grav that is let out, and on PS4 it seems to also cause a lag spike hiccup that is pretty damn grating.

I'm officially on team nerf Harrier's Ult. God damn horse shit it can insta kill you from the other side of the map. I get it can shred buttholes when I am right by the Harrier player, but with so much distance I can't even teleport, because even if I do, like I stated in my first complaint, them beaming where I was gets them a kill even though I'm long gone...

In general hitboxes seem to be an issue. I can be deep long around a corner with no line of sights, and die to folks shooting at air. No teleport this time, just in general the game's auto aim or the way latency is handled is allowing for kills through walls essentially.

---

Still hate join in progress always netting me a loss. Still praying for the gunslinger shooting/reload bug fix.

In terms of priorities I would like them to fix matchmaking for those having issues, the join in session resulting in loss, and a gunslinger fix. Those are my top 3 wants right now and in the order of importance I would say so the community isn't frustrated.

MEATER

Thanks for the input on how to play Juggernaut and Titan guys - pure gold! Can't thank you enough and can't wait to rocket jump and bunnyhop across an empty map after work to get the hang of it before jumping in my next match :)

E92 M3

Im curious about their numbers of active players on PS4 vs PC. I feel like in my gut this game is a bigger success on PS4 because there is room for it to succeed in that eco system where PC is a bit snobbish and has a few other arena shooter options for LB to compete with.

So some new issues from more play sessions:

Gunslinger hit box with teleports is absolute horse shit for the Gunslinger. I have teleported myself back behind a damn wall with no line of sight, and characters shoot where I WAS prior to a teleport are getting kills on me. I have a better chance of surviving sometimes to just duck and weave normal FPS style rather than teleport since they can shoot at an imaginary hit box.

I've had lag hiccups everytime an objective is concerned as of late. When people dunk blitzballs for example there is that anti grav that is let out, and on PS4 it seems to also cause a lag spike hiccup that is pretty damn grating.

I'm officially on team nerf Harrier's Ult. God damn horse shit it can insta kill you from the other side of the map. I get it can shred buttholes when I am right by the Harrier player, but with so much distance I can't even teleport, because even if I do, like I stated in my first complaint, them beaming where I was gets them a kill even though I'm long gone...

In general hitboxes seem to be an issue. I can be deep long around a corner with no line of sights, and die to folks shooting at air. No teleport this time, just in general the game's auto aim or the way latency is handled is allowing for kills through walls essentially.

---

Still hate join in progress always netting me a loss. Still praying for the gunslinger shooting/reload bug fix.

In terms of priorities I would like them to fix matchmaking for those having issues, the join in session resulting in loss, and a gunslinger fix. Those are my top 3 wants right now and in the order of importance I would say so the community isn't frustrated.

Harrier's ult hasn't been too bad lately - there is a lot of warning it's coming.

I play harrier a lot and i noticed that a good team will kill me within seconds after i started deploying the beam of doom :p
I had one round where all 5 of them immediately started shooting at me...

On PS4 the character models load way too long when swapping classes. Sometimes i realize we need defense heroes fast on Uplink, but it won't allow me to spawn before the character model has been fully loaded.

Maybe just 2D portraits would do for the choose class spawn menu? And start to load it in the background, we always start in the spawn area anyways so the halfloaded model shouldn't be a problem on the field either. Have it load as a blue glowing silhouette in the meantime?

Perineum

Most halfway decent folks aren't going to ult you in your face, they will flank or be up the rear with it. If harrier engages that way you will not react in time to do a 180 or run away from where you are because you melt too quickly.

There's no ult even close on Harrier's level of capability to destroy enemies quickly. It doesn't need to be nerfed into the dirt, but it needs to be avoidable if I react with a teleport to avoid it as GS. Which at the moment isn't the case.

MastAndo

On PS4 the character models load way too long when swapping classes. Sometimes i realize we need defense heroes fast on Uplink, but it won't allow me to spawn before the character model has been fully loaded.

Maybe just 2D portraits would do for the choose class spawn menu? And start to load it in the background, we always start in the spawn area anyways so the halfloaded model shouldn't be a problem on the field either. Have it load as a blue glowing silhouette in the meantime?
Yeah, there's a bunch of sluggishness in navigating menus on the PS4 version in general. Cycling through customization options is particularly rough, especially when choosing weapon stickers and such. It's a relatively minor thing, but nice snappy menus are always a plus.

Yeah, there's a bunch of sluggishness (mostly minor) in navigating menus on the PS4 version in general. Cycling through customization options is particularly rough, especially when choosing weapon stickers and such. It's a relatively minor thing, but nice snappy menus are always a plus.

Yeah, but that doesn't affect gameplay. Beauty and Quality of Life issues after critical ones :D

E92 M3

I play harrier a lot and i noticed that a good team will kill me within seconds after i started deploying the beam of doom :p
I had one round where all 5 of them immediately started shooting at me...

Yes, people are getting smarter. There is nothing that really needs to be nerfed - it's just people need to get better.

The worst things possible are knee-jerk reactions to balance.

Anyone have the link to any good Wraith videos? Im on PS4, and it seems to be a strong class. I dont understand the trick with the class. Im on PS4, but feel super weak playing as the Wraith.

patch incoming tomorrow.

http://lawbreakers.nexon.net/en/news/article/24709/patch-1-1-incoming

We will be releasing Patch 1.1 this Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 7am Pacific / 10am Eastern / 4pm CEST for both Steam (PC) and PS4 platforms.

giphy.gif

no notes yet.

Anyone main assassin? Looking for some tips. Played her today and had a lot of fun!

Use your hook to go around the edges of the map and get behind people, especially when the objective resets.

Use your charged shotgun much more than your swords.

Avoid fights if they spot you before you've taken at least half of their health and avoid open areas.

Activate your ult in the middle of a group of enemies, since the activation is also an attack.
Amusingly, despite the ult activation line, running away from Assassin is by far the easiest way to counter it, so you don't want them to get away because you gave yourself away too early.

r8er34

Use your hook to go around the edges of the map and get behind people, especially when the objective resets.

Use your charged shotgun much more than your swords.

Avoid fights if they spot you before you've taken at least half of their health and avoid open areas.

Activate your ult in the middle of a group of enemies, since the activation is also an attack.
Amusingly, despite the ult activation line, running away from Assassin is by far the easiest way to counter it, so you don't want them to get away because you gave yourself away too early.

Thanks. How exactly does the ult work? What's the most effective way to use it?

Top Bottom