• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Colbert

Banned
I have a rock solid delivery date on my order since I pre-ordered it. But it is Germany. I had it with the Scorpio Edition and I have it with the regular Edition.

theytookourjobz

I'm holding out hope that sooner to the release date their estimate changes. My order still says they need more time to figure out a date....

Same here. I know a lot of folks here still do not have a delivery estimate. I have had this happen a few times on release consoles and have always received it on release day. I'm not worried yet...

Talk to customer support. Your console is definitely not coming release day but they at least gave me a $10 promo code for “the inconvenience.” Woo. :/

Same here. I know a lot of folks here still do not have a delivery estimate. I have had this happen a few times on release consoles and have always received it on release day. I'm not worried yet...

People on reddit are saying they've been told once Amazon gets them in their fulfillment centers they'll add a date and notify via email. I'm guessing the lack of info is due to them not actually having stock yet, which I would think should be before the 7th. I've ordered PS4, X1 and Switch from Amazon and got them all on release date aswell...

harz-marz

Sorry if this has been posted already, where is the best place in the UK to get a good bundle? I see my local Smyth's has it on preorder at £429 but are there any better deals? Thanks!

Mudron

Okay, so I placed a pre-order for the Scorpio Edition on US Amazon the moment they became available, but I decided to check up with Amazon's customer service department after reading the recent developments in this thread.

Amazon refused to tell me when (or even if) they'll be able to fulfill my order at all, and would only say that they would get back in touch with me in *maybe* a week to let me know if/when my pre-order will be fulfilled (I'm assuming Amazon is expecting to finally get their stock of Xboxes then and finally be in a position to start figuring who will be getting consoles and when, though Amazon's customer service department won't cop to this.)

That said, I see that the Xbox One X is still available on Best Buy - if I throw down for a back-up Best Buy pre-order today, would I be able to cancel that if Amazon manages to pull through next week?

Okay, so I placed a pre-order for the Scorpio Edition on US Amazon the moment they became available, but I decided to check up with Amazon's customer service department after reading the recent developments in this thread.

Amazon refused to tell me when (or even if) they'll be able to fulfill my order at all, and would only say that they would get back in touch with me in *maybe* a week to let me know if/when my pre-order will be fulfilled (I'm assuming Amazon is expecting to finally get their stock of Xboxes then and finally be in a position to start figuring who will be getting consoles and when, though Amazon's customer service department won't cop to this.)

That said, I see that the Xbox One X is still available on Best Buy - if I throw down for a back-up Best Buy pre-order today, would I be able to cancel that if Amazon manages to pull through next week?

Best Buy is pretty good about letting you cancel pre-orders and/or return unwanted orders. I'd recommend going for in-store pickup if you can as they won't "process" it as early as they would for shipping.

A word of warning that Best Buy will "pre-authorize" your payment method upon placing the order. It's not a permanent charge, but it will leave you unable to use that money until the authorization falls off your account in a few days. If you don't have the available funds, they'll email you saying there's a problem with the order and give you 24 hours to update payment before cancelling it.

Well, if amazon cancels on me ive already paid it off in amazon credit anyway so ill have to wait til they are back up on the service to get a new one regardless

Mudron

Best Buy is pretty good about letting you cancel pre-orders and/or return unwanted orders. I'd recommend going for in-store pickup if you can as they won't "process" it as early as they would for shipping.

A word of warning that Best Buy will "pre-authorize" your payment method upon placing the order. It's not a permanent charge, but it will leave you unable to use that money until the authorization falls off your account in a few days. If you don't have the available funds, they'll email you saying there's a problem with the order and give you 24 hours to update payment before cancelling it.

Thanks, Burd.

My Best Buy account is linked to a PayPal account that I mostly keep for dumb stuff like this, so, yeah, I can live without those funds being in the account for a while if it means I don't have to live and die by however Amazon decides to handle (or mishandle) their Xbox One X pre-orders.

One last dumb question - the only difference between the base Xbox One X and the Scorpio Edition is just some cosmetic Scorpio branding on the console and controller, right?

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Thanks, Burd.

My Best Buy account is linked to a PayPal account that I mostly keep for dumb stuff like this, so, yeah, I can live without those funds being in the account for a while if it means I don't have to live and die by however Amazon decides to handle (or mishandle) their Xbox One X pre-orders.

One last dumb question - the only difference between the base Xbox One X and the Scorpio Edition is just some cosmetic Scorpio branding on the console and controller, right?

Colour I think. Doesn’t the Scorpio have the gradient colour and the standard just the same colour?

Or did I dream that?

Well, if amazon cancels on me ive already paid it off in amazon credit anyway so ill have to wait til they are back up on the service to get a new one regardless

Mine is paid off in Amazon credit aswell...but if they can't guarantee me one on the 7th by the 1st I'm gonna order a normal one from Best Buy if I still can at that point. I'll just put the $500 I have at Amazon to use on other things.

MorshuTheTrader

Neo Member
I have the Scorpio edition preordered through Amazon with no delivery date.

I contacted support today and they told me that it would arrive for launch day. I asked when my order would update to reflect that, and they said: "Probably not til they ship. It will be the first scan of tracking thats why it looks the way it does."

Whatever that means lol. Hopefully mine should be here launch day then.

Thanks, Burd.

No problem!

The Project Scorpio edition has branding on the console/controller and a black to gray gradient effect on the console itself. It also comes with "special edition" packaging and is the only model that includes a vertical stand if that means anything to you. Though the stand will likely be sold separately at or around launch. The "official" stand for the One S has an MSRP of $19.99, but I bought a generic one for like $10.

