• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Mupod

Damn, no Hinoka banner...but they have to do some kind of Warriors promotional summon focus, at some point. I spent 9 orbs trying for a Klein to get the urge to pull out of my system and went back to saving. Not even any good fodder, go away Azama.

NSESN

Damn, no Hinoka banner...but they have to do some kind of Warriors promotional summon focus, at some point. I spent 9 orbs trying for a Klein to get the urge to pull out of my system and went back to saving. Not even any good fodder, go away Azama.
Probably next week when the game drops

ggx2ac

Upgraded my Sophia to 5*.

Raigh, Felicia and Robin(M) are still in line until I can get more feathers.

Again, I'm just building up units to counter enemies in Arena Assault.

The good thing is it allows me to do something with my feathers since I can't use them on my current arena team.

Man my Elincia is going to need to gobble up a lot of SP. Had he gobble up a Barte for his Reposition and Spur ATK1/2. Then had her gobble up my long un-used 4* Palla for her Goad Fliers and Moonbow.

Helping out her SPD bane by giving her SPD seal for now. Hopefully her Boon being def comes in handy.

If you've got a passable full colour spread team that you can use to earn orbs from content up to an intermediate difficulty, it might be an idea to stop pulling for a little while. Most of the statistically best characters in the game that require the least amount of investment (skill inheritance from other characters) to be good can only be pulled as 5* units so if you're going to be pulling you want to skew the odds as closely to guaranteeing that you get a 5* unit as possible. There's also the pity rate to consider, which increases your chance of pulling a 5* unit by 0.25% for each 5 heroes you summon (20-25 orbs) that aren't 5* but only on that banner, meaning that if the banner expires before you pull a 5* that increased rate is wasted.

Try to stockpile around 100 orbs and go on a summoning spree and you'll have a solid chance of getting a 5* or at least some decent 4* units. It might sound like it'll take a while but orbs rack up fast when you're not paying attention and when you get better units there's even more ways to earn them.

Make sure to keep doing Arena and Arena Assault modes every week for feathers and free orbs. Even if you're not placing in the upper echelon due to your team(s), it's something you'll need to get used to and you can use the feathers to increase your best 4* units to 5* to make up for any gaps in your lineup.

While I imagine it'll be tedious if you're newer to the game, if you have a decent amount of time you can grind out the upcoming tempest trial (23rd onwards) to earn the 4* (or even 5* if you're dedicated) version of the Black Knight, who aside from looking badass is also an incredibly powerful unit. You'll also get some feathers, orbs, crystals and sacred seals along the way.
should I try upgrading the 4* marth?

Mupod

Hah, the FE Warriors maps are just a massive zerg of weak reinforcements. I don't know what I expected.

Was funny watching the multiple waves of 4 blue reinforcements break upon DC Camilla, at least.

Man my Elincia is going to need to gobble up a lot of SP. Had he gobble up a Barte for his Reposition and Spur ATK1/2. Then had her gobble up my long un-used 4* Palla for her Goad Fliers and Moonbow.

Helping out her SPD bane by giving her SPD seal for now. Hopefully her Boon being def comes in handy.

She's going to be a bonus unit in the tempest trial this weekend, so you can get 12SP per kill there. Set up a Lunatic 5 auto team and watch it roll in. Previous units I did this with ended up with 8000+.

Shito

I feel you, my Elincia is -spd as well. And I also need TONS of SP for her and Neph, good thing they are the 40% bonus units for the upcoming TT. :)

explodet

I just completed Warriors Map 1 on hard twice with a sub-lvl30 group.
Regular XP gains, same SP, and the expected amount of HM.
There were fifteen opponent units.

It's a good thing they're sticking around for over a month - tempest trials begin again this Saturday which will be sucking up all my stamina.

Yeah it's pretty cool. Although I expected killing the commander would speed things up a bit. This is my Zephiel's last hurrah before he gets kicked to the curb for Black Knight. He absolutely obliterated the Lucina I mean Masked Marth map.

OVDRobo

should I try upgrading the 4* marth?

Marth's a decent unit but probably not worth 20000 feathers to hit 5* unless you really like him for some reason. If it's not too much to type, what units do you have at the moment? People could probably give better advice with more info.

Marth's a decent unit but probably not worth 20000 feathers to hit 5* unless you really like him for some reason. If it's not too much to type, what units do you have at the moment? People could probably give better advice with more info.
I have a 4* Mathilda and a 4* Titania,they were god-like units in those games that I've played,do they same things apply to this game?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Titania is a very beefy unit who many people use to tank magic attacks, but I don't know about Mathilda.

Rein is one of the most broken units in the game. If he's not -atk, promote him and try to SI Death Blow on him.

Titania is a very beefy unit who many people use to tank magic attacks, but I don't know about Mathilda.

Rein is one of the most broken units in the game. If he's not -atk, promote him and try to SI Death Blow on him.
how do I check if he is -atk or not?his stats are:16 atk/5sp/5df/8res

Tripon

You can check out the gamerpedia wiki for info on just about every character. Here is Reinhardt.
https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Reinhardt

If you want to check out a viability of a character, check out the arena tier list. It can be a good gauge of what you want out of a character. Don't take it as only thing source you check out as even the tier list moves units up and down due to various factors like power creep, new skills, etc. But it'll least give you an idea of where your units are.

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Arena_Tier_List

Mupod

Oh, Dauntless Crimeans runs out on the same day FE Warriors releases. Doesn't it only have two original characters though? I've still got hope for a Hinoka banner, but I wonder if they'd just run a banner with old characters or create new variants.

They have to be level 1 or level 40 to check. If the unit is 4* and not level 1, get it to level 20, then go to the 'unlock potential' screen. It will show a preview of their stats as a level 1 5 star. Then subtract their weapon stats and compare it to their wiki page:

It does seem from those stats that he's -atk +def, so don't promote.

You can check out the gamerpedia wiki for info on just about every character. Here is Reinhardt.

If you want to check out a viability of a character, check out the arena tier list. It can be a good gauge of what you want out of a character. Don't take it as only thing source you check out as even the tier list moves units up and down due to various factors like power creep, new skills, etc. But it'll least give you an idea of where your units are.

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Arena_Tier_List
ah,thank you.Maybe I should go all in with that guy

Oh, Dauntless Crimeans runs out on the same day FE Warriors releases. Doesn't it only have two original characters though? I've still got hope for a Hinoka banner, but I wonder if they'd just run a banner with old characters or create new variants.

They have to be level 1 or level 40 to check. If the unit is 4* and not level 1, get it to level 20, then go to the 'unlock potential' screen. It will show a preview of their stats as a level 1 5 star. Then subtract their weapon stats and compare it to their wiki page:

It does seem from those stats that he's -atk +def, so don't promote.
ah thanks,so I should pick another one then

OVDRobo

I have a 4* Mathilda and a 4* Titania,they were god-like units in those games that I've played,do they same things apply to this game?

Mathilda and Titania both fill the same role. They're cavalry units with high RES in exchange for lower DEF stats than you'd usually find in a cavalry unit which makes them really good for dealing with mages. Mathilda also has a spear which makes her incredibly effective against other cavalry units while Titania has an Emerald Axe which makes her even weaker to red units but incredibly effective against blues.

I think you said you got a 5* Eliwood before, right? Even if your Reinhardt isn't optimal you could build a budget team good for clearing a lot of content with Eliwood/Reinhardt/Titania/Brave Lyn which could hold you over until you get some more orbs and can pull for other characters to use. I wouldn't recommend promoting the Reinhardt but he's still moderately useful even without his 5* exclusive madness.

I personally use Titania a good amount. She's really effective at destroying blue enemies and green mages but you have to be cautious of almost everything else.

PK Gaming

7aAKWNK.jpg

What are you doing? Get yourself a 5 star Cecilia! Right now!!

source

Busaiku

Titania is better because blue and green mages are a lot more common.
She's also faster and has more HP (though less Resistance).

NSESN

From the leak we already know that it is going to be a Genealogy banner. Probably a halloween banner just after.

Firemind

Not an expert on all those arena-oriented builds, but is the seal really useful here? Wouldn't you want it to further boost a high def unit instead?!
She's supposed to tank hits with Raven. What I wouldn't give to pull a Takumi right about now...

