• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

12 minute montage of Tekken 7 story mode

All of the new stuff I've seen today makes Tekken look like a legit GOTY contender. I hope it all plays out well.

Press 1+2 to throw little Kazuya into the volcano.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
haha never thought id be able to
replay that Tekken 5 opening from all those years ago

raven777

CCDe12C.png

Wow nestalgia overload

I always loved that opening scene in T5 and now we can actually play it?

Since T5 Bamco always felt like they just making games for the sake of it, but this time I feel they put their heart in, I'm so happy NRS paved the way for Story mode and now I see Namco doing things in Story mode I hope NRS takes

Alienous

Man, the cutscene transitions to gameplay are really killing the momentum of some of these scenes.

Shame it isn't like the E3 footage.

Man, the cutscene transitions to gameplay are really killing the momentum of some of these scenes.

Shame it isn't like the E3 footage.
There is a mini frame rate stutter before before it goes into gameplay, be cool if there was no clue when it was going to switch so you keep your eyes aware of everything

Alienous

There is a mini frame rate stutter before before it goes into gameplay, be cool if there was no clue when it was going to switch so you keep your eyes aware of everything

That's how it seemed to be in the E3 demo. Akuma's charging up a hadouken, then it switches to gameplay and gives you the prompt to dodge it.

But yeah, here it seems to get stuck on the final frame of the FMV before going to gameplay. It's jarring.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I literally can't imagine actually "investigating" the relationship between Kazuya and Heihachi in a real world journalism context. This will go well for that reporter I think!

Discovered letter from Kazuya to Heihachi: "Father, one day I will tear you to pieces!"

I am dying here, I need to pre-order this.

jett

D-Member
This looks really great, much better than SFV's story mode for sure. The 2D scenes remind me of Ace Combat 4. Could've used a better narrator but this sure is better than I expected.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Ok, I had to stop like 3 minutes in when the
T5 Intro
turned real-time.
I am sold.

Now Namco deliver us Soul Calibur in 2018.

Sou Da

".... his eyes burned with an ungodly fighting spirit..............."

Christ he sounds bored.

That whole scene plays out like a chuck tingle audiobook tbh.

Yah I'm sold after seeing one of the best game intros of all time,T5 opening, now being able to be played in real time.

So fuckin' hype.

Top Bottom