• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Was having trouble finding a way to solve Infernal BHB until I used Camus. Tanked most of the enemies while being helped by Xander, BLyn, Reinhardt.

NSESN

So what can I do with my Valter? I am using the original build + desperation so he can work as a physical tank when his HP is high, abusing panic ploy, and then kill squishies when his HP is low. I am thinking of giving him reciprocal aid so he can have an high HP or low HP at will.

jnWake

So what can I do with my Valter? I am using the original build + desperation so he can work as a physical tank when his HP is high, abusing panic ploy, and then kill squishies when his HP is low. I am thinking of giving him reciprocal aid so he can have an high HP or low HP at will.

I don't think Desperation is a good fit for him since he isn't that fast with 31 SPD. Given that he has good def it's better to give him a breaker (Lance probably works nice) or Quick Riposte or Vantage since he loses HP quickly thanks to his weapon.

NSESN

I don't think Desperation is a good fit for him since he isn't that fast with 31 SPD. Given that he has good def it's better to give him a breaker (Lance probably works nice) or Quick Riposte or Vantage since he loses HP quickly thanks to his weapon.

Well he gets to 33 with his weapon and 39 with darting blow, so he is doubling a lot. I don't want to give him another A because I will just use him for arena. Maybe if I can pull Elincia and build a fliear team e can be my tank. QP is problematic because he loses HP, Vantage can be good, but I am saving my only vantage 3 for BK.

Roman

Well he gets to 33 with his weapon and 39 with darting blow, so he is doubling a lot. I don't want to give him another A because I will just use him for arena. Maybe if I can pull Elincia and build a fliear team e can be my tank. QP is problematic because he loses HP, Vantage can be good, but I am saving my only vantage 3 for BK.

39 Speed is still not reliable enough for doubling in the arena. I would recommend an enemy phase build with Quick Riposte, Ignis and Fury.

The idea is that he tanks an enemy sword and kills it, and has Ignis ready for the next player phase to kill a second enemy.

NSESN

39 Speed is still not reliable enough for doubling in the arena. I would recommend an enemy phase build with Quick Riposte, Ignis and Fury.

The idea is that he tanks an enemy sword and kills it, and has Ignis ready for the next player phase to kill a second enemy.

It is too expensive. And I lack Ignis and Fury to inherit. Desperation is working well for me so far. But if I do a flier team I will start building him like this.

DKM7fRfVYAABjs1.jpg
YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THE RNG GODDESS WILL STRIKE AFTER 80 ORBS

Hinoka is +ATK, -DEF and Elincia is +DEF, - SPD. I think I'll help her out by giving her either Swift Sparrow or Darting Blow.

And now I have all the pieces for flier emblem!!

Finally got a (4*) Effie +atk -spd after five previous -atk or -def with +spd or some such. So Amelia finally has a 5* armor friend. Will save a spot for the Black Knight.

YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN THE RNG GODDESS WILL STRIKE AFTER 80 ORBS

Hinoka is +ATK, -DEF and Elincia is +DEF, - SPD. I think I'll help her out by giving her either Swift Sparrow or Darting Blow.

And now I have all the pieces for flier emblem!!

Disgusting. Congratulations!

Just pretend that your -Spd Elincia has a stronger brave sword instead of the wacky power creep shit she'd have otherwise. Give her Life and Death since you have some Def to spare. Should be gravy.

ggx2ac

There's so many items in Arena Assault and obviously their use will differ on preferences because of what strength of seven teams that you have.

Eg. I use Elixir, Dancer's Veil and Fear Charm. But something like Lightning Charm would be good to weaken a whole team that doesn't have Vantage or Wings of Mercy.

Achtius

There's so many items in Arena Assault and obviously their use will differ on preferences because of what strength of seven teams that you have.

Eg. I use Elixir, Dancer's Veil and Fear Charm. But something like Lightning Charm would be good to weaken a whole team that doesn't have Vantage or Wings of Mercy.

I use Dancer's Veil, Pressure Charm and Lightning Charm

Shinypogs

Why is there no Hone Dragons.

IS knows how broken dragon emblem will be when we have access to full buffs and everyone has lightning breath. :( I still need baby tiki and fae to start my dragon emblem. Also also while fe8 is one of my less fave fire emblem games I am still impatient for myrrh.

Contemplating ignis on my +def brave Ike. On one hand a default aether build has more sustain but on the other ignis would let him delete a lot of threats fast enough to not need healing.

I want to build a bad boys flier emblem someday. Purely villains, or antagonist turned allies that are still less than scrupulous people.

Shinypogs

I have a total of 38 orbs right now,should I roll all of them or wait until a better event arrive?

Depends on your current roster really. If you have functional teams for now I'd suggest just doing the free rolls on banners and saving your orbs for the next limited/seasonal event. If you are still newish and need more units for si fodder or in general than pulling is advised though the low orb amount means you're up to the mercy of rng more than normal.

Depends on your current roster really. If you have functional teams for now I'd suggest just doing the free rolls on banners and saving your orbs for the next limited/seasonal event. If you are still newish and need more units for si fodder or in general than pulling is advised though the low orb amount means you're up to the mercy of rng more than normal.
I'm still new,just got into the game a few days ago

I'm still new,just got into the game a few days ago

If you're new to the game and the hero fest banner (Ike, Ninian, Genny & Julia) is still up, use your orbs there. There is a higher chance to get a 5* off that banner than the others (5% up from 3%) and all the heroes from it are top tier.

I feel like the Fortifying Horn is probably the most useless item for Arena Assault.

I'd say Naga's Tear is the worst, just because it is really unreliable. At least the other items are consistent and can truly be used strategically. Elixir would be second worst, but it's reliable. The other items are really great in various situations, but Pressure Charm is the most versatile Charm (and overall item) in my opinion.

Infantry Boots and Dancer's Veil are almost always useful as well.

Unrelated, but I hate selecting a level 1 version of Hero on accident.

If you're new to the game and the hero fest banner (Ike, Ninian, Genny & Julia) is still up, use your orbs there. There is a higher chance to get a 5* off that banner than the others (5% up from 3%) and all the heroes from it are top tier.
wait,should I just spend all of them in that banner?

fionel

Pulled my 3rd 4* Reinhardt who is finally not -atk. Though IV is +spd -res I'm like fuck it and evolved him. Thinking whether to evolve an Effie just to give him Deathblow+3 too.

ggx2ac

Pulled my 3rd 4* Reinhardt who is finally not -atk. Though IV is +spd -res I'm like fuck it and evolved him. Thinking whether to evolve an Effie just to give him Deathblow+3 too.

Who's that Pokémon!?

It's Reinhardt!

Reinhardt: "Reinhardt! Rein!"

Generally, you want to focus on one banner at a time. The pity rate mechanics incentivise stockpiling orbs to spend on a single banner.
Idk man,focusing on one banner is one thing,but choosing the right banner is another story,I don't even know which is the best current banner right now

Shito

Idk man,focusing on one banner is one thing,but choosing the right banner is another story,I don't even know which is the best current banner right now
"New Heroes: Dauntless Crimeans" is the best one at the moment, all three of the focus units are really good. I would suggest you pull on that.

Shinypogs

Magic is the only thing that stops my +def-res brave Ike in these warriors maps. If I had aether unlocked for him he might actually live forever.

I can def make something with him, BK, a green mage killer and a dancer or rally res bot.

ggx2ac

Finished the special maps, finally got Elincia.

HP Up/Res Down though, not horrible but not exciting...

Got Elincia and Nephenee now so I'm done with that banner.

OVDRobo

ah,welp bad luck for me this time,two full pulls and the best one I got was a 4* Marth

If you've got a passable full colour spread team that you can use to earn orbs from content up to an intermediate difficulty, it might be an idea to stop pulling for a little while. Most of the statistically best characters in the game that require the least amount of investment (skill inheritance from other characters) to be good can only be pulled as 5* units so if you're going to be pulling you want to skew the odds as closely to guaranteeing that you get a 5* unit as possible. There's also the pity rate to consider, which increases your chance of pulling a 5* unit by 0.25% for each 5 heroes you summon (20-25 orbs) that aren't 5* but only on that banner, meaning that if the banner expires before you pull a 5* that increased rate is wasted.

Try to stockpile around 100 orbs and go on a summoning spree and you'll have a solid chance of getting a 5* or at least some decent 4* units. It might sound like it'll take a while but orbs rack up fast when you're not paying attention and when you get better units there's even more ways to earn them.

Make sure to keep doing Arena and Arena Assault modes every week for feathers and free orbs. Even if you're not placing in the upper echelon due to your team(s), it's something you'll need to get used to and you can use the feathers to increase your best 4* units to 5* to make up for any gaps in your lineup.

While I imagine it'll be tedious if you're newer to the game, if you have a decent amount of time you can grind out the upcoming tempest trial (23rd onwards) to earn the 4* (or even 5* if you're dedicated) version of the Black Knight, who aside from looking badass is also an incredibly powerful unit. You'll also get some feathers, orbs, crystals and sacred seals along the way.

Well I said I was done with the Dauntless Crimeans banner but then orbs popped ups I decided to pull. I get both Nephenee and Oscar. So that completes the triad of heroes for that banner. It also dropped me a 4* Boey and Athena so definitely a good pull of 20 orbs. (The 3* Lissa is forgettable)

Nephenee....+atk/-spd
Oscar...+spd/-atk

WHY AM I GETTING BANE/BOON OF THE TWO MOST IMPORTANT STATS?!

Suffice to say I'm done with pulls till the next major banner.

Top Bottom