Not an expert on all those arena-oriented builds, but is the seal really useful here? Wouldn't you want it to further boost a high def unit instead?!
i dont have any high defense units, so i just slap it anywhere. I play arena playerphase other than baiting rein and brave lyn with this cecilia

Shito

She's supposed to tank hits with Raven. What I wouldn't give to pull a Takumi right about now...

i dont have any high defense units, so i just slap it anywhere. I play arena playerphase other than baiting rein and brave lyn with this cecilia
Ok I see, it's just because I usually use the seals as a way to further improve the best aspect of my units, and I sometimes wonder if I shouldn't also try to use them so that they mitigate weaknesses.

Got another Elincia and she is -atk +spd, definitely better than my -spd +hp one imo. Also got Caeda which means I don't have to sacrifice my 5* one for fortify. Finally summoned a Fae. A +atk Peri also joins my army. Overall a good haul for 17 orbs.

Mupod

Finished the Warriors maps. They were pretty fun, not hard but not braindead autobattle tier. The massive zerg of weak units was definitely a novel idea for a Musou-themed map.

Only one I bothered making a team for was Camilla's, and by that I mean I just took Fury off everybody. Nowi, Ryoma and Hector pretty much killed everything on counter as it spawned. Brave Lyn ran around picking off a few stragglers.

Cecilia can tank a hit from Brave Lyn on enemy phase with horse buffs. Didn't consider bow breaker though, I usually put WOM and let her fly though the skies.

Remember Mulagir nullifies her buffs (other than goad/ward) if Lyn is using that instead of firesweep/brave bow.

TA Cecilia works well in conjunction with Xander because if Lyn has Cancel Affinity then Xander can hit her. Unless she's firesweep in which case you want to hit her on your phase with a blade tome user or something.

I don't really use horses in arena anymore but I still wouldn't worry about Lyn too much with them. I haven't even bothered switching Cecilia off of Gronnblade+.

Sushen

My def+/atk- S!Cam has 39def with fortify flier buff which makes her almost flying Hector because her HP is pretty high for a mage. She tanks and kills all kinds of melee units.

I benched her for a long while and this gives me ideas that some IVs are definitely workable in different ways.

ChrisD

Wait, how did you get Goad Fliers and Moonbow? I just had my Elincia inherit a Palla as well, but in order to get Goad Fliers I had to use all three of my Inherit slots (Spur Speed 1, 2, Goad Fliers). I wanted to do that exact thing.

How good/bad would giving Elincia one of those "reduce damage by 30%" Specials that take two charges be? My logic is that, since she always attacks twice, it could grant a bit of survivability anytime she attacks. I have access to the adjacent and enemies two spaces away versions.

Unless I miscalculated, mine is +Attack/-Resistance, so stuff like Glacies is out of the picture.

Who did you give the Distant Defense 1 seal?
I've been shifting that one around a lot. BLyn, Mae, Elise (Summer), Tharja, everyone gets a turn

Wait, how did you get Goad Fliers and Moonbow? I just had my Elincia inherit a Palla as well, but in order to get Goad Fliers I had to use all three of my Inherit slots (Spur Speed 1, 2, Goad Fliers). I wanted to do that exact thing.
Use other chump bad SI characters to get started. Like eat a Saizo for Spur spd 1 and 2, then eat palla for goad, new moon, and moonbow

You can get Spur SPD 2 on these characters at 4* besides Palla

Clair
Jeorge
Marth
Saizo

Couldve eaten any of those if you had them. Clair especially wouldve given Hit and Run, spur spd 1, spur spd 2 if you had her

ChrisD

I've been shifting that one around a lot. BLyn, Mae, Elise (Summer), Tharja, everyone gets a turn

Use other chump bad SI characters to get started. Like eat a Saizo for Spur spd 1 and 2, then eat palla for goad, new moon, and moonbow

You can get Spur SPD 2 on these characters at 4* besides Palla

Clair
Jeorge
Marth
Saizo

Couldve eaten any of those if you had them. Clair especially wouldve given Hit and Run, spur spd 1, spur spd 2 if you had her

Dang it, didn't know about that. And I have three 4* Clairs. Thanks for the info.

RIPalla

Dang it, didn't know about that. And I have three 4* Clairs. Thanks for the info.

RIPalla
well, glad let you know what to look for in the future

Especially with those characters with really good inherits, I always try to figure out how to get the most out of them. Characters that need to get to 5* to get final forms are great fodder for the lower forms.

EDIT: also on the plus side, Elincia probably should be running Luna over Moonbow

Top Bottom