• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

kswiston

7aAKWNK.jpg

What are you doing? Get yourself a 5 star Cecilia! Right now!!

source

Is it still the case that a 4+10 is the same as a 5-star +5 if you are using skill inheritance for weapons/skills anyhow?

Got another Elincia and she is -atk +spd, definitely better than my -spd +hp one imo. Also got Caeda which means I don't have to sacrifice my 5* one for fortify. Finally summoned a Fae. A +atk Peri also joins my army. Overall a good haul for 17 orbs.
unless you are running her with a nonexistent firesweep sword, The -ATK is worse

Figured I'd use my orbs from the Warriors maps (the musou element there is inspired, I must say) and I just pulled
another -atk
Elincia!

pull a .100% unit and .050% sword in terra battle, can't pull elincia with 4% pity rate

I've learned that my luck shifts in gacha games.

So if I'm lucky in one game I'll be unlucky in another. Hence why I stopped playing Granblue Fantasy lol. If I start getting unlucky in FE:H then maybe Granblue becomes my lucky game.

Shinypogs

Been looking through my units again as I feed various units away for SI. I have 8, 3* Eliwoods. This man haunts me like I have wronged him for preferring Hector hard mode. Possibly also because I plan to sacrifice his son to give someone TA3 someday. I would give it to Soren but - res curse. Hilariously both my nino are + res but I don't wanna build a whole team for Nino. I just need a blue killer mage to join B!Ike and BK on my future infantry team.

Up to 344 orbs saved with a few more to get from story and the new maps. If I can power through all of the TT teirs I should hit 400 in time for October. I really hope there's a Halloween banner with good units.

Is Michalis or Narcian the stronger male flying axe user?

Tripon

Been looking through my units again as I feed various units away for SI. I have 8, 3* Eliwoods. This man haunts me like I have wronged him for preferring Hector hard mode. Possibly also because I plan to sacrifice his son to give someone TA3 someday. I would give it to Soren but - res curse. Hilariously both my nino are + res but I don't wanna build a whole team for Nino. I just need a blue killer mage to join B!Ike and BK on my future infantry team.

Up to 344 orbs saved with a few more to get from story and the new maps. If I can power through all of the TT teirs I should hit 400 in time for October. I really hope there's a Halloween banner with good units.

Is Michalis or Narcian the stronger male flying axe user?
SI a couple for defensive goads.

NSESN

4.25% pity rate. At this stage I just want my pity breaker to be a decent unit like BRoy, Ike or Ryoma.
Cain or Seliph confirmed then.

Shinypogs

SI a couple for defensive goads.

He has spur res and ward cavalry, neither of which works for my current teams. Atk smoke 3 is actually more useful on bow Lyn until I grab Reinhardt to complete my primary horse team. Xander and Camus are running hone and fortify cavs.

Tripon

He has spur res and ward cavalry, neither of which works for my current teams. Atk smoke 3 is actually more useful on bow Lyn until I grab Reinhardt to complete my primary horse team. Xander and Camus are running hone and fortify cavs.
I put hone and fortify on everyone on my cav team because I rather have the +12 in stats each give you then the -7 attack after Bow Lyn gives after attacking. It's not as good because enemies might not be in range yet

Alkez

Just spent £30 trying to get Ninian...

Fuck man pulled nothing so sad, not even a random 5*

Ah man sorry to hear that. I got convinced by the thread to not spend money and it's bs like this that I'm glad I didn't. It's stupid the game isn't on Amazon. Could at least use coins for a good discount.

Pity rate is at 4%..
pull a .100% unit and .050% sword in terra battle, can't pull elincia with 4% pity rate
4.25% pity rate.

Came here to say my pity rate is at 4% for the second time this banner and see all these posts haha. What's really getting me is the fact I've only had a couple of 4 bases and the rest have been 3* bases as a 4*. My Hana 4* is at +6 from this banner alone. With the warriors orbs I got no red, no red, 4* Hana, 4* Stahl.

NSESN

I feel it is easier to pull when it is green or blue. Red takes an eternity, with the same amount of orbs I pullled 2 BIkes and one Lancina.

Shinypogs

I put hone and fortify on everyone on my cav team because I rather have the +12 in stats each give you then the -7 attack after Bow Lyn gives after attacking. It's not as good because enemies might not be in range yet

I'm currently running 3 cavs and a dancer so there's no guarantee the second hone would end up on someone atm, as it is aside from the first 1-2 turns depending on the map it's hard to keep the buffs up. Usually I prioritize lyn getting both if possible or lyn getting hone for sure and Xander getting fortify for sure. Once I have Reinhardt I'll be running double hone( lyn and xander) and double fortify (camus and Reinhardt) though. It's just atm I feel like atk smoke tends to be good enough even if it's not super reliable.

Team is forever a work in progress though. Recently swapped sacaes blessing out for desperation 3 on lyn except when knowing I'm gonna face a distant counter unit. Life is so much better now. I need to change Xander's vantage for qr3 and put ignis on him and I still need to farm sp to put vantage on Camus who recently picked up bonfire.

kewlmyc

Why must Setsuna be the only carrier of bowbreaker? That means I must either sacrifice my Quadsuna, or go into colorless hell.

kewlmyc

Why even make Quadsuna? She's so underwhelming for a Life and Death 3 user.

Because I like the character and made her way before Bride Corderia was a thing, a time where a bow user doubling someone with a brave bow was unheard of...

She's still surprisingly effective against a decent portion of the cast. Just overshadowed by the two bow goddesses right now.

(she wasn't people were just drunk off quad hype)

YOU TAKE THAT BACK.

;_;

If you've got a passable full colour spread team that you can use to earn orbs from content up to an intermediate difficulty, it might be an idea to stop pulling for a little while. Most of the statistically best characters in the game that require the least amount of investment (skill inheritance from other characters) to be good can only be pulled as 5* units so if you're going to be pulling you want to skew the odds as closely to guaranteeing that you get a 5* unit as possible. There's also the pity rate to consider, which increases your chance of pulling a 5* unit by 0.25% for each 5 heroes you summon (20-25 orbs) that aren't 5* but only on that banner, meaning that if the banner expires before you pull a 5* that increased rate is wasted.

Try to stockpile around 100 orbs and go on a summoning spree and you'll have a solid chance of getting a 5* or at least some decent 4* units. It might sound like it'll take a while but orbs rack up fast when you're not paying attention and when you get better units there's even more ways to earn them.

Make sure to keep doing Arena and Arena Assault modes every week for feathers and free orbs. Even if you're not placing in the upper echelon due to your team(s), it's something you'll need to get used to and you can use the feathers to increase your best 4* units to 5* to make up for any gaps in your lineup.

While I imagine it'll be tedious if you're newer to the game, if you have a decent amount of time you can grind out the upcoming tempest trial (23rd onwards) to earn the 4* (or even 5* if you're dedicated) version of the Black Knight, who aside from looking badass is also an incredibly powerful unit. You'll also get some feathers, orbs, crystals and sacred seals along the way.
tbf I'm just using Eliwood right now because his stats are slightly better than others,basically a filler.My team right now are:Brave Lyn,him,Jeogre and Serra

ggx2ac

I'm reposting this because it's locked in the old thread (it's the only one I can remember finding) and I am forgetting multipliers that I need to see if a particular build will work.

The following information may be outdated as it doesn't include things like Cancel Affinity.

How much damage does a weapon deal?

(Atk*Multiplier) - Def = dmg

or

(Atk*Multiplier) - Res = dmg

So that is, your attack times the multiplier subtracted by the enemy defense or resistance which equals your damage. (Damage values are always rounded down.)

Weapons triangle:

On the weapon triangle, red beats green, green beats blue, etc.

If you have a weapon advantage on the weapon triangle, it will increase your attack by approximately 20% or 1.20 for your multiplier when you want to calculate it using the formula above.

If you have a weapon disadvantage on the weapon triangle, it will decrease your attack by 20% or 0.80 when you want to calculate it.

Same weapon colours give a multiplier of 1 so it is neutral.

Effective weapons:

If you are using a weapon that will be effective against a unit type, it will increase your attack by approximately 50% or 1.50 when you want to calculate it.

This includes weapons such as bows, poison daggers, armourslayers, hammers, heavy lances and Falchion.

When armourslayer which is red fights against a green armoured unit. The multiplier increases from 1.50 to 1.80 so you have a 80% increase to your attack.

When a red armourslayer fights a blue armoured unit. The multiplier goes from 1.50 to 1.20, your attack increase is only 20%.

Gem weapons:

Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire weapons increase your weapon triangle damage further or decrease it. It notes a 20% increase in damage in the weapon description.

If you have a weapon advantage with your gemmed weapon, it will increase your damage by 40% or 1.40 for the multiplier when you want to calculate it.

If you have a weapon disadvantage with your gemmed weapon, it will decrease your damage by 40% or 0.60 for the multiplier when you want to calculate it.

Same colour weapons are neutral again.

Weapons that give advantage over colourless foes:

It is the same as having a triangle weapon advantage.

So Male Robin, Cecilia and whoever else with their -raven tomes that give a weapon advantage against colourless units gives an increase of 20% to their attack or 1.20 for the multiplier.

The difference where it's not the same as an effective weapon is that the colourless enemy will suffer a triangle weapon disadvantage even though they don't have a triangle weapon.

Staves:

Healers who use staves have a 30% damage decrease to their attack when entering combat.

That is approximately 0.70 for the multiplier when calculating it. This doesn't apply to the skill that reverts the multiplier back to 1.

Effective Weapon + Triangle Adept:

This gives a larger multiplier than I expected. An effective weapon increases your damage by 50%, triangle weapon effects can increase or decrease it by 30% points. Triangle Adept adds another 30% points to that.

From testing Female Corrin with Triangle Adept against Marth, Marth's attack multiplier decreased to 0.9, so he had a 10% damage decrease.

However, if I was using Fae with Triangle Adept, Marth would have had an attack multiplier of 2.1 which means he would have had a damage increase of 110%.

____

I haven't written up Cancel Affinity because there's some depth to it, it's supposed to affect those that use Triangle Adept by making Triangle Adept users get down to a damage multiplier of 1 (depending on their triangle Adept level). It doesn't affect -raven users that don't use Triangle Adept so they still get a damage multiplier of 1.2, I forget with regards to gem weapon users though.

ggx2ac

Anyway, I essentially went through all of the above because I needed to see if it was possible for Spring Camilla and Summer Corrin to survive against Brave Lyn if I gave them -raven tomes and Triangle Adept since I still essentially need more counters for Arena Assault to make it easy to win.

Ninferno

If you have a unit that can solo challenge 5 hard that's 150 SP for 10 stamina.

Any decent melee unit with any kind of self-healing (Renewal, Sol, Noontime, Aether, etc) can do that. Even characters who are far from "decent" may be able to do it.

And yes, FEW Camilla Hard which is conveniently leveled at 35 is the ideal SP farm for the month (besides TT for TT bonus chars of course).

Top Bottom