• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood |OT| Y'all Need to Calm Down

ffxiv_08182017_205831flsy3.png

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I haven't played in a few days. I think the game is finally starting to wind down for me.

You're reaching the point where you unsub and do other things until they release the next big patch.

I haven't logged on in weeks and have been playing other things (Black Desert, Guild Wars 2, Warframe, Shadowverse, League of Legends).

LordKasual

Banned
I don't have an immediately better solution at all. They're not terrible, just not interesting either. They just kind of seem like they're there because of reasons whereas the other characters are interesting and have some purpose.

Unrelated Stormblood spoilers
I can't believe they build you up as the Warrior of Light and Slayer of Dragons throughout ARR and HW just to have you job to Zenos. That was real bad. They should have come up with a less awful way to make him menacing.
This was the best though. Because the whole time you're going around thinking "i just slayed a God Dragon, whos fuckin with me", And then Zenos just shows up and roflstomps you

And so the whole expansion im just like yo is nobody disturbed by the fact that I kill gods but cannot even damage this guy????? Then you learn why, and he's just like "you're not even good at your own gift bro"

To be fair though, this actually was alluded to in the end of Heavensward.
The two ascians reference the "true power of the echo" before merging forms into ascian prime.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Full MP bar on bard

I blame him...if he had just played one extra time throughout the fight..............

Ew guildhests. Thanks lol.

I just did the first two Omega raids on normal. I didn't get shit for the second one. What should I be rolling? I assumed everyone would do greed to give everyone the same odds. I think that's how it works.

It's just the first guildhest or two, they give ok xp and take like 2mins, they give bonus xp the first time you do them on each class. Hunting log might be enough I don't know for sure I haven't done these levels since ARR, with the xp ring(hall of the novice) and xp earring(SB preorder) and xp hat(ARR preorder up to 10 or recruit a friend system up to 25) though I'd assume just killing some random rat or whatever is going to yield tons of xp anyway in the first few levels anyway.

Otnopolit

My static and I suffered through V1 Savage again tonight and got the clear. I just had to die once every run. God I get so frustrated that it just leads to more mistakes. How do I remain coolheaded? Raiding is new to me.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
My static and I suffered through V1 Savage again tonight and got the clear. I just had to die once every run. God I get so frustrated that it just leads to more mistakes. How do I remain coolheaded? Raiding is new to me.

It's a dance and you're learning the steps.

v1s is all about memorizing those half dozen or so fireball patterns. And making sure you're out of the way of Clamp.

Otnopolit

It's a dance and you're learning the steps.

v1s is all about memorizing those half dozen or so fireball patterns. And making sure you're out of the way of Clamp.

My tanks were pretty great about making sure clamp went off away from the raid. I feel like I no longer have two left feet though! It's easy to be hard on myself. But we had a good time.

Astral

How perfectly do you gotta know the mechanics to Extreme Primal fights and the harder content in general? I joined a Susano EX party just to get some practice in but everyone was on me the two times we died. I admit I just watched a video and tried to learn as I fought the battle but damn. It seemed like both loses were because of something I did or didn't do.

EDIT: Finally won after about 6 tries in a practice party. It probably was me fucking up on that other party. I probably didn't pay attention to the markers on me. Shit gets so chaotic at the end. Lakshmi looks even harder. I can't even imagine Savage.

How perfectly do you gotta know the mechanics to Extreme Primal fights and the harder content in general? I joined a Susano EX party just to get some practice in but everyone was on me the two times we died. I admit I just watched a video and tried to learn as I fought the battle but damn. It seemed like both loses were because of something I did or didn't do.

EDIT: Finally won after about 6 tries in a practice party. It probably was me fucking up on that other party. I probably didn't pay attention to the markers on me. Shit gets so chaotic at the end. Lakshmi looks even harder. I can't even imagine Savage.

