• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2017 - Giveaways are back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phawx

Guys, are chances low or high that feminazi will be delisted? I have a feeling it's not going to be delisted and I can just refund the 88 cents thing and wait for it to get into some bundle fodder thing.

NeoRaider

I am still confused about NieR.
Why trailer on SE official channel doesn't mention Steam release? Why are there 2 different trailers?

Tizoc

I am still confused about NieR.
Why trailer on SE official channel doesn't mention Steam release? Why are there 2 different trailers?
Lately i am of the mindset that us branch is all about dat console gaming while eu is open for pc gaming

Jawmuncher

Guys, are chances low or high that feminazi will be delisted? I have a feeling it's not going to be delisted and I can just refund the 88 cents thing and wait for it to get into some bundle fodder thing.

You should support indie devs with a message.
That 88 cents means a lot to them.

You can expect to see it in the Humble Breitbart Bundle, along with the world debut of Milo's book.

MUnited83

For you.
I just hope it doesn't get delisted before I can buy the LGBT flag emoticon and background first. After that, good riddance :p

Valve has shown pretty low tolerance for the few anti-gay games that tried to make it through Greenlight. I suppose it depends on whether it's at least some genuine attempt at satire or just the ravings of alt-right manbabies. I suspect the later.

Ban Puncher

G3f3opQ.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ban Puncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

FEMINAZI: The Triggering -- MB-C0A57F5C0B1A2D1B - Taken by PaulSane. 12 entrants total.

t1487700111z1.png

How much do you REALLY love plus ones for your library????

UltraJay

THEORY: Square Enix mistakenly sent the wrong trailer to the press. An older trailer. The date has either changed or Sony wants the Steam version to not be advertised.

At this point I feel like I won't believe any Nier Automata date until a Steam page is up and the game is actually released.

I feel like pre-ordering the Tracer Nendoroid for some reason. Play-Asia has free shipping if you order anything this week and they're selling it for a very reasonable $40.

Hektor

I mean seriously, not just in regards to NieR or PCgaming, but videogames in general, how can SE screw up so goddamn much.

gngf123

Oh god, Firis launches right next to Nier doesn't it.

THEORY: Square Enix mistakenly sent the wrong trailer to the press. An older trailer. The date has either changed or Sony wants the Steam version to not be advertised.

It's seemed fairly clear for a while now that Square Enix don't want to advertise the PC version for some reason. A deal with Sony is the only explanation that makes sense if the port is not the problem.

Arthea

It's trailer from their official press site and it can be downloaded here: http://press.na.square-enix.com/releases/917/battle-trailer-introduces-nier-automatas-main-weapon-types

So i guess that it's happening but SE doesn't want to mention PC version or confirm anything for some reason.

They never want, their store doesn't have or had most of PC releases on upcoming games page for example, which is kinda funny
They also subscribe to stealth releases with as low profile announcements as possible if at all.

NeoRaider

Or maybe... like someone else mentioned in other thread. That trailer was finished some time ago and SE decided to delay PC version because of DRM after that trailer was done.

But why wouldn't they edit it before publishing it? Or post other version with PS4 date only?... so confusing. I am getting tired.

OneUh8

I bet it is more the case of a deal done with Sony to not talk or show anything to do with the PC version. The date may be correct, but they were not supposed to send that trailer out. I bet we find out whenever the review embargo is over.

I mean seriously, not just in regards to NieR or PCgaming, but videogames in general, how can SE screw up so goddamn much.

I actually think they dont know any better. It happens with every S-E release lately.

DQH - leaked 2 weeks before PC release with a steam news banner.
FFX-X2 - 3 days before release the Steampage went up.
FF9 - everyone talked about the port, then a few days before release the steampage went up.

yuraya

I actually think they dont know any better. It happens with every S-E release lately.

FF9 - everyone talked about the port, then a few days before release the steampage went up.

Don't forget they basically stealth released FF IV or V on steam as well few years ago. I think someone here on gaf was just barely able to catch via some rating site 24hrs before release.

patapuf

I honestly don't understand. It's not even like Square doesn't have expertise in the company.

I honestly don't understand. It's not even like Square doesn't have expertise in the company.

Yeah. I dont get it. To add to that, remember the whole FF13 trilogy that was supposed to come out before the end of 2014/spring 2015. LR then came out at the end of 2015, without any big announcement. Everyone was wondering where it was, S-E didnt say anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom