• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends World Championship 2016 |SEP 29-OCT 29|

zkylon

zkylewd
ZfqLkYj.png

GT7F6LV.png

UFcmGkF.png

z4arkFO.png

Nj7wFEs.png

Newt

[Extra Goodies Section]

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
FAQ:

What's this crowdfunded prizepool thing about?
- 25% of the sales of Championship Zed and the Championship ward will go toward raising the prizepool.

Here's the base prizepool:
World Champion - $1,000,000 USD
2nd place - $250,000 USD
3rd / 4th place - $150,000 USD
5th - 8th place - $75,000 USD
9th - 12th place - $45,000 USD
13th - 16th place - $25,000 USD

Team icons also give teams money so if u want to support your favorite team that's the way to go. I think. Maybe it goes to a regional pool or something. Rito hasn't been super clear about this lol

When's Worlds?
- Group stage W1: sept 29 - oct 2
- Group stage W2: oct 6 - oct 9
- Quarterfinals: oct 13 - oct 16
- Semifinals: oct 21 - oct 22
- Finals: sept: oct 29

Where do I buy tickets?
- http://lolesports.com/tickets

What kind of merch will I be able to buy?
- https://na.merch.riotgames.com/en/worlds2016-preview

Anything more I should know about?
- Some dude named Zedd is playing at worlds, apparently it's a big deal idk...

Need more info written by someone not shit at writing like me?
- Check out the worlds official about page

Links:
- Schedule
- Official Rito VODs
- LolEventVODs
- League OT

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
HYPE STUFF:

Worlds History
Top players at Worlds

Worlds 2016 theme
Worlds Collide
Warriors
That awesome 2013 anime video

get on our pick'ems group!

that faker gif i like so much
6swePVs.gif

ETC:

sorry i did it all in one big image but i didn't have time to mix it up with actual neogaf text

thanks to thestopsign for making the 2015 thread i stole a bunch of links from and thanks to costy for giving me assets even tho koo's stupid logo doesn't ever scale smooth

clemenx

Banned
Why is this in community >_>

Nice job with the OP Zky and Newt. I'm expecting another SKT stomp throughout. Hoping for another thing!

clemenx

Banned
Yeah. Group stage is simply the best. They should do a double bo3 lol

I've never liked Worlds lasting a whole month, I feel the rest days in the bracket stages are excessive, but I wouldn't mind with a longer group stage.

I'm hyped for tomorrow release of this worlds song, I don't listen Zedd to often. I think I have only really heard Beautiful Now, and even then it was a different mix. I do enjoy Zedd sets on events. (Ultra and the like).

Still I'm sure it will be hype as fuck.

Calvero

Banned
since you messaged a mod, they'll probably move it. should message that mod that visits the OT from time to time

NSESN

Without FNC i guess i eill cheer for C9 and INTZ, i don't habe high hopes for INTZ but i hope they take one game

zkylon

zkylewd
ok now it's in gaming proper

many thanks to jshackles

begin posting memes and stuff while we wait for the zedd video that hopefully will be anime and not edgelord stuff

shira

Is there a prize pool/fan contribution data tracker site somewhere?

Curious to see how much the Koreans will be taking home

zkylon

zkylewd
Is there a prize pool/fan contribution data tracker site somewhere?

Curious to see how much the Koreans will be taking home
championship zed isn't even on sale yet so no idea

they might do something, idk, the timing of their announcement feels kind of late since you'd think you would want the prizepool to be settled before worlds

it's weird

zkylon

zkylewd
man worlds collide was such a cool song

gonna listen to it non stop this week

wonder if it's worth it to get together with the gang on thursday for the opening ceremony

Wait, the new policy is going to apply this year? I thought it was going to start on 2017.

Championship skin & ward - From now, 25% of revenue from each year’s Championship skin and Championship Ward will be added to the Worlds prize pool. That means every purchase of Championship Zed will directly increase the prize pool for Worlds 2016. For context, had this been applied last year, it would have more than doubled the prize pool.
yup, it begins with zed

winning team will also get 25% of the sales from their skins

I'm really hyped for this worlds, it looks to be the most interesting one since season 2.

Groups B and D are going to be a bloodbath and I love it.

Akira

Ohh an OT! I'm going to attend Day 2 and 3 (Friday and Saturday) and rocking my C9 shirt. I can't wait!

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm really hyped for this worlds, it looks to be the most interesting one since season 2.

Groups B and D are going to be a bloodbath and I love it.
i very much don't think anyone is gonna be able to beat korea this year but it feels like the second place is really up for grabs.

Thanks for your effort in making the thread, zkylon.
thanks!

also i can't believe no one caught all my eu meme effort

i even lined it up perfect with karsa's hands

all my work was for naught

Leezard

i very much don't think anyone is gonna be able to beat korea this year but it feels like the second place is really up for grabs.

thanks!

also i can't believe no one caught all my eu meme effort

i even lined it up perfect with karsa's hands

all my work was for naught

The vacation pic was subtle, I wouldn't have found it if I wasn't looking for memes.

Usobuko

Banned
I don't follow League esports much.

I need you all to tell me, how easy/hard it would be comparatively for faker to complete the hat-trick of World's champion?

Leezard

I don't follow League esports much.

I need you all to tell me, how easy/hard it would be comparatively for faker to complete the hat-trick of World's champion?

SKT didn't win the latest league/tournament in Korea, so they're not overwhelming favorites. ROX Tigers did win. They didn't face SKT in the finals though, and people say there was a bit of a rock paper scissors scenario where ROX > KT > SKT > ROX.

SKT is one of the favorites still, for sure. The clear favorites are ROX and SKT. It's hard to judge where the other teams like EDG, TSM and G2 stand in this though.

Rongolian

Banned
Did TSM wonnerinoed?

Seriously though, I'd love to see the NA teams play well in their groups this year! I feel like the gap between the Western and Asian teams is closing, especially with the sheer quantitiy of practice teams like TSM have been performing in preparation for worlds.

Is this the first worlds where the lane-swap meta is dead? I think that will be huge for seeing the head-to-head matchups across regions!

Haven't seen any Summer Split League games at all. Still, I'm pretty hyped to watch this. Hopefully it's as good as International was this year to someone who has stopped playing both games.

Any list of recommended games to watch (any region)?

clemenx

Banned
Yeah, the video was incredibly awesome.

The song is being disliked because it isn't a "hype builder" but whatever, I like it.

Top Bottom