• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

DMG-01

Unless the book has been changed from the Japanese version, it's tailored for the DS game and not the PS3 game, so the maps and Imajinn lists will be slightly off.

Stealth edit: This is only in regards to the physical copy of course.

Chopper

Hmmm I think the £70 could just be justified...
The game itself is currently up for pre-order at £36.85.
The book sells separately in Japan for 3,500 yen (which is £27.90)
and the set also comes with the figure and DLC.
So you could see it as:

Game: £35
Book: £25
Figure: £5
DLC: £5

Which, when looked at like that, I'm ok with.
You've convinced me to pre-order it twice.

£70!?!?

Thanks, but no thanks.

Standard edition for me. They've really gone overboard with those CE prices and at the same they, they're being overproduced like never before.

You say that now, but when everyone's posting pictures of their sexy hardback books and the only versions left are selling for £200 on eBay, you'll regret that decision =P

Unless the book has been changed from the Japanese version, it's tailored for the DS game and not the PS3 game, so the maps and Imajinn lists will be slightly off.

Since the book is an in-game item in the PS3 version, I'm pretty sure they can just take that and use it.

Chopper

This is interesting. I already own the Japanese version of the book, cos I've got the DS version, so if this book is exactly the same but in English, I will be over the moon.

You say that now, but when everyone's posting pictures of their sexy hardback books and the only versions left are selling for £200 on eBay, you'll regret that decision =P
Believe me, I would like nothing more than for this to truly be a limited edition with soaring Ebay prices after it sells out on launch. But somehow I doubt that'll be the case. I don't wanna hijack this thread but we all know how CE/LE are ridiculously overproduced these days and day-one buyers usually draw the short straw.
70 pounds is a lot for me, especially for something that I don't know nothing about. But I'm not missing this game, it looks wonderful (standard edition it is).

Jomjom

Banned
Believe me, I would like nothing more than for this to truly be a limited edition with soaring Ebay prices after it sells out on launch. But somehow I doubt that'll be the case. I don't wanna hijack this thread but we all know how CE/LE are ridiculously overproduced these days and day-one buyers usually draw the short straw.
70 pounds is a lot for me, especially for something that I don't know nothing about. But I'm not missing this game, it looks wonderful (standard edition it is).

I invite you to look at every single NIS CE. They are never overproduced and always sell for loads. This is likely more like that.

Aeana

So Namco is charging right now for the LE? I want to get it, but I just don't have the money available at the moment. I hope they don't sell out before I can snag it.

nasos_333

$40 for a plushie and artbook? I think the normal edition will have to do it for me this time. :) I'm about to spend $200+ on the 3DS XL in August. My wallet am cry. :I

It is for a 300 page artbook/manual, that is way more than most LE give in terms of actually usefull stuff that is directly game related

This could be one of the best LE of all time for me and is rather unique since most just give a small artbook with pics than a real journal style book with world history, spell descriptions etc

That is way better than any artbook or game guide as well, it is just something unique in the industry this generation and extremely wellcome

BTW, is the game region free ? I am moving to US and will get it there, but want to be able to play it in my European PS3 a year later, will that be possible if i buy the US version ?

Also should i pre-order now to be on the safe side, or wait until i get to US in October which will be way simpler, is there a risk that the LE will be depleted by then ?

Footos22

Preordered from Shopto :D along with tales of graces f.
May as well just sell my Us copy as ive not even opened it yet

It is for a 300 page artbook/manual, that is way more than most LE give in terms of actually usefull stuff that is directly game related

This could be one of the best LE of all time for me and is rather unique since most just give a small artbook with pics than a real journal style book with world history, spell descriptions etc

That is way better than any artbook or game guide as well, it is just something unique in the industry this generation and extremely wellcome

BTW, is the game region free ? I am moving to US and will get it there, but want to be able to play it in my European PS3 a year later, will that be possible if i buy the US version ?

Also should i pre-order now to be on the safe side, or wait until i get to US in October which will be way simpler, is there a risk that the LE will be depleted by then ?

It will be region free yes, although if you buy any DLC then make sure you download it from the region store you got the game from.

Isn't the US version only available from the SCAMCO store? If so, they chances of them selling out by them may be high?

Shiggy

Is the book the same as the one you got with the DS version?

near

Gold Member
£70 is extortion, but the content does seem justifiable. If they don't sell out by the release date, I'll pick it up. Perhaps the only collector's edition of any game I'll buy this gen.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Good(?) news for Canadians, I guess?

Namco Bandai's Ni no Kuni Facebook Page said:
We appreciate the enthusiasm of our Canadian fans regarding the Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - Wizard's Edition. We are currently exploring options to make the Wizard's Edition available in Canada and will let you know as soon as we hear anything. We appreciate your patience and on-going support!
Well, I wouldn't mind if it were retailer exclusive if that's the only way we'll get it. I am worried about the price, though.

I also had to bold "enthusiasm" because Bamco seems to love that word.

LiK

Good(?) news for Canadians, I guess?

Well, I wouldn't mind if it were retailer exclusive if that's the only way we'll get it. I am worried about the price, though.

I also had to bold "enthusiasm" because Bamco seems to love that word.

I like that they announced NA but Canada is still in the works.

zroid

Banned
Just saw the tweet as well

We appreciate & hear our Canadian fans re Ni no Kuni: Wizard's Edition. We're looking into making it available in Canada! We'll let u know.

https://twitter.com/namcogames/status/222405445736857601

Seems unlikely that we wouldn't have access to it in some form, now. Hopefully they'll actually work out a deal with EBGames or someone instead of just making us pay whatever exorbitant shipping costs to send it across the border direct from Club Namco, complete with asinine "no cancellation" policy.

Eusis

Seems unlikely that we wouldn't have access to it in some form, now. Hopefully they'll actually work out a deal with EBGames or someone instead of just making us pay whatever exorbitant shipping costs to send it across the border direct from Club Namco, complete with asinine "no cancellation" policy.
I hope it extends to the US too, even if it's just an online exclusive. Funny how that'd make GameStop look benevolent in contrast.

reson8or

Just pre-ordered this, hate that;
1. They charge you immediately,
2. They Charge sales tax, and
3. The shipping seems a little high (though I might just be spoiled by Amazon).

Teknoman

If they threw in a full soundtrack too, i'd probably be up for it. Of course that book might end up being worth something if the game really takes off here.

I'll just grab the standard edition at launch and the soundtrack somewhere down the line.

I've never really been a "stuff" person. But no way in hell am I missing out on this game.

CaVaYeRo

Took some pics from the spell book itself. I guess you all know it in detail by now:

http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/25411/Fotos:+mira+el+libro+de+Ni+no+Kuni/

miraellibro_493091b.jpg

miraellibro_493071b.jpg

miraellibro_493081b.jpg

miraellibro_493101b.jpg

Really well done and finished imo :D

Just saw the tweet as well

https://twitter.com/namcogames/status/222405445736857601

Yeah, I think I'll wait for a Canadian retailer to pick it up.

C'mon Amazon.ca!

Top Bottom