The only wiping part in Susanoo is when he puts the orange marker thing(push back then line to stand in) while the lightning is up on the side of the arena. If it's lined up with the boss, you have to move to the sides so the lightning bar aoe isn't right in the middle of the safe zone. If it's on the sides, you just make sure you're standing a bit behind so it doesn't cross right on top of the boss which is annoying(not wipe but just annoying and some people might die). Other than that not too much, do have to move to the other side when you have purple marker but this one is both easy to heal through and easy to avoid.

Lakshmi is actually super easy as long as you remember to use the Vril everytime something happens during Chancalla. Interestingly the hardest spot on this fight in my opinion is OT, since keeping up threat can be a pain in the ass and if you don't it causes wipes so have to provoke fairly often and keep track of everyone else threat. In a perfect world the MT shirks you so you can shirk him back and not be behind on threat and people use their aggro tools, but most of the pubs it's just basically, do all that shit on your own cause no one's going to bother to help at all.

But other than the aggro thing, Lakshmi is simple yeah, just a lot of people seem to forget to vril especially the last phase, when really what you can do is just See chanchalla > vril > ability has been used that removed vril > vril and you'll be fine, don't have to time them they last 40secs so they always last until next ability.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
So geomancers are... masters of wind and water? Leveva, you what?
I'm pretty sure that's not what "geo" means at all!

Lakshmi is actually super easy as long as you remember to use the Vril everytime something happens during Chancalla. Interestingly the hardest spot on this fight in my opinion is OT, since keeping up threat can be a pain in the ass and if you don't it causes wipes so have to provoke fairly often and keep track of everyone else threat. In a perfect world the MT shirks you so you can shirk him back and not be behind on threat and people use their aggro tools, but most of the pubs it's just basically, do all that shit on your own cause no one's going to bother to help at all.

Literally just provokeshirk every once in a while, if the MT in a pug doesn't work with you, tell them to. With the tools they've given tanks threat should rarely ever be an issue.
Then again, I always seem to have unrealistically high expectations of DF.

Literally just provokeshirk every once in a while, if the MT in a pug doesn't work with you, tell them to. With the tools they've given tanks threat should rarely ever be an issue.
Then again, I always seem to have unrealistically high expectations of DF.

See that's the thing, you'd think provoke shirk would be good, but it isn't. Unless the MT is shitty and spamming threat moves, provoke shirk puts me lower than the good DPS who aren't using threat control abilities. So I have to shirk THEN provoke then I have to skip like half a GCD so MT gets lead threat secured again, and have to do this several times until aggro is secured for the last part of the fight.

Provoke shirk works eventually once I've shirked the MT twice or so so he's far enough ahead of the top DPS/idiot WHM overhealing way too much instead of stoning, but otherwise it's not nearly enough unless the DPS have like half threat stuff and use them(which most of them don't even if they have them). Also works if there's a NIN and he's actually using Shadewalker, most don't because why would they use a free skill they can cast BEFORE the pull right?

I'm not gonna bother asking people to play better in PF groups if we're not wiping either, I'll work the threat puzzle myself and get my totems and that's fine. Rest of the fight is a snoozefest anyway so it's not like I have much else to do other than stare at threat bars and do my DPS rotation(which as a PLD is super simple anyway). It's just out of the roles I've done(melee DPS/MT/healer, so basically everything), OTing in your average PF/DF is more demanding than other roles. Mostly because the fight is super easy though, like it's laughable how little there is to do other than pressing Vril in that fight.

Astral

The only wiping part in Susanoo is when he puts the orange marker thing(push back then line to stand in) while the lightning is up on the side of the arena. If it's lined up with the boss, you have to move to the sides so the lightning bar aoe isn't right in the middle of the safe zone. If it's on the sides, you just make sure you're standing a bit behind so it doesn't cross right on top of the boss which is annoying(not wipe but just annoying and some people might die). Other than that not too much, do have to move to the other side when you have purple marker but this one is both easy to heal through and easy to avoid.