Orca

Walmart tried to bill my card today and CIBC flagged it as fraud. I answered the text warning to allow it and they told me I had to call in to get it run through again.

I get on the phone with Walmart and they get it sorted out, then tell me the expected delivery date is November 14th....I guess I was right to worry it wasn't going to be the best way to order one.

JMY86

If theres not a solid shipping date on my order by November 1st I'll give them a call but right now its still too early. Things can always change....

I was thinking the same thing. I had no delivery date for my PS4 Pro and Xbox One S until about a week before release.

I bought my Kinect off someone now they are asking for like $50 for a cable to use it on my one x? Ridiculous

Your mother and I have something to tell you about your friend "Kinect". You might want to sit down for this...

He's moved on to a better place.
The iPhone X.

JMY86

Suggestions for USB powered Hard drives?

Think I'll buy one before the X comes out to prep.

I would absolutely buy an external drive if you are able to prep for the X launch. I figured it would be no big deal to redownload my games when I got my PS4 Pro and it was a mistake. I have pretty decent internet speeds in my area 60 mbps and I was still downloading for almost two days straight.

theytookourjobz

I have the Scorpio edition preordered through Amazon with no delivery date.

I contacted support today and they told me that it would arrive for launch day. I asked when my order would update to reflect that, and they said: "Probably not til they ship. It will be the first scan of tracking thats why it looks the way it does."

Whatever that means lol. Hopefully mine should be here launch day then.

What the hell lol! They told me the exact freaking opposite when I’m in the exact same situation... hopefully we both get ours.

Leonidas

Suggestions for USB powered Hard drives?

Think I'll buy one before the X comes out to prep.

Seagate Backup Plus Portable or Seagate Expansion Portable are the best choices IMO. They make up to 5 TB drives that are USB powered. I personally use a 4 TB one...

grizzelye

Walmart tried to bill my card today and CIBC flagged it as fraud. I answered the text warning to allow it and they told me I had to call in to get it run through again.

I get on the phone with Walmart and they get it sorted out, then tell me the expected delivery date is November 14th....I guess I was right to worry it wasn't going to be the best way to order one.

Damn, that sucks.

I was worried about card payments as well. I use shopto (uk), and use the pay now option in advance to avoid any card issues.

Calvinpewpewpew

Neo Member
Pre-ordered the second it was available on Amazon. Contacted them today and they said the earliest it would come was November 30th. Bummer. Guess I'm gonna have to try Target on release day. What a fucking bummer. Supremely disappointed in Amazon.

If mine does not show up on release day, I will literally NEVER preorder from them again. I understand some people don't live near big box stores and I sympathize, but I am going to pay tax either way, and can show up at BB or Gamestop and pick shit up just as easily. If the Best Buy gamer program wasn't an additional charge, I would buy everything from there as their program covers games permanently, not just on release day.

Might even try to go in on a membership with someone to defray the annual cost since you can set for store pick up/name the person to pick up to any store in the country.

At this point digital or regular store sale beats or matches Amazon 99% of the time. Anyways, sorry for the rant. Just find this whole thing incredibly frustrating.

Weevilone

Might even try to go in on a membership with someone to defray the annual cost since you can set for store pick up/name the person to pick up to any store in the country.

I mean it's $15 per year.. You are going to get that back and then some, with reward dollar vouchers. The only world in which Amazon was ever a better deal was when they weren't collecting sales tax for your area, and even then it wasn't a slam dunk.

TURBO1112

Just talked to an Amazon rep about my pre order and he said hes not sure why other reps are telling customers they will get it at a later date. He said they havent received the stock yet so the system can put a date yet.

corin7

Neo Member
Kinda glad I am going to be out of town for work for the first two weeks of Nov. I don't have to worry about the amazon. It should just be there for me when I get home. I literally have zero faith in amazon these days when it comes to gaming stuff.

JMY86

Just talked to an Amazon rep about my pre order and he said hes not sure why other reps are telling customers they will get it at a later date. He said they havent received the stock yet so the system can put a date yet.

Exactly. It can be really hit or miss talking to CS reps. One rep will tell you one thing then you can call back 5 minutes later and be told the exact opposite. I'm sure most orders are fine and will arrive on release day. I have read about many bad experiences with Amazon but I have ordered seven launch consoles from them and all have arrived safely on release day.

This is in line with what most people are saying on reddit aswell.

I think all of us will be fine.

watership

ViciousDS

Banned
I just realized that the western digital my passports come with a 3 year warranty......they must be pretty confident in those drives. Will definitely be picking one up

Dabanton

Thanks guys both hard drive and adapter ordered. May as well do it now before some wankers up the price.

Also ordered a rechargeable battery kit for my second controller.

Expensive afternoon lol

Colbert

Banned
Thanks guys both hard drive and adapter ordered. May as well do it now before some wankers up the price.

Also ordered a rechargeable battery kit for my second controller.

Expensive afternoon lol

You forgot to order the Xbox Scuff Porsche Elite Controller for just $299. A steal, I can tell you ...

They have yet to confirm the release for the regular version.. but we know for a fact that we are getting the gold version with all the assets in 12/12..

Maybe regular version works before?

This is what im wondering? Do the 4K assets for One X kick in with the original RE 7, or do they kick in with the Gold Edition?

Means the world to me, as if the 4K assets kick in before the Gold edition, I'll get on it on the 7th and then beat it again after Dec 12th once the Gold kicks in (for the extra $12-15, whetever it is obviously).

Ovech-King

Gold Member
Walmart (Canada) just charged my credit card . I guess they received their Scorpio edition batch... but obviously will be waiting 2 weeks to ship

(bastards!!)

Top Bottom