• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Fox Mulder

I see quite a few people lamenting what they consider to be a lack of marketing for the One X right now. From what I've seen, MS is gearing up for a really big push sometime quite soon. Major Nelson didn't do a free code friday last week because he was busy with prep.

I'm just wondering if that hype will start this week, or next?

I actually forgot about it until the other day and was wondering when it's actually coming out this holiday.

I pre-ordered the Scorpio edition when they first opened them up, but might push my purchase back. Forza 7 is kind of eh really.

PaNaMa

Banned
Sure hope Microsoft store ships them out a few days early. Things take a while to get to Newfoundland, and I'd sure hate to have to wait an extra week on my preorder when I could have just walked into BB and bought one launch day hehe.

Deciding between this or upgrading my gtx970 for a 1070.

What are the day 1s for the xb1x?

The day 1 doesn't look that good unless you held back on certain games.

I myself have not bought any of the big multiplatform game s after Destiny 2 for PS4 because I wanted to 'save' them for the X1X.

So right now I think Forza 7, Shadow of Mordor, Assassins Creed Origins and maybe Battlefront 2 or CoD WW2 depending on how their campaigns turn out.

I am sure I may be missing something and I would count Cuphead as I haven't played as much as I'd want on PC yet.

While on the subject...

My games getting at launch are...

1. Resident Evil 7: Waited strickly for One X to drop before playing, want the best experience in 4k HDR, and am a HUGE RE fan.

2. COD WW2: Haven't bought a COD since COD 2, really looking forward to the campaign. Probably not gonna play MP, to gimmicky for my taste as a History buff.

3. RedOut: Im a thrill seeker, and i REALLY miss my Extreme G for the GameCube. This game is the closest i have seen that will get my blood pumping as Extreme G use to. Can't wait to get my hands on this one in all it's native 4K glory!

Annnnd thats it until Red Dead 2.

Ill probably beat Alien Isolation, Gears of War 4, and Red dead 1 again to hold me off until the big one drops next Spring! :D

While on the subject...

1. Resident Evil 7: Waited strickly for One X to drop before playing, want the best experience in 4k HDR, and am a HUGE RE fan.

2. COD WW2: Haven't bought a COD since COD 2, really looking forward to the campaign. Probably not gonna play MP, to gimmicky for my taste as a History buff.

3. RedOut: Im a thrill seeker, and i REALLY miss my Extreme G for the GameCube. This game is the closest i have seen that will get my blood pumping as Extreme G use to. Can't wait to get my hands on this one in all it's native 4K glory!

Ill probably beat Alien Isolation, Gears of War 4, and Red dead 1 again to hold me off until the big one drops next Spring! :D

Got to wait till 12/12 for RE7 :-(

Got to wait till 12/12 for RE7 :-(

REALLY????? SAYS WHO?!!!! lol Hope your kidding! :(

If your not playing with my emotions, well then this can only be a good thing. Looking like they are going to take advantage of the extra power of the One X with the extra time, instead of just porting the Pro version over with better Res. Better textures, ect hopefully! Capcom takes major pride in this series, i can see them doing something special for us! :)

I just cancelled my Scorpio Edition at Amazon. Maybe someone here will be able to pre-order once it's relisted.

Why??? lol I was just talking to my brother today about how im seeing people on Ebay selling the Scorpio Editions for up to $1000. Just for the heck of it, i put a small offer in on a few of them last week (knowing i would get a notification if they sold). I get an Email for 1 that sold for $750, and 2 others that sold for over $650.

Not saying you should have sold it on Ebay, but man, there are people out there that really want these.

Electret

Why??? lol I was just talking to my brother today about how im seeing people on Ebay selling the Scorpio Editions for up to $1000. Just for the heck of it, i put a small offer in on a few of them last week (knowing i would get a notification if they sold). I get an Email for 1 that sold for $750, and 2 others that sold for over $650.

Not saying you should have sold it on Ebay, but man, there are people out there that really want these.

Eh, Ebay has become fairly flooded with them and the average price seems to have settled around $600. Not that great for sellers - I'd probably sit on it for a while and see if prices go back up as scarcity increases.

With all these Scorpio Edition cancellations Amazon has no excuse as far as being able to get them out to the people that actually want one on the 7th.

Say what now? I missed this

Edit:

Ok, people canceling not Amazon doing it.

He's talking about this. And i agree. This is just one of the messages i received from Ebay. People are canceling the Scorpio Editions when there are people out there that would kill to have one at the $499 price.

JeffG

Is there a video or checklist of things to do to upgrade? Pre-DL content, external HDD recommendations, etc?

Thanks!

The new OS upgrade has a section you can add to the home page about how to get ready.

Basically...Buy big external drive. Copy everything to it. Turn on download 4k content

and you are good to go

I picked up an 8TB Seagate drive for my X After the OS upgrade...copied 155 items form my 2TB drive to the new 8TB drive

I am ready and waiting

Mista

Banned
I seen this on another site, you may need a transformer brother, although not sure how consoles work with this kind of stuff, consoles may have their own built in. I'd check with MS customer support before plugging the thing in if i were you.

"There are four differences between using US appliances in the UK : the voltage ( US = 120V, UK = 240V ), the number of watts the product draws (different for each product), the frequency ( US = 60 Hz, UK = 50 Hz ), and the plug on the power cord. In order to convert, you must use a transformer, which is a unit that you plug into the wall and then plug your American appliances into."

Yeah used to do this with my Nintendo products! Thanks for the info

The Xbox One X is multi-voltage, just like the Xbox One S
So you just need a AC cable from your region or a adapter, that's it

Oh yes! Thats what I wanted to hear thank you! So the power voltage is going to switch automatically depending on my power if its 110 or 220!

Been going back and forth between finishing paying off my Xbox One X PS edition pre-order and purchasing a GSync monitor for my PC(Fiancé said I'm only allowed to have one right now lol) . Decided to go ahead and get pay off the pre-order and wait for Black Friday to upgrade my monitor when there are hopefully good deals.

dieter

Neo Member
I noticed that a couple of games grabbed updated xbox one x assets since turning on the option:
Forza 7
Pinball FX3
Life is Strange - Before the storm

RyudBoy

I never intended to buy/resell for profit. I don't even know why I pre-ordered it in the first place.

E92 M3

Is there a way to import all settings to the cloud or external? I think there was a way, right?

Also, my Amazon preorder still doesn't have a date even though I ordered it ASAP. Good thing I have a Gamestop preorder as well.

REALLY????? SAYS WHO?!!!! lol Hope your kidding! :(

If your not playing with my emotions, well then this can only be a good thing. Looking like they are going to take advantage of the extra power of the One X with the extra time, instead of just porting the Pro version over with better Res. Better textures, ect hopefully! Capcom takes major pride in this series, i can see them doing something special for us! :)

They have yet to confirm the release for the regular version.. but we know for a fact that we are getting the gold version with all the assets in 12/12..

Maybe regular version works before?

dieter

Neo Member
I noticed that a couple of games grabbed updated xbox one x assets since turning on the option:
Forza 7
Pinball FX3
Life is Strange - Before the storm

A couple more from Reddit:
Battlefield 1
Forza Horizon 3
Ghost Record Wildlands
Call of Duty WWII

JP

I assume the answer to this is going to be no but I am going to ask anyway, just incase.

Recently got a 4K TV sort of by accident and my receiver isn't 4k/HDR compatible so I'm currently connecting the PS4 Pro directly to the TV and then using optical to feed the audio back to the receiver.

It's not ideal but it is OK.

I've got one of these pre-ordered and because of a lack of space around the TV I was really wanting to just swap the Pro/X over whenever they're being used but obviously the X uses what I understand to be a proprietary figure eight power adapter like this.
iu

Now that the power brick is inside the console, I'm just wondering if anybody has seen some sort of an adapter would allow me to connect use the same power lead for the Pro and X? This is the power connector that the pro uses.
It would just make things a lot simpler for me because I've pretty much hidden all the cabling behind and it would just save messing around. The same Ethernet and HDMI cable can be used on both consoles, obviously, but I'm not running out of power sockets.

I'm in the UK so something local would be preferential although not essential.

watership

Not sure a huge marketing push is going to happen guys, given the limited quantities that they're going to have. Are there actually preorders still available out there?