But other than the aggro thing, Lakshmi is simple yeah, just a lot of people seem to forget to vril especially the last phase, when really what you can do is just See chanchalla > vril > ability has been used that removed vril > vril and you'll be fine, don't have to time them they last 40secs so they always last until next ability.

Yeah that shit wiped us three times. The tanks kept having Susano on the top corner so every time a cloud spawned near him we were pretty fucked.

Squishy3

Yeah that shit wiped us three times. The tanks kept having Susano on the top corner so every time a cloud spawned near him we were pretty fucked.
When the cloud spawns near him on the north side, run through Susano up next to it, he doesn't cleave aside from Stormsplitter, and the MT can easily dodge the lightning AOE.

ZangBa

So I'm around level 34 or so and my major complaint about this game is the quest design that constantly asks me to teleport back and forth between faraway places. I don't remember it being this bad when I played a couple years ago, but damn. I hope the expansions are more fun and less annoying. Also, it feels like the game is stingy with gear. My Ilvl is like 22, that seems really low for 34.

The Palace of the Dead is really cool, though.

SkyOdin

The job known as the Geomancer in the west is more accurately translated as "Feng-Shui user", which can be literally translated as "master of the way of wind and water". Thr job does classically use a lot of wind and water element attacks too.

Orcastar

Haven't played the game since getting my 330 chest piece a week ago.

Stormblood was OK overall and it was fun to get back into the game after taking an almost two-year-long break, but now at lvl 70 it's just the same grind that HW was. Like exactly the same: three dungeons, two primals, one four-part raid with regular and savage versions. You'd think that they would have come up with something new, shake things up a bit, but no, it's exactly the same. I couldn't muster the energy to keep running the same content week after week in HW, and I can't do it now in SB.

Sorry, just felt like ranting. Feels kinda weird to be so down on the game when just a month or so ago I was still really into it.

suzu

The development of the male bunny outfit has currently stopped, but it's almost time they start working on it again. They had a look at a male Hyur in the bunny outfit and their bottom looked sexy.

🤔

Epcott

Silly noob question, but do I get access to Heavansward content if I buy the Stormblood expansion?

Edit: Dur, nevermind, it says it does on the PSN page. Guess I'll get it. 🤑 My poor wallet!

DarKshodaN

Haven't played the game since getting my 330 chest piece a week ago.

Stormblood was OK overall and it was fun to get back into the game after taking an almost two-year-long break, but now at lvl 70 it's just the same grind that HW was. Like exactly the same: three dungeons, two primals, one four-part raid with regular and savage versions. You'd think that they would have come up with something new, shake things up a bit, but no, it's exactly the same. I couldn't muster the energy to keep running the same content week after week in HW, and I can't do it now in SB.

Sorry, just felt like ranting. Feels kinda weird to be so down on the game when just a month or so ago I was still really into it.

Exactly my feelings with this game, i might take a 1 year break from this game and see if anything changed,if not i just move on

Gator86

I finally ran of out initial purchase and preferred server promo days and have to pay. Anyone want me to use a friend referral code for them?

Got 99% (4950~ dps) in 1s and 98% (4600~) in 2s in a non-catered weekly clear PF. Super stoke.

3s is such a bullshit fight for parses though. You either have to get in a group that kills before ninja/giants or pad off ninja and not use caster lb to be in 95%+. I think if I tried I could probably get 97-99% on all the fights with the right comp.

The more I play the more I'm seeing that BRD/NIN/DRG/MCH is the best dps comp by far. Also I think it will scale the best the more they get geared and optimize vs other comps.

I said it like day 1 of launch, samurai just don't do enough dps to warrant a spot in optimal settings. They are fine in 99% of casual groups but their dps isn't as high as people thought.

