• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I need advice for a haircut

GAF, my hair is driving me insane. I haven't cut my hair for more than a year, it's shoulder lengh, and having such a greasy, sweaty scalp is soooo uncomfortable in the heat of Madrid, and of commuting for so long in public transport. I want this gone. But I don't know how to cut this.
I don't want the Leon S.Kennedy cut again (What I got the last time) and short hair with an undercut has basically been appropiated by the nazis.
For reference, my hair looks like Chris Hemsworth when he had long hair. Only my life is stressful and involves walking everywhere carrying books and weight in the heat, so I look sweatier.
Help me, pls.

jstripes

Banned
For reference, my hair looks like Chris Hemsworth when he had long hair.

Then you already know the answer.

Cw7E6h8.png

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
You know who knows haircuts really well? Barbers. You can just go sit down and ask what they think you should get. Plus, the benefit of hair is that it grows back so even a less than stellar cut will be negated with enough time.

Hydrus

GAF, my hair is driving me insane. I haven't cut my hair for more than a year, it's shoulder lengh, and having such a greasy, sweaty scalp is soooo uncomfortable in the heat of Madrid, and of commuting for so long in public transport. I want this gone. But I don't know how to cut this.
I don't want the Leon S.Kennedy cut again (What I got the last time) and short hair with an undercut has basically been appropiated by the nazis.
For reference, my hair looks like Chris Hemsworth when he had long hair. Only my life is stressful and involves walking everywhere carrying books and weight in the heat, so I look sweatier.
Help me, pls.

Don't let something as dumb as that stop you from getting a nice haircut. Get a size 2 on the sides and keep the top about 2 inchs or so.

JWiLL

Banned
Dude...I don't think it's possible for you to look like a Nazi. Don't let them own a good haircut.

It doesn't have to be a literal "hitler youth cut". But the short sides + medium top is a good look and easy enough to maintain.

eot

Banned
It won't be warm for much longer. Keep the hair for winter. Put it up if you get too warm.

kamspy

Then you already know the answer.

https://i.imgur.com/Cw7E6h8.pngg][/QUOTE]

Can you afford a weekly haircut? That's about as long as that will look good.

OP, just rock the fashy undercut. There were active racist skinheads and anit racists skinheads in the punk scene in the 80s. Didn't seem to bother them.

I'm pulling the trigger on my new cut when my hair's long enough: you start in the middle of the back and slowly shave down while rotating around your head.

Help me, pls.

Don't wanna scare you bro but long hair + greasy scalp + stressful life is a recipe for losing hair. Either do get a haircut or make sure you take good care of your hair everyday otherwise you could start balding real fast

nitewulf

You have nice hair...either trim it a few inches, and trim the sides/back, or just get rid off it. Fade sides and back and short cropped on top, you will look good with that. I just get an undercut now, with medium length hair on top, matches my face and it's easy.

Just go to a barber tell them if you want it long or short and how much work you want to put into it. As long as you go to a good barber with lots of experience you should be able to get a good cut.

Don't wanna scare you bro but long hair + greasy scalp + stressful life is a recipe for losing hair. Either do get a haircut or make sure you take good care of your hair everyday otherwise you could start balding real fast
It's not greasy since I wash it a lot. This makes my forehead be too dry, and thus gets a bit greasy, and sweaty. The sweat dries, but it can be very uncomfortable. Today I had to hurry to the library and my head felt uncomfortably hot for a while.
My hairline is not the best anyway and I'll start using Minidoxil soon. (Like my dad did, he's bald on his crown but keeps a strong top of his head)

Maybe I should wait a bit longer for the cold to arrive. I cannot stress enough this ain't about whether to keep it or not, it's more of "If I let it go, what would be the best haircut".

Top Bottom