While on the subject...

Oh my, Resident Evil 7....all I can say is enjoy :)

JaggedSac

Has there been more info about a Path of Exile patch? I've been getting into that game and some enhanced visuals would be pretty nice.

Somnia

Is there a way to import all settings to the cloud or external? I think there was a way, right?

Also, my Amazon preorder still doesn't have a date even though I ordered it ASAP. Good thing I have a Gamestop preorder as well.

They mentioned awhile ago there will be an option to transfer all your settings, etc. to an external before the X launches and then when you use your X it'll just import that and it'll be like your current xbox with no issues.

Literally just realized that I can use Xbox/Windows/MS Store currency to order an Xbox One X on the Microsoft online store. Time to crunch on Bing rewards and find good deals on currency cards to get one for as little as possible! The challenge is on folks!

Calvinpewpewpew

Neo Member
Just as a thread FYI, still no update to my Amazon order with a ship date. I know many others are having this issue so figure we could all chime in and see when they start updating the shipping notices. I would be shocked at this point if they all go out on time.

The funny thing is I ordered mine quite literally the minute the store page went up. If I wasn't already a prime member I would be moving so fast to Best Buy or some other program.

theytookourjobz

Pre-ordered the second it was available on Amazon. Contacted them today and they said the earliest it would come was November 30th. Bummer. Guess I'm gonna have to try Target on release day. What a fucking bummer. Supremely disappointed in Amazon.

Tall Paul

Packing up my ‘S’ today sold to dude at work........”it’s not you it’s me...I’ve had some great times but something else has caught my eye...you knew what you were getting involved in so you’ve only got yourself to blame for getting so attach!’

Pre-ordered the second it was available on Amazon. Contacted them today and they said the earliest it would come was November 30th. Bummer. Guess I'm gonna have to try Target on release day. What a fucking bummer. Supremely disappointed in Amazon.

I still don't understand how this happened. What is Amazon thinking??

Somnia

Been debating for awhile now if I'm going to get the X or not, I had it pre-ordered and then canceled it because I figured I'd just wait... went to my old GameStop last night and pre-bought it in full.

Asked him how pre-orders were (haven't worked there myself as a manager in 6 years, but my old 3rd key now runs this store and my assistant another store in town) and they had 18 on the scorpio and 20 on the regular edition. Between the 3 stores there's a total of 89 reserved in town.

Pretty good numbers for a mid-gen console launch I'd say. If I remember right the pro had 30ish between the 3 stores at launch last year. Might have been closer to 40, but I can't remember exact numbers.

crpav

Amazon USED to be so solid with release date delivery and shipping and customer service in general. Oh how things have changed.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I’ll probably pop in Gears 4, I’ve saved the campaign replay for HDR and 4K.
Then some 4K Horizon 3. FIFA, Destiny 2. Quantum Break.

MCD

I assume the answer to this is going to be no but I am going to ask anyway, just incase.

Recently got a 4K TV sort of by accident and my receiver isn't 4k/HDR compatible so I'm currently connecting the PS4 Pro directly to the TV and then using optical to feed the audio back to the receiver.

It's not ideal but it is OK.

I've got one of these pre-ordered and because of a lack of space around the TV I was really wanting to just swap the Pro/X over whenever they're being used but obviously the X uses what I understand to be a proprietary figure eight power adapter like this.

Now that the power brick is inside the console, I'm just wondering if anybody has seen some sort of an adapter would allow me to connect use the same power lead for the Pro and X? This is the power connector that the pro uses.

It would just make things a lot simpler for me because I've pretty much hidden all the cabling behind and it would just save messing around. The same Ethernet and HDMI cable can be used on both consoles, obviously, but I'm not running out of power sockets.

I'm in the UK so something local would be preferential although not essential.

You sure the X uses a special power cable? Because Xbox One S uses PS4 (regular) radio like cable.

JMY86

I'm holding out hope that sooner to the release date their estimate changes. My order still says they need more time to figure out a date....

Same here. I know a lot of folks here still do not have a delivery estimate. I have had this happen a few times on release consoles and have always received it on release day. I'm not worried yet...

Top Bottom