• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

1934fbf67d.png

You can take it as an avi as well guys

Still needs a cigar/cigarette

yuraya

header.jpg

Finished up Spec Ops: The Line. Been playing it the past couple days took me about 8-9hrs. Overall a decent third person cover shooter albeit very repetitive. The story was kind of messy but the voice acting was very good so the experience for the most part was engaging. They did a good job with the setting too. A sandy post apocalyptic Dubai was really well done and very atmospheric. I would give it an 8/10. Had a fun time with it. Recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it yet.

Parsnip

Finished Atelier Sophie. Well, the main story anyways. I guess I'll take a look at the extra stuff and see what the rest of the achievements are like.

It's really anime. But kind of a perfect palette cleanser after Witcher 3.
Great music and mostly fine voice work.
It's pretty good.
My main complaints are mainly about general ui stuff. It needs more category tabs, filter to only show new recipes, stuff like that.

zkylon

zkylewd
ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

not my kind of thing

probably

header.jpg

Finished up Spec Ops: The Line. Been playing it the past couple days took me about 8-9hrs. Overall a decent third person cover shooter albeit very repetitive. The story was kind of messy but the voice acting was very good so the experience for the most part was engaging. They did a good job with the setting too. A sandy post apocalyptic Dubai was really well done and very atmospheric. I would give it an 8/10. Had a fun time with it. Recommend it to anyone who hasn't played it yet.
i like it a lot, i think out of all the games that are like "YOU DISGUST ME FOR LOVING BLOOD AND MURDER BUT HERE'S A LOT OF BLOOD AND MURDER" it's probably the one that pulls it off the best

they pull off a ton of little touches with like changing your melee kill animations and voiceovers as the story progresses that i think is really smart and it's surprising you don't see more often

i guess part of that is because characters don't get mentally nuked the way the spec ops marine dude does

Benedict

Some leftovers from GMG mystery trash pack..

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dirt Showdown -- MB-1E7E76C51ED4CEF8 - Taken by texhnolyze
Huntsman The Orphanage -- MB-25E31E0DC53F4150
The Chaos Engine -- MB-4B7169C447039096 - Taken by Naked Snake

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PGP3OVL.png
Gwent Beta GOG -- MB-4C90C3C062E012D7 - Taken by kinezu
Enjoy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
welp you ruined the avatar, congratulations

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dusty Revenge: Co-Op Edition -- MB-5A6993B4D5EC4AC8 - Taken by bloke. 3 entrants total.
Luna's Wandering Stars -- MB-905D20EFAF6D1C0F - Taken by fuzzy123. 3 entrants total.
Mini Metro -- MB-94C37540F9DFBDF5 - Taken by Xeteh. 1 entrants total.
Polarity -- MB-7AF74F983DB4E9EE - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.

t1487663468z1.png

Is Volume 1 and 2 of the RE7 dlc up? I didn't like the game much at all as I've stated but I might as well try the dlc given I bought the pass along with it lol.

derFeef

Gah my keyboard died last night. I might finally buy a good mechanical one. Eyeballing that Corsair K70 with brown switches.

Durante

Finished Atelier Sophie. Well, the main story anyways. I guess I'll take a look at the extra stuff and see what the rest of the achievements are like.

It's really anime. But kind of a perfect palette cleanser after Witcher 3.
Great music and mostly fine voice work.
It's pretty good.
My main complaints are mainly about general ui stuff. It needs more category tabs, filter to only show new recipes, stuff like that.
I agree on the recipes, but to be fair the item inventory interface is already pretty damn good compared to pretty much any other RPG (with its various filters and sorting options). Of course, it needs to be better given the number of item and how specific your requirements for alchemy often are.

Ladekabel

Can anyone link me to a tutorial how to setup CEMU and getting my Wii U games on my PC? Because if I can get it to work I might just pit away my Wii U.

Mugen08

Gotta say the flow of game announcements has been pretty good as of late with
Pillars of Eternity 2, Beautiful Desolation, Full Metal Furies and Into the Breach. Exciting times ahead.

Is Wreckfest finally getting out of EA? Will it be a game?
https://twitter.com/bugbeargames/status/833958387691954176

I remember how this game made a huge splash when it first came out. That was 3 full years ago.

Pretty sure the mood of the customers turned since then. Lack of updates or bad updates and the fact that they started selling another early access game that looks more or less identical to this one... I'm glad I never bought Wreckfest.

derFeef

I remember how this game made a huge splash when it first came out. That was 3 full years ago.

Pretty sure the mood of the customers turned since then. Lack of updates or bad updates and the fact that they started selling another early access game that looks more or less identical to this one... I'm glad I never bought Wreckfest.

Yup I am pretty pissed about the whole situatiuon. I only wanted a new, good FlatOut game.
Or finally a worthy DD successor - it honestly looked that way at the beginning. But then it all went down the shithole.

Mikurden

To think this smug Sophie avatar thing all started up because I posted a screenshot of a graphical glitch
What glitch and which post was that? Maybe you'll get a custom tag out of it If this thing proves to have staying power, although Rhaknar's brief but torrid affair with it is already over.

Hakkelus

What's the other game?

Eila

Anyone here has experience playing CrossCode? Been waiting to play it, but I don't know about playing Early Access games.

Hektor

It's been this way since DLC started happening. You didn't notice when it was Microsoft getting the 1-3months exclusive timed deals on them?

I knew timed exclusive dlc is a thing from E3 announcements of Call a daddy, but this is the first time i'm actually realizing, yep, this is a thing.

The RE7 DLC's are the first Not-Dark Souls DLC's i've ever bought at launch i think.

Mivey

Ghostbusters 2009 using Kaioken x2 Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan AA
They should have just used this games script as a basis for a new movie. They could even put a story in at the end how they are passing the torch to Melissa McCarthy and the other gals. I guess Hollywood doesn't like to make money though.

rahji

completed syberia. had some graphical errors at the end, but it passes the trial of time and is still playable today.

I'm having a blast with RE4, despite tank controls and need in running chetaengine to hack FOV values every time i want to play it. Such a well-made game, incredible amount of details and amazing direction, music in battles and save zones gave me Silent Hill 2 vibes. I'm one step away from Del Lago, but if i remember correctly it should be easy peasy fight.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
man Hot Tin Roof completely fall apart halfway through, what a shame. Got the bad ending and have no intention on ever touching it again to get another ending tbh.

Tizoc

Really curious how the PC port of Band of the Hawk is. :-/

Rayge will surely deliver the goods and offer Shading/AA suggestions to get this thing running or looking well.

They should have just used this games script as a basis for a new movie. They could even put a story in at the end how they are passing the torch to Melissa McCarthy and the other gals. I guess Hollywood doesn't like to make money though.

Yet they're still making money.

Nice. How can one go about to upgrade the game to this glorious fidelity?

Using NVidia Inspector if you use an NVidia card. Note that I use 2x, so you can try 4x or even 8x if your rig can handle it and output 60 FPS with these settings-
cJhF6dp.png

Keep in mind one thing: You see LOD Bias? If you set AA to 2x, Bias must be -0.5, if you are using 4x Bias must be -1.0, and if it is set to 8x Bias must be -1.5
These are simple settings to assign so once you got it all up and running, run the game and it should look a lot more smoother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom