• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Kojima Productions Reveal in Three Days?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
KurowaSan said:
june (6), 3rd (3). Maybe it does make too much sense

Rise of the Patriots. I'm calling it now. :lol
While the whole story of the Patriots was slightly not what I was expecting in MGS4, this would be awesome.

rykomatsu translated a bit
Kojima: At this time, this middle aged man (●●●) is shown. Because this is the only thing that's show, I want everyone to think about what it is. For example how the ●●● appears.
Hamamura: Is this...Big Boss?
Kojima: How the ●●● appears is a little different
Hamamura: What? Different...?

●●● = censored

daegan

When did everyone decide they didn't like MGS4?

It played awesome, had plenty of gameplay, plenty of cutscenes, and a totally over-the-top insane storyline. What else did you expect? It was freaking MGS!

/derail

Put me in the column that thinks two games as well. Remember that KP managed to kick out PO while working on 4.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
How can people think this is set after MGS4?

Raiden doesn't have his jaw.

jett

D-Member
You know, if you turn the "6" and the "e" upside down you can form the word "gear" with the letters on teh website.

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN

jett

D-Member
TTP said:
Those spikes on his shoulders suggest that yeah, but wasn't he also rescued almost dead from the Patriots and helped by some european cyborg scientist dude? (Which would explain the bandage on the eye).

He also got a human fix at the end of MGS4.

I've no doubt he'll be able to disconnect his head and put it on different bodies. :lol I mean that's all that the remains from his human side.

Or maybe it's just me not giving a flying fuck about a MGS4 prequel. I just want to forget about that game.

Kenobi

Well, maybe its time I pick up a ps3. All signs point to it, especially since now a "slim" is rumored to be coming out.

TalonsOfJustice

Neo Member
Just looked at the countdown again while on my laptop using the bathroom, then I saw Big Boss' face flash on the screen and shat myself. I didn't even need to shit. Day 1.

Dragnet

Isn't Raiden all
put back together and having no need for a suit at the end of MGS4 though, so how could that be post-MGS4
Raiden?

Holy shit. Big Boss looks amazing. What letters do we have now? Is it still too early to call the S/5 a 5 as in MGS5? Of course PS360 works with those scans, which means it must be an S. That seems a lame way to start a tease though, the S from PS3. It's funny, when I thought it might be a 5, I presumed it was going to be followed by 4, MGS5 didn't enter my head.

A dual timeline game featuring Raiden and Big Boss could be excellent. Imagine, you could be playing through the same areas separated by 30 years. Kojima could do something with that.

Either way, I'm absolutely stoked for E3. It's just not E3 without a Metal Gear trailer. Cannot freaking wait...

RavenFox

Banned
freethought said:
Holy shit. Big Boss looks amazing. What letters do we have now? Is it still too early to call the S/5 a 5 as in MGS5? Of course PS360 works with those scans.

A dual timeline game featuring Raiden and Big Boss could be excellent. Imagine, you could be playing through the same areas separated by 30 years. Kojima could do something with that.

Either way, I'm absolutely stoked for E3. It's just not E3 without a Metal Gear trailer. Cannot freaking wait...
Its your avatar

jett

D-Member
Is Raiden being able to put on a different armor/suit or a head thingy too much of a stretch for you people? Seriously?

p.s. i also don't give a fuck about sunny either. goddamn it this better not be a mgs4 prequel.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
DeathGlobe said:
I heard others saying its a redesigned Null and that Boss is wearing a Outter Heaven symbol

The symbol is of Outer Heaven.

But that's definitly Raiden:p

jett said:
Is Raiden being able to put on a different armor/suit or a head thingy too much of a stretch for you people? Seriously?

They would keep his jaw:p

Darkpen

Banned
WinFonda said:
My new wild theory.
That could be Zanzibar Land on Big Boss's beret there. And the character in the scans who we think is Raiden is actually Gray Fox from Metal Gear 2.
No, that's definitely Raiden.

