• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

Did the two Deus Ex Mankind dlcs, they were...nice, but man if that season pass is overpriced for what they offered.

Season Pass has two DLCs, but latter isn't out until Wednesday. So you might confuse that preorder timed exclusive DLC, which is now free for everyone.

ok idk what that is but maybe that

Someone already mentioned it, but I'll just elaborate for you. It's Persona Q for the 3DS. It's a thing where the Persona 3 and Persona 4 casts are pulled out of various points in their games (specifically, at points where you have the full cast i.e. Shinji and Naoto) to meet in an alternate dimension - and won't remember a thing afterwards, natch - and go through dungeons that are a bit more complicated than the ones in Persona. It's made by the people who make Etrian Odyssey, so the gameplay is pretty similar to that. The dungeon mapping is mostly manual with a bit of auto (you can draw in the map lines yourself, and put in symbols for various things you've seen, but the map square will change colour if you've "explored" - stepped on - it.) You get to choose whether you play as the P3 or P4 MC, and there are slightly different stories for each. There's lots of fanservice, they've Flanderized the personalities a bit (Teddie is REALLY annoying in this one,) but overall it's pretty cute.

Unai

it is.

source: I have Season Pass and played it 7 hours ago.

Weird. It isn't showing up for me. Maybe I need to start the game first? I can only do that in a couple of hours.

Edit: Never mind. I thought I had bought the season pass, but actually I did not!

Ozium

Weird. It isn't showing up for me. Maybe I need to start the game first? I can only do that in a couple of hours.

tMvYQOT.png

It should list the season pass as being on there as well, mine did before the banned footage appeared.. (and still does)

so it appears you didn't activate it? dunno

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
huh Spaceport Hope just ends out of the blue :/

In fact, there were a few zones I didnt even go to. Oh well, still neat for what it costs.

Nzyme32

Looking forward to that client overhaul they plan. They mentioned they are aiming to launch beta in summer. But then again this might shift as we are talking about Valve here.

Oh nice.. oh yeah, Valve time as ever. On top of that is the usual pro / con of Valve, where they will likely hyper-update the thing into a decent shape, while simultaneously introducing and swatting many bugs in the process till an eventual equilibrium point.

Unai

It should list the season pass as being on there as well, mine did before the banned footage appeared.. (and still does)

so it appears you didn't activate it? dunno

I edited my post. I thought I had bought the season pass but looking at my transactions I see that I didn't. The other game I bought along with RE7 was a "special edition" so I guess my confusion came from that. Time to right my wrongs!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
this hiatus of "proper" games until Hollow Knight isnt working out for me, the stuff im playing until friday... isnt the best lets just say >_>

Tizoc

this hiatus of "proper" games until Hollow Knight isnt working out for me, the stuff im playing until friday... isnt the best lets just say >_>
Same here heh
Decided to finish ghostbusters 2009 until it i get my key

Have u played 2064 rom yet rhaky? It gets good by halfway thru and has some interesting concepts in it from a storytelling side

Rhaknar

forget hollow knight and get night in the woods.

or get both.

fuck no, Jesus Christ o_O

How the hell can you have a hiatus on Steam? Don't we all have like a triple digit backlog?

I meant I didnt start any big games, I didnt start Atelier for example. I played Hot Tin Roof and Spaceport Hope, just small things to pass the time.

and they were both kinda bad in their own way (Spaceport was ok-ish), hence my comment. Of course big games can and often are bad aswell mind you.

Vlad

Infinifactory is such a great game. There's nothing quite like the feeling of being stuck in a puzzle for 3 days and finally being able to solve it with close-to-perfect cycles.

This kind of things makes me wish Zachtronics made a 3D Spacechem... That would be amazing and possibly impossible to beat.

Seeing as Spacechem is just setting up two (mostly) linear loops, and the challenge comes from the limited space, doing it in 3d would pretty much mean that it isn't SpaceChem any more.

Always nice to see someone else enjoying Infinifactory, though. It really didn't get enough love, but every so often there's a flurry of people posting their gifs of it in here. And just for a little hint, I posted about a couple little quirks of the gameplay that you might not be aware of a while back.

I meant I didnt start any big games, I didnt start Atelier for example. I played Hot Tin Roof and Spaceport Hope, just small things to pass the time.

and they were both kinda bad in their own way (Spaceport was ok-ish), hence my comment. Of course big games can and often are bad aswell mind you.

Ah, that makes more sense.

Spaceport Hope was pretty good for 50 cents or whatever.

Kudo

First crash or BSOD(?) on new build I got last year and GTX 1070 this Summer, immediately reminded of that regret, despair and pain that comes from computer problems.
Installed newest Nvidia drivers and just hope that was the culprit, Windows decided to download some random drivers few weeks ago and I didn't have much game time on them yet. For Honor was loading a map and I opened YouTube link then few seconds later suddenly time stopped, or everything froze (I could hear audio) - DPC Watchdog Violation.

Parsnip

First crash or BSOD(?) on new build I got last year and GTX 1070 this Summer, immediately reminded of that regret, despair and pain that comes from computer problems.
Installed newest Nvidia drivers and just hope that was the culprit, Windows decided to download some random drivers few weeks ago and I didn't have much game time on them yet. For Honor was loading a map and I opened YouTube link then few seconds later suddenly time stopped, or everything froze (I could hear audio) - DPC Watchdog Violation.

For Honor is a Watch_Dogs prequel confirmed.

EDF is a beautiful
ugly
thing that everyone should play, such wonderful absurdity. Having random freezes mid game which worry me about the state of my computer though as they didn't use to happen as frequently. Maybe it's a multiplayer issue tho, and more taxing games don't suffer in the same way.

Ascheroth

Got to the end boss in Atelier Sophie.
Got my ass majorly kicked.

Guess it's time to stop cruising along with half-assed equipment and relying on insta-death bombs for cleaning up mobs :p
IT'S ALCHEMY TIME!

Gold Thread is the single most useful synthesis item in the whole game, my god.
I managed to create one with Well-rounded-body (+25 to all stats), Dragonscale Defense (+40 defense) and Develop the Body (+15% base stat increase) and crafted some armor with it.
This is the difference to my previous armor, which I thought was no slouch either:
:O

derFeef

EDF is a beautiful
ugly
thing that everyone should play, such wonderful absurdity. Having random freezes mid game which worry me about the state of my computer though as they didn't use to happen as frequently. Maybe it's a multiplayer issue tho, and more taxing games don't suffer in the same way.

Aw man EDF is great. I have not gotten far into it and only play it singleplayer, but I will look forward to future releases for sure. It's one genre/series that I discovered for myself, just like Musou games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom