• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championship 2016 |SEP 29-OCT 29|

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
i really like the animation for the ignite thing

the song keeps sounding like it's going to be hype but never quite pans out

oh well

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
so long as SKT don't win i'll be happy with the result

obv a non-korean team would be pref but i'll take ROX if i have to

Flare

4P0q3vz.png

really...

I think you should sue them zkylon....

That's amazing.

Hoping that this years worlds is closer and other regions can put up a fight against China and Korea. Should be fun regardless.

Calvero

Banned
holy shit, going through that "author's" other "articles" they're all copy paste. at least the one's that aren't off the site yet

zkylon

zkylewd
i don't get why only championship zed contributes to world prize now that i think about it

i thought they weren't gonna sell old championship skins

it's weird

Leezard

so putting aside all the hype, does TSM have what it takes to actually get far at Worlds?

They're probably screwed if they get to fight against a Korean team in the quarters, but so are everyone else to be fair. They might have a chance against Samsung though.

This is basically the best formation TSM has ever had and the meta favors their strengths. They have a legit shot for once, just gotta avoid choking.

yeah, TSM is looks like the best of any western team ive ever seen. Hopefully they can translate that to the worlds tournament.

Soooooo

Team Liquid sold to an investment group headed by Peter Guber, Ted Leonsis, and Magic Johnson (amongst others). These are pro sports execs/owners.

I've been a TL fan since original Starcraft, and spent huge chunks of my life on their message board. this feels kinda weird. I'm happy for them, but man its the end of an era. The two guys who are running TL will continue on as co-ceo's, victor (who started TL all those years ago) and steve.

Yeah what the heck is up with NBA players specifically seeming to get into the eSports biz. I like it, because them picking up brands (instead of teams) feels like a good strategy to me. They're buying into established franchises in many cases that already have existing fanbases in multiple games. Plus, if they pick up teams for other games in the future, many of these brands will attract people at least through name recognition.

killatopak

Yeah what the heck is up with NBA players specifically seeming to get into the eSports biz. I like it, because them picking up brands (instead of teams) feels like a good strategy to me. They're buying into established franchises in many cases that already have existing fanbases in multiple games. Plus, if they pick up teams for other games in the future, many of these brands will attract people at least through name recognition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSPXlJ2-v3U

Nekofrog

Banned
I hopee darshan has at least one cheesy fun pick that he gets once they realize they can't win

His Susan vs tsm was hilarious

Stiler

Just like last year, still gonna pull out hope for Cloud 9.

Why though, of ALLLLLLLLLL the teams did they have to get SKT first??? Whyyyyyyyyyy.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Just like last year, still gonna pull out hope for Cloud 9.

Why though, of ALLLLLLLLLL the teams did they have to get SKT first??? Whyyyyyyyyyy.

just imagine tho

fw crush skt like they usually do

C9 pulls out all their memes and dreams and come out ahead of skt in 2nd

SKT out in group stage

Zynx

I honestly think TSM has a good chance to get really far into worlds this year, mainly because of the advantages that Parth can develop for the team. For all the ingenuity and success that the Korean ex-player coaches have brought to the table, like Rox's NoFe or SKT's kkoma, they don't have the same academic background and training to do rigorous analysis that someone like Parth has, having done his masters in a STEM field. With the competitive game now having progressed to the point where good team strategy and execution can dominate individual mechanical displays of skill, Parth's deeper and stronger analysis of the game could prove to be a decisive advantage.

Elfstruck

Let's be honest here, TSM might not make it out of group. SSG might not be flashy, but their team fight is really good. Their solo lane is on par with TSM if not better and if the game goes late, SSG will probably take it. As for RNG, they were really bad in the LPL final, but who knows what happened in the last two weeks. RNG's ceiling is really high, so as long as Mata and mlxg get back to their form, they can go far.

kenbo

Tsm look really good for sure but I've been burned so many times by Western teams already.

Worlds is tmrw so I'm going to reserve my hype after I see them crush ssg

Ashhong

I honestly think TSM has a good chance to get really far into worlds this year, mainly because of the advantages that Parth can develop for the team. For all the ingenuity and success that the Korean ex-player coaches have brought to the table, like Rox's NoFe or SKT's kkoma, they don't have the same academic background and training to do rigorous analysis that someone like Parth has, having done his masters in a STEM field. With the competitive game now having progressed to the point where good team strategy and execution can dominate individual mechanical displays of skill, Parth's deeper and stronger analysis of the game could prove to be a decisive advantage.

I'm not sure if this is a serious post

god bless your soul i always forget about this subreddit

damn that day 4 clg vs rox tigers. the stream focus is top lane, but it says Smeb Stream

It says top laner focus. There are many of those, including peanut day 1

KlotePino

Guess I'm going on a blackout and watching the VODs for every day because the broadcast times are absolutely fucked for EU viewers. I'm sure this has been discussed before but is there no way to make the times at least semi-reasonable for every region? This is like literally the worst it could possibly be for EU.

Top Bottom