I wonder where they're placing these characters though. I'm guessing post MPO (like everyone else), and between MGS2 and 4, for their respective characters. I wonder why Raiden has that eye bandanna thing, though. Maybe he loses an eye and gains a prosthetic/cyborg eye in its place before MGS4.

RavenFox

Banned
Darkpen said:

I wonder where they're placing these characters though. I'm guessing post MPO (like everyone else), and between MGS2 and 4, for their respective characters. I wonder why Raiden has that eye bandanna thing, though. Maybe he loses an eye and gains a prosthetic/cyborg eye in its place before MGS4.
Its not Raiden. Gray Fox lost an eye.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
It makes sense really, MGS3 was really virtual as I thought (and others did), and it turns out it was Raiden who was "reliving the memories" of Big Boss, which makes sense considering MGS4's events.

So EAT CROW FUCKERS!:D

jett

D-Member
Ether_Snake said:
The symbol is of Outer Heaven.

But that's definitly Raiden:p

They would keep his jaw:p

MEH! Everything but his brain and his spinal cord is mechanical. Means nothing!

edit: jeezus Ether Snake you continually make the stupidest posts in this forum, no offense

Darkpen said:
Definitely?

Grey Fox with the silver hair/bandana.
Gray_Fox_(MG2).gif

edit: Not to mention Raiden with Blue eyes in MGS4 and not in the picture.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Ether_Snake said:
It makes sense really, MGS3 was really virtual as I thought (and others did), and it turns out it was Raiden who was "reliving the memories" of Big Boss, which makes sense considering MGS4's events.

So EAT CROW FUCKERS!:D
yes, let me get the crow out.

Gray Fox only has 1 eye in MGS1.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Maybe it's that girl from MGS2, the one who also was a ninja. Did she die? Whoever it is, it looks unusually girly.

Darkpen

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
HA! So my theory was true then! MGS3 was really all virtual!!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Well, its certainly a possibility, but when you point that out as a theory, people then begin to whine and ask "if that's fake, then what in the world in the MGS series is real?! What can I trust?? :( :( :("

MGS4's codec w/ Otacon about CQC reveals that the story of how the world learned Big Boss being a "good guy," almost in the way of how we, the players, learned as much through playing MGS3 ourselves, and then there's the whole time paradox thing with MGS3 as well (not to mention, Raiden "played" MGS1 via VR, so it wouldn't be the first time), so yes, "your" theory's pretty validated.

RavenFox said:
Its not Raiden. Gray Fox lost an eye.

Yeah, but wasn't he turned into a cyborg after MG2? I can't figure where it would be in the timeline. Gray Fox was locked up in a lab the entire time and Big Boss was wherever Zero had him.

Plus, it looks exactly like Raiden. Half the MGS cast have lost an eye at this point so I wouldn't say that's definitive evidence.

FtsH

Shalashaska said:
Definitely?

Grey Fox with the silver hair/bandana.
Gray_Fox_(MG2).gif

edit: Not to mention Raiden with Blue eyes in MGS4 and not in the picture.

O..indeed he has one red eye, I missed that..

Darkpen

Banned
RavenFox said:
Honestly, I think that would only serve as parallel. Gray Fox is as good as dead. He loses his eye during the fight with Rex, but interesting that you pointed that out. Good eye.

Bit-Bit

When Grey Fox took his helmet off in MGS1, wasn't his right eye also cybernetic?

That's Raiden in the pic, but what if Grey Fox is connected to all of this?

EDIT: I hate you guys, you're too fast!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Bandana over left eye. That's null/fox.

edit: we're intentionally not supposed to get this. :(

But look at Kojima's quote. He wants us to think it's someone that it isn't.

Zen

Banned
Fox was crushed, there's no way it's him.

As for Olga: She got shot in the head.

The eyes could always just be red because of some form of Patriot mind control or something... who the fuck knows!

Top Bottom