• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Major Nelson: Official list of Xbox One X titles

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
NEED sunset over drive added please. oh, and destiny 2 (wth)

Floody

No Destiny 2 or CoD? Please don't tell me these shitheads are going to start money hatting "4K" versions of games now.

Dynomutt

Can a game run at 4K or 4K checkerboard but not technically be enhanced? Do enhanced specify being built from the ground up?

//DEVIL//

considering Sony has the marketing for both COD and Destiny. I don't think MS is allowed to say that these games will look better on their console.

common sense I guess

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
considering Sony has the marketing for both COD and Destiny. I don't think MS is allowed to say that these games will look better on their console.

common sense I guess

but star wars battlefront II IS listed

//DEVIL//

Battlefront 2 is on their list, though.

but star wars battlefront II IS listed

maybe EA got the OK ? maybe its listed their by mistake and Sony ninjas will be all over it ? it really depends on the marketing deals they have here.

if Sony has the marketing for it as well. it shouldn't be listed really.

there is no bad blood between ACTI and MS not to support the one X. it will most definitely support it.

Korezo

I'm interested on how FFXV is going to look, because I was never satisfied with the graphics on the pro. Would rather play the online mode on Xbox X if picture quality is actually good.

Daffy Duck

I really hope this kind of bullshit is not happening in the gaming industry right now. Dlc and shit like that is one thing.... but actual enhancements for a game? Come on.

There's probably enhancements but they can't specify that it runs better on Xbox one x.

But if there's not then yes that is some real bullshit.

No Mass Effect Andromeda, so I presume that's that for the game then.

Sunset Overdrive getting the shaft is sad, the one game that I 100% want that is a true Xbox exclusive and it's just being forgotten.

I do wonder about Rise of the Tomb Raider though. Given that all the leg work has been done with both the PC version and PS4Pro patch, you'd think it would be a given, especially with the previous exclusivity deal. Could that mean Shadow of the Tomb Raider is going to be co-marketed by Playstation then.

JoeLT

No Tomb Raider or Mass Effect is really disappointing. Why isn't Halo Wars DE getting a 4K patch? It just came out wtf Microsoft

JoeLT

Honestly I'm really disappointed by the lack of support from games released in the last 12 months. I expected if it got Pro support it would get support here but nope. By the loops of things Microsoft isn't exactly pushing this, theyre not even doing it with their own games.

Let's be honest insomniac games are knee deep in Spider-Man for Sony, they may not be allowed (contractually) to start developing a patch for Xbox One X or be able to spare any additional staff.

I would absolutely love that game in 4K though, maybe if the fans shout hard enough it will one day happen. I'm glad to see Quantum Break on there, I will definitely replay that when it's patched.

xabbott

No Ori, Sunset Overdrive or ROTTR?

Anyone else find that a bit strange?

I found Quantum Break being updated strange. Sunset and ROTTR not getting updated is to be expected. Microsoft would need to work with Insomniac and Crystal Dymanics. Both of which are on Marvel projects at the moment.

HooYaH

No Ori, Sunset Overdrive or ROTTR?

Anyone else find that a bit strange?

I think Ori would be quite a task since all assets are made in 1080p assets. They would have to redo all assets in 4k which would be like redoing a whole new game.

Trup1aya

Honestly I'm really disappointed by the lack of support from games released in the last 12 months. I expected if it got Pro support it would get support here but nope.o
nope. By the loops of things Microsoft isn't exactly pushing this, theyre not even doing it with their own games.

Pretty much every MS developed game is getting it

They can't force devs to push updates to every game. The list of games is getting additional support is pretty large though.

U2NUMB

I am gonna need an extra HD just for the 4 k updates lol.. I own just about every one of those games..

Some games on there that REALLY needed it from a performance standpoint like Steep and ARK.

Also happy that all my F2P games I enjoy are on the list. Smite, Warframe, WoT

EmiPrime

Let's be honest insomniac games are knee deep in Spider-Man for Sony, they may not be allowed (contractually) to start developing a patch for Xbox One X or be able to spare any additional staff.

I would absolutely love that game in 4K though, maybe if the fans shout hard enough it will one day happen. I'm glad to see Quantum Break on there, I will definitely replay that when it's patched.

These patches require very little in the way of resources especially if they're just bumping up the resolution: https://www.videogamer.com/news/onl...ys-gones-ps4-pro-support-2-on-infamous-report

Top Bottom