• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni No Kuni Collector's Edition for EU/NA [failure level well beyond critical mass]

Jeels

Two things:

Price?

What is the game difficulty like? All the videos make it come off as effortlessly easy.

After these two factors, this will be mine!

Cheska

Two things:

Price?

What is the game difficulty like? All the videos make it come off as effortlessly easy.

After these two factors, this will be mine!

Price is $99, my total was closer to $120 after California tax and 2 day shipping.

And apparently the game is indeed on the easier side.

Thanks! I swear by Amazon, but i just could not passs this up. I love Studio Ghibli! And this looks to much like Dragon Quest VIII, which is my favorite JRPG of all time.

Lucent

From the Club Namco Website:

They immediately took $112 from my bank account when I ordered yesterday. Total was actually $111.86 but I guess they rounded it when taking it out. Hopefully just checking it and will put it back. I checked today and I only got a dollar back so far. I dunno what they're doing but it better go back in full soon.

They immediately took $112 from my bank account when I ordered yesterday. Total was actually $111.86 but I guess they rounded it when taking it out. Hopefully just checking it and will put it back. I checked today and I only got a dollar back so far. I dunno what they're doing but it better go back in full soon.

Same here. They deducted, then credited, but then deducted again.

Actually i've heard that the game gets VERY difficult later on and requires lots of grinding. :/

The encounter rate is also supposed to be high due to the enemies being so quick. So, there are definite areas that they can tone down before the US release. I know Hino has said that they're going to be doing tweaking specifically for the Western release. That'll probably be eventually patched into the Japanese version.

The encounter rate is also supposed to be high due to the enemies being so quick. So, there are definite areas that they can tone down before the US release. I know Hino has said that they're going to be doing tweaking specifically for the Western release. That'll probably be eventually patched into the Japanese version.

Any word on whether the western game is the vanilla release or is it based on the DC version they are putting out in Japan with all the DLC?

sublimit

Banned

Yeah i hope so.The high encounter rate could get annoying fast.

Lucent

Any word on whether the western game is the vanilla release or is it based on the DC version they are putting out in Japan with all the DLC?

I forget where I read it, but I heard the NA/EU version will basically be the All-in-One version that Japan is getting. I hope I read that right. lol

Also, if all my money isn't back in my account in a couple of days, I'm gonna be asking them what's up. =l

I forget where I read it, but I heard the NA/EU version will basically be the All-in-One version that Japan is getting. I hope I read that right. lol

I believe that's the case, but i'm not completely sure. I know that they've said that they're going to be working on more DLC once the Western release is finished.

LuuKyK

Oh god! How awesome is that? Never expected them to bring the book over to the west. Cant wait to have it, even though it's going to be pretty hard to found one around here, sadly. :(

Lain

This thread started with CE for EU, then surfaces the NA CE, right after it's available for preorder for NA people (excluding Canada? poor guys) and yet no info on where to preorder it for EU people? Hilarious.

Jeels

Just thought I would let everyone know since I consider it a big deal.

You can't cancel your order off of their store.

Dear S***********,

Thank you for contacting the Namco Bandai US Online Store.

We have received your request to cancel shipment of your order;
unfortunately we were unable to do so. Namco Bandai has a "no
cancellation policy".

You will be receiving a shipping notification once the product is on its
way, already. If you do not wish to receive the shipment and you would
like a refund, you may refuse delivery.

We apologize for the inconvenience this issue may caused you. For
further concerns, feel free to email us back.

Sincerely,
M*********.
Namco Bandai US Online Store
Customer Service
namcobandai.en.cs@digitalriver.com
Email ID: 2*****

Just thought everyone would like to know. I've never heard of an online store doing this, the thing isn't even out for half a year.

Definitely not doing business with Namco. Tricked again!

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Dear S***********,

cancellation policy".

Sincerely,
M*********.
Customer Service

Just thought everyone would like to know. I've never heard of an online store doing this, the thing isn't even out for half a year.

That is not legal at all.
Raise some hell with them.

Jeels

Oh I've sent a stern email, I tried to be polite though. No response.

Thought the next best course was to let everyone else know. :)

LiK

Dear S***********,

cancellation policy".

Sincerely,
M*********.
Customer Service

Bullshit reply.

Dear S***********,

cancellation policy".

Sincerely,
M*********.
Customer Service

I have never, ever seen this and I am quite certain it's illegal.

Eusis

... Fuck, I think I'll just skip on the LE afterall if that's the kind of crap we'd have to deal with. Not unless they at least release it to Amazon/GameStop's online store anyway.

Lucent

I still haven't gotten my money back from that pending transaction from them yet. It better at least be going back. I think it's weird you can't change shipping addresses or anything even if it has half a year before release. I want this, but I really don't want my money being held like that right now. =/

Jeels

This is their response email. Almost an exact copy of the original:

Dear S**********,

We want to inform you that the reason why we are unable to cancel your
order even if it is a pre-order item is because Namco Bandai has "No
Cancellation Policy" and no changes can be made once your order has been
submitted on the system.

In this case, we advised you that if you do not wish to receive the
shipment and you would like a refund, you may refuse delivery.

We appreciate your understanding.

Sincerely,
R*******
Customer Service
Email ID: 2******

Kagari mentioned just going to my bank (I believe someone here said the same thing). That's exactly what I am going to do.

Lucent

Yeah it's dumb that it says on there that they don't bill you until the order has SHIPPED. They didn't do that. I'm not sure what I should do.

zroid

Banned
Yeah it's dumb that it says on there that they don't bill you until the order has SHIPPED. They didn't do that. I'm not sure what I should do.

you mean you were already charged? WTF?

jebus, namco's store is a clusterfuck of the highest order

Yeah they charged me twice, so i called my bank and had the transaction cancelled. I do not understand how there US shop is in business?

Lucent

you mean you were already charged? WTF?

jebus, namco's store is a clusterfuck of the highest order

Agreed. It's still pending but it has been cut from my available funds. I'm giving it another day or two to see if they put it back. Though it seems like a stupid idea to take the whole charge to check my that my account is applicable instead of taking like a dollar.

zroid

Banned
At this rate, I ain't even mad that they don't ship to Canada. I think I'd rather take my chances on a Canadian retailer maybe picking up distribution rights here than having to deal with Namco directly.

Top Bottom