From how I see things these are the two best comps in terms of dps.
1) BRD/MCH/NIN/DRG
2) BRD/NIN/DRG/MNK or RDM

Best tanks are WAR/PLD combo. Best healer is SCH/AST for optimizing. WHM is great for prog but loses value once people get geared.

Bluenoser

Hey guys, couple of dumb questions.

I just re-subbed for 1 month to see if I wanted to get back into this game. I stopped playing around patch 3.1 so my item level is only like 205 ish.

So what should I do about gear to catch up? I see you can now trade poetics for i260 stuff? Any other tricks to speed it up?

Also, I haven't purchased Stormblood yet, as I don't want to drop $40 on it unless I know I'm going to stay subbed, so can I not gain exp past level 60 until I install stormblood?

Thanks!

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I'm pretty sure male au ra have the biggest hips in the game. Male roes don't count.

Don't ask me why I know this.
Hey guys, couple of dumb questions.

I just re-subbed for 1 month to see if I wanted to get back into this game. I stopped playing around patch 3.1 so my item level is only like 205 ish.

So what should I do about gear to catch up? I see you can now trade poetics for i260 stuff? Any other tricks to speed it up?

Also, I haven't purchased Stormblood yet, as I don't want to drop $40 on it unless I know I'm going to stay subbed, so can I not gain exp past level 60 until I install stormblood?

Thanks!
Keep going through the patches. You should amass tomes over time that'll help you catch up in gear. You can't do anything past 60 until you pick up Stormblood.

Bluenoser

I'm pretty sure male au ra have the biggest hips in the game. Male roes don't count.

Keep going through the patches. You should amass tomes over time that'll help you catch up in gear. You can't do anything past 60 until you pick up Stormblood.

Crap, I was hoping the quests I did while finishing the 3.x storyline would give me the exp, but I guess I need SB for that. Thanks.

Squishy3

Crap, I was hoping the quests I did while finishing the 3.x storyline would give me the exp, but I guess I need SB for that. Thanks.
The bright side is, the leveling curve in Stormblood is really good. By the time I hit the last few zones of Stormblood, I'd left behind entire settlements of sidequests. Dungeon queue times even as a DPS are mostly normalized due to cracked clusters (gives you Grade VI materia) being offered as the adventurer in need bonus for leveling roulette and are back to 20-30 minute queues for a DPS as a result. MSQ EXP is really large this go around too. There's also a chance FATEs will spawn with a bonus XP modifier, as well as an enemy (Forlorn Maiden or The Forlorn) that can randomly spawn in FATEs that grant bonus XP to the next FATE you complete after the one it spawned in.

Village

They do count, brick houses.

I'm not gonna judge your FF14 related hip studies though.

Au Ra don't have bad faces though, and you get extra horns, so when you put on cool armor with horns, you got extra ones

Hi. Got my fishing up to 43 and my retainer is holding damn near a full inventory of fish. What am I supposed to do with the ones not used on leves? Just sell them?

Hi. Got my fishing up to 43 and my retainer is holding damn near a full inventory of fish. What am I supposed to do with the ones not used on leves? Just sell them?

Vendor everything unless you want to level CUL desynth and get a lot of sands that are basically as useless as the 20gils you get vendoring the fishes. It's just how the job works, there's A LOT of fishes to collect in the log and stuff, but like 80% of it is completely worthless. Rest is used in leves, class quests and obviously CUL recipes(and I guess a few things in other crafts, like coral/pearls in GSM).

CLBridges

I wish SE would pull a 2.4 and release a tank or healer in a patch lol. I wanna level more dps but I'm tired of long queues lol. PvP is cool but most of the time I'd rather zone out in a dungeon and kill mobs. I can dream, right?

Omni

I wish SE would pull a 2.4 and release a tank or healer in a patch lol. I wanna level more dps but I'm tired of long queues lol. PvP is cool but most of the time I'd rather zone out in a dungeon and kill mobs. I can dream, right?

They can't even get the three healers they have right.

Top Bottom