• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Double Fine's Stacking Coming Soon To PC

I had the same problem. The issues you mentioned plus the way the character bobbed up and down as you moved around meant I couldn't play for more than 30 minutes without feeling like shit.

Yeah, that got to me as well. I think if the camera was pulled back a little bit more it might fix that problem.

Either way I hope that the game is able to run well on the PC, or at least have options to turn down the DOF a bit at the very least. I actually really like DOF in games, but it was just so strong in this game.

thebeeks

Banned
Awesome, I'll get to play Stacking (and maybe Trenched if the rumors are true) for the first time. Good on ya, guy bankrolling all of this.

gabbo

Holy shit, the Canadian guy behind the online exchange rate site bankrolled this?
etEhB.jpg

If Trenched joins Alan Wake on PC, the master race needs to get down on their knees and fellate Microsoft for making this happen.

ArjanN

If Trenched joins Alan Wake on PC, the master race needs to get down on their knees and fellate Microsoft for making this happen.

Trenched/Iron Brigade was already added to the steam registry so IMO it's a given that it will come, they're probably just spacing their PC releases out a bit.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Official Press Release: (Spring 2012; 14.99; includes DLC)

SAN FRANCISCO, CA – December 16 — Double Fine Productions is happy to announce that Stacking, the Russian Doll Adventure recently named Downloadable Game of the Year by G4TV’s X-Play, is coming to the PC.

“I had nothing to do with this,” interjected Steve Dengler of Dracogen Strategic Investments, even though he totally funded the whole thing.

“Please, it is Christmas time and I prefer my good deeds to be anonymous, like Santa,” he added.

“Uh, everybody knows about Santa,” said Stacking creator Lee Petty, “He’s on every street corner in town.”

“So’s your mother,” said Mr. Dengler.

“Ho ho ho, that’s not Christmas talk,” said Santa Claus, who had slid into the room through the chimney without anyone noticing. “Christmas is about the spirit of giving, like how Double Fine is giving away the excellent DLC adventure The Lost Hobo King along with Stacking.”

Lee and Steven scowled at each other for a bit longer, but then they had to laugh and agree that Santa was right, and everybody gathered around to hug and sing Christmas carols. They sang about what an awesome game Stacking was, how great the Lost Hobo King DLC was, and how lucky everyone was that all this joy would be available on Steam, in the Spring of 2012 at the bargain price of $14.99. It was a strange song that didn’t rhyme much, but it was heartfelt.

And Lee’s mother, who is a saint, never found out about any of this.

Red

I wish all press releases were written with a sense of humor. The world would be a better place.

Jintor

Team Fortress 2 levels of press release.

Well, Double Fine levels of press release.

The way it was written reminded me of TF2's blog though.

an achievement/trophy whore's wet dream. i 100%'ed this and the dlc on psn in 2 days. awesome awesome game...(however repetitive)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, this game is great! I had no idea what kind of game it would be, but bought it anyway. I definitely didn't expect a relatively free-roaming adventure game! What a pleasant surprise. I love the aesthetics of the world, too.

forrest

formerly nacire
I've really wanted to pick this one up to play with the wife. She really enjoys the Double Fine games as do I. Glad I held off as I would rather have it on Steam!

Top Bottom