• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

haircut horror stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satch

Banned
lord so the first time i went to get my hair cut and styled i went to Toni&Guy which is pretty expensive (50 bux wow) but it was worth it because they did such a good job

i got it done like rihannas iconic mohawk from her rated r era and it was amazing and i was so god damn happy!!! but whatever moving on

anyway i needed a trim and i was chatting with my mother about it (i love her lawd i love my mama but girl keep reading) and she was like "hey i need to get a haircut too lets go to supercuts together they do a great job and theyre much cheaper than your usual place" and im like ok cheap is good

so we go and she cuts it short around the back and sides like i want, but i have to struggle to convince her to do it and shes like ARE YOU SURE ARE YOU SURE yes you fucker i am SURE just fucking cut it gimme dat 1 like i like it

whatever long story short she didnt take enough off the top, didnt even know how to style the shit, she had to ask another stylist for help with the curls because she didnt know what to do like ????????, and the worst part is that she didnt even clean all the shaved hair off my neck and shoulders so now i have to do it here at home!!! i was trying to direct her to show her more of what i wanted and she couldnt deliver so i just gave up 75% of the way through. i mean, homegirl's hands were shaking. like...... smh. and i paid 25 dollars for that dire experience.

also in spite of that i gave her a 5 dollar tip just so she wouldnt think black people dont tip lmao. so thats 30 dollars for that dire experience

life is trash and no im not posting a pic of my hair

post your shitty haircut horror stories if you have any xoxoxo <3

Atlantis

Wooshit.

9Rsre.gif

Batigol

Banned
I usually get short back and sides on number 2 or 3 and keep the top longish so I can style it

Few months back I accidentally said number 2 on the top and he proceeded to run a razor through the top of my head :(

Went through my "long hair" phase age 13-15. My hairdresser, a family friend and a lovely woman, didn't really know how to cut it in the style I wanted. So she cut my ridiculously long fringe in a ruler straight line and left the rest of my hair uncut. No kidding. I was referred to as "Mushroom Head" for the rest of high school.

Camp Lo

Banned
In fifth grade, I was acting a damn fool in school and my grandmother fucked my edge up so bad. I went to school like this and got clowned:

tumblr_m3scenABL61r8y8w0o1_400.jpg

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I had just moved to college and did a week orientation program where we went camping on the river. On the last day of the trip, when we were getting back to the city, I started feeling crappy.

I went to get a haircut. The guy didn't hear what razor I said or something and used a 1 instead of a 3.

At the same time, I had developed chicken pox. Yes, chicken pox at 18.

So I had no hair, was extremely sick, and was developing these unknown bumps and marks all over my skin.

I was popular the first month of school.

I had just moved to college and did a week orientation program where we went camping on the river. On the last day of the trip, when we were getting back to the city, I started feeling crappy.

I went to get a haircut. The guy didn't hear what razor I said or something and used a 1 instead of a 3.

At the same time, I had developed chicken pox. Yes, chicken pox at 18.

So I had no hair, was extremely sick, and was developing these unknown bumps and marks all over my skin.

I was popular the first month of school.

omg

nooooo

D5uJuyO.gif

Skinpop

I have semi-long hair and have sported the same hairstyle for years, so usually I only go to get my hair trimmed a few centimeters. Even that is a far too tall an order for most hair stylists it would seem.

Last October I went to a cheap $30 place to get it trimmed 1-2 centimeters. The general rule of thumb I use is to ask them cut half of what I actually want cut. So 4 cm means 2 cm and so on.
So I get there and I ask her to trim 1 cm of my hair, I want it the same way just tighter and a bit shorter.
My bangs when pulled down would have touched my chin at the point, so I expected them to end up just above the mouth. Well everything looks ok for the first 15 minutes and then she grabs my bangs with one hand and bluntly cuts them just under my eyebrows. At this point I thought about protesting, but something inside me just gave up. The hair is not coming back, it's been cut. It's over. After the cut she asked if I would like some styling, and if I want it styled back or forwards. I told her to use just a tiny little bit of wax and style ot forwards. She squeezes out a good two spoonfuls of wax and pulls all my hair back into what's essentially a back-slick, saying "I don't think it looks good to have the hair forward on guys".

When I got home, I also realized that my right side was 2-3 centimeters longer than the left. Took a solid 2-3 months and another cut before I looked presentable again.

The day before I left for college, I decided to dye my hair black and in the process dyed much of the skin around my forehead and ears. In a panic, I tried scrubbing it off hardcore and ended up with raw skin for the first week of school.

Never go full emo.

CSX

never had a horror story myself but i'll tell ya a friend's.

Elementary school, mid-90's. His parents took him to one of those $2 haircut shops.

