• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July Wrasslin' |OT 2| Monday Night Raw and Thunder Live!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KuF-UwJmkM

200w.gif

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm usually able to find something good from one the shows they put on, but this Smackdown was TERRIBLE!

Good god, Vince needs to kick someone's ass for that shit show.

DMczaf

I have good news.

I'm signed up for full time in WrassleGAF til after Summerslam.

I'll part time after Summerslam til Rumble tho

I bet Zigz vs Dean at the PPV will be a great match. I dont think the build will be all that great though but we will see. I enjoy both enough to see what they do. Excited for next week to see some of the stories develop outside of #1 contendership and the top women of each brand.

Smackdown wasn't bad, but it really just wasn't interesting and new. And when compared to Raw, it looks even worse. The only true positive I can give it is that they are at least putting effort into building (or rebuilding in this case) guys given they are putting Ziggler in with Ambrose and not Bray or AJ.

I do think Smackdown will be better when they don't have literally 95% of their roster tied up in two matches on the show.

Also I have little problem with Ziggler winning. Smackdown's main focus right now should be building guys up given their lack of depth, and he's a fine candidate. He's been defined down for long enough that they'll need to put effort into making him matter again, and this was a nice first step.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Smackdown wasn't bad, but it really just wasn't interesting and new. And when compared to Raw, it looks even worse. The only true positive I can give it is that they are at least putting effort into building (or rebuilding in this case) guys given they are putting Ziggler in with Ambrose and not Bray or AJ.

I don't understand how not putting AJ or Bray in, neither of whom have ever had a title of any kind in the WWE is "building guys."

I don't understand how not putting AJ or Bray in, neither of whom have ever had a title of any kind in the WWE is "building guys."

AJ is a main eventer. His winning or losing that match won't change that. He's made in the fans minds. Bray is a little less so, but his act is always over with the crowds. Ziggler is an example of a guy who needed a win like this. He has been so defined down as just a guy who you can watch do fun spots and lose. He needs credibility, and this win helps start that process.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
AJ is a main eventer. His winning or losing that match won't change that. He's made in the fans minds. Bray is a little less so, but his act is always over with the crowds. Ziggler is an example of a guy who needed a win like this. He has been so defined down as just a guy who you can watch do fun spots and lose. He needs credibility, and this win helps start that process.

He's more of a guy who brings the title down to his level. Adding the guy whose last 2 years of matches consists of losing in pre-show matches to dick punches and bad comedy just makes it obvious which title is the B-title.

That women's segment.

I'd feel sorry for Bliss but I'm pretty sure she'll be so good they'll just hot shot her to RAW by Mania.

UberTag

I'm usually able to find something good from one the shows they put on, but this Smackdown was TERRIBLE!

Good god, Vince needs to kick someone's ass for that shit show.
Is Vince capable of kicking his own ass at his age? I must say, I'm impressed!
Didn't Ziggles straight up job to Zack Ryder in a nothing match last week? Now he's the #1 contender for the WWE title.
I think fans want logical builds that have creative effort and make sense. Not this draw a name out of a hat nonsense.

UberTag

I want that voice narrating Eva's matches. Eva messes her voices and that voice is smooth and silky while telling the audience she's doing amazing.
Okay... now you're making the idea work.

Eva botches horribly in the ring.
Announcer voice... "She meant to do that, folks. She's psyching her opponent out so they let their guard down."

notworksafe

I'll pass. Raw truly kicks ass with their selection other than The Queen of Harts, we have a selection of babysitters club members.

I think there's a good mix on both shows though I'm sad to not have Nia on Smackdown, but we have enough heels right now for the size of the roster

I think there's a good mix on both shows though I'm sad to not have Nia on Smackdown, but we have enough heels right now for the size of the roster
Nia would've been so cool to have on sd. I hope she does well on Raw even though she's 6 months away from being a year away. Better than Eva and Dana. Two years away from being two years away.

Top Bottom