• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter V |OTVIII| New Delayed Generation - Controversial Inputs

Village

I feel like if there is a sf6, that game will have changes that a lot of the core fanbase wont like because of the reaction to sfv and there might be, a very small vitriolic backlash because sf6 will be the most un " sf" sf in existence.

mbpm1

I feel like if there is a sf6, that game will have changes that a lot of the core fanbase wont like because of the reaction to sfv and there might be, a very small vitriolic backlash because sf6 will be the most un " sf" sf in existence.

It will be a pachinko game.

I think a lot of his has to do with his stupid anatomy. his arms/shoulders/torso are all so ridiculously big that it looks awkward when they have the model move around.

After watching the trailer a few more times, I have to agree. I don't think animating this character model could look anything but awkward.

Village

It will be a pachinko game.

It will be a " realstic" tekken looking game with custom items that you can unlock, with a giant ( bad) story mode, that takes itself more seriously than SF should.

Get ready for Street Fighter 6, to me that sounds dope. To many others that's very...un street fighter, but I feel like that's where that's gonna go.

mbpm1

It will be a " realstic" tekken looking game with custom items that you can unlock, with a giant ( bad) story mode, that takes itself more seriously than SF should.

Get ready for Street Fighter 6, to me that sounds dope. To many others that's very...un street fighter, but I feel like that's where that's gonna go.

It still won't have an arcade mode =|

Street Fighter VI will be the most safe fighting game to exist and we all know it.

I'm talking beyond vanilla Street Fighter IV level safe.

Spman2099

As a huge Final Fight fan, I can appreciate elements of Abigail's design. However, they really needed to tone down the muscles. Like... jesus.

Stage is still sick.

Beil

The YouTube version of the Abi trailer @60fps makes a big difference.

Yes, and SFV will suddenly become the best game in the entire series.

Sayad

Need to see Abigail in proper gameplay instead of trailer cutouts before really judging, but right now his upper body movement looks stiff and slow, the same way an oversized bodybuilder would move, very heavy shoulder movement and not really using them unless he really have to, as opposed to Hugo who's a natural born giant where he has heavy but balanced movement!

If that's really the case, it would be a nice animation detail they have for Abigail.

SF6 will just be a polygonal re-release of Ultra SF2 and we'll all bask in the blandness that fighting game fans clamor for.
Those are just the SF2 fans. Even within the Capcom fanbase there is a rift. SFV catered to the SF2 fans far more than it did SF3 fans going by the vanilla roster alone. If SF6 goes any further in the SF2 direction it may as well just be a remake of SF4 and I'm not making the mistake of buying into that again.

Sayad

Every DLC character this year's been delayed, and it took them a year to release the retro costumes for Juri and Alex after their announcement. It just makes you wonder how much man power is being put into the game right now.
Ibuki and Alex nostalgia costumes models were complete a year ago, they're the exact same models they showed last year at EVO. Either it took them a year to place the models on the characters, or they were just sleeping on them waiting waiting for the Juri costume to be finished! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FluxWaveZ

lol, feels weird coming to GAF and seeing the dislike bar on the Abigail trailer after experiencing the reveal at the Evo arena. People were hyped and positive for him there, but there's the usual negativity outside of that context.

His actual look is really stupid, but in a way that works. This is the final form of muscle power. Other than that, he looks pretty different and rather interesting. I look forward to seeing more.

Spman2099

Need to see Abigail in proper gameplay instead of trailer cutouts before really judging, but right now his upper body movement looks stiff and slow, the same way an oversized bodybuilder would move, very heavy shoulder movement and not really using them unless he really have to, as opposed to Hugo who's a natural born giant where he has heavy but balanced movement!

If that's really the case, it would be a nice animation detail they have for Abigail.

A lot of that is taken right from Final Fight. Like, when he runs with both of his arms in front of him (like a giant forklift) that is taken directly from Final Fight.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
buff gief
https://clips.twitch.tv/DaintyAuspiciousFlyPhilosoraptor

hSYSpt4.png

I'm finding it difficult to disagree with this. He looks awful. Can he even be jumped over?
Is that really someone with a KOF avatar saying this?

Artanisix

honestly abigail looks fucking amazing and, playstyle wise, pretty unique for a street fighter game

looks like he can't jump? can other characters jump over him? i don't think they can...

looks like only way he can swap sides is by throwing them? wonder if he is throwable?

looks like lots of command normals maybe?

really stoked to see an actual sit down demonstration of him, i'll be picking him up asap

Spman2099

He went from RE1 Chris Redfield to RE5 Chris Redfield x 10.

I would say he went from RE6 Redfield (slightly toned down from RE5) to a cross between Hulk and Godzilla...

The screenshots don't quite do Abigail in Final Fight justice. He appeared huge and intimidating on the screen back in the day.

Blueblur1

Abigail is a bummer. Also the worst reveal of the night, IMO.

I leave Vegas tomorrow. This Evo has been phenomenal and a completely different and fantastic experience. Met so many new people and didn't have time to meet more. I saw Flux and the dude from the other thread that was going for the first time but couldn't stop to say hello. Theres always next year though. :)

Pompadour

lol, feels weird coming to GAF and seeing the dislike bar on the Abigail trailer after experiencing the reveal at the Evo arena. People were hyped and positive for him there, but there's the usual negativity outside of that context.

His actual look is really stupid, but in a way that works. This is the final form of muscle power. Other than that, he looks pretty different and rather interesting. I look forward to seeing more.

People are primed to like it at Evo and, conversely, many are primed to dislike it based on the Capcom hate train chugging along.

I agree. He's a weird pick and kind of ugly but he's definitely different. Some people aren't going to be happy unless every character reveal is a beloved veteran or a crossover character. People just want Capcom to mine nostalgia eternally (I realize Abigail is from an old ass game but more people were clamoring for Damnd or Edi E than him). I was upset when I heard S2 would be 5/6 new characters so I understand the feeling but I've come around because they've been great so far.

I'm bummed by this pattern Capcom are following, especially released so close together. =/

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I'm struggling to see the point you're making. Either you're upset that they all have rapid punch attacks or you're suggesting they recycled animations?

Sayad

OMG! Literally copy pasting characters!!!

It's really hard to tell if someone is series or just being sarcastic when it comes to SFV!

Hyun Sai

Something feels definitely off with his movements. Sure it's not NRS, but compared to the other SFV characters, it's like I'm going from a 60+FPS shooter to a janky 30FPS one.

I never had this impression with other gigantic characters before...

MrCarter

Cross post from EVO thread. SFV ended one of the best EVO's ever with 235,000 unique viewers across both Twitch and YouTube (ESPN2 numbers will be added later), making it the highest watched game at EVO 2017.

latest

Top Bottom