A couple minutes in...blood was flowing down his face

i was really desperate for a haircut one day* so I just stopped into a salon that was attached to a grocery store that was converted into a swapmeet/discount mall. yeah. the korean lady was nice enough, but before I could really give her any direction, she gave me a kim jong il haircut. i went home and shaved it off :(

*more than a decade ago

Obligatory
Mj2u4JP.gif

I haven't cut my hair in a long time as I prefer long hair, but I can't stand the upkeep. The worst instance I can remember was when I was doing cornrows for the second time. The woman who was braiding my hair was eating potato chips in between yanking my head really hard, so crumbs got in my braids. I was fairly young at the time and she was one of those African women at those ethnic shops where you can't complain because she feels that she's going out of her way to do your hair for you. i guess it was all oil to her so it didn't matter.

Thankfully, I haven't had to deal with those kinds of shops in a long time especially since I don't do braids anymore. Being tender headed though means that every single time I get my hair done, i wind up with some sort of headache the next day. The price I pay for wanting long hair; short hair gives me a completely different image and I don't like it.

i was really desperate for a haircut one day* so I just stopped into a salon that was attached to a grocery store that was converted into a swapmeet/discount mall. yeah. the korean lady was nice enough, but before I could really give her any direction, she gave me a kim jong il haircut. i went home and shaved it off :(

*more than a decade ago

Would have been nice if it was a Kim Jong Un cut.

GrapeApes

I was overseas and needed a haircut. I was waiting and I seen pictures of Sisqo up on the walls. Didn't think nothing of it. Kinda weird but maybe dude just like American music and the Thong Song must have still been getting play. So I get in the chair and this dude keep looking at the picture while cutting my hair. Turns out he's using the Sisqo picture as a reference. I figured it halfway through. If you dyed my hair platinum then I'd have been a ringer for Sisqo. It was super cheap but damn I wished I had gotten my haircut back home. Good thing was it was summer time so I didn't have to be seen out in public looking like that.

http://youtu.be/Wr1RHpbXtig

:)

I once told the barber he was cutting it too short (he was just using a hair trimmer) and his response was "it's not too short"....

Haha. For me its more like ~90% through hair cut~ "Okay perfect! Please don't touch anything, should I say something, oh god, don't do it"

*Barber grabs scissors and does something stupid*

"NOOOO Whhyy. I SHOULD HAVE SAID STOP. Goddammit.." But after a week it looks fine lol.

SaviorX

I prefer my hair to look like this at all times

kid-cudi_govball_062320120551.jpg

Yet I do NOT know the numbers to ask for (1,2,3?) to get that proper Guile fade...
Anyone know?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Once ended up getting a Gohan bowlcut when I was a kid because the barber was a complete incompetent:

gLUsqBd.png

Surprisingly the other kids didn't give me too much shit over it.

ampere

I've had some haircuts that I thought were just normal haircuts and then a friend would say I look like a middle aged woman (I'm male and was in high school).

In fifth grade, I was acting a damn fool in school and my grandmother fucked my edge up so bad. I went to school like this and got clowned:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3scenABL61r8y8w0o1_400.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Oh god. Just shave it all off if it ever gets that bad haha.

[quote="Satch, post: 103703345"]also in spite of that i gave her a 5 dollar tip just so she wouldnt think black people dont tip lmao[/QUOTE]

LOL

[quote="SaviorX, post: 103707182"]I prefer my hair to look like this at all times

[IMG]http://unitedvirtuoso.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/kid-cudi_govball_062320120551.jpg
Yet I do NOT know the numbers to ask for (1,2,3?) to get that proper Guile fade...
Anyone know?

Bring this picture to the barber?

They might be able to just get it done based on the picture. Some are good like that.

Manu

Once ended up getting a Gohan bowlcut when I was a kid because the barber was a complete incompetent:

gLUsqBd.png

Surprisingly the other kids didn't give me too much shit over it.

I rocked the Gohan until I was 11 years old. Then one day I decided I didn't want to cut it anymore, and I've had long hair since then.

Superflat

Been cutting my own hair exclusively since college. I have medium length hair, wavy. I wear it shaggy so it's pretty easy to trim it myself with proper scissors because there's little need to be exacting. And If anything went wrong, there's always enough hair to hide it.

In the past year or so I've grown kinda tired of this style so I've been thinking about going to a nice professional place and see what they can do with it. Since it'll be my first pro haircut in a looong time now, I should treat myself :D

If it turns into a horror story, I'll revisit this thread.

Though I'm pretty good at it now, when I first started experimenting with cutting my hair in high school, it was horrible. Had no idea how to cut bangs, every cut was blunt, I didn't even have real hair cutting scissors lol. But I had to take things into my own hands because my mother would only take me to this middle aged Korean lady's place, and she operated out of her own garage. Technically speaking, they were fine, but she only knew one style, and it was generic as hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom