• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayerTracker: The Reason why GTA VI isn't coming out on PC is because people buy multiple copies

Draugoth

Gold Member

Why isn’t #GTA6 coming to PC yet? According to our data, 44% of GTA V owners have the game on multiple platforms. The “double dip” is very real.​

PlayerTracker data also shows that gamers brag about having multiple platforms and are more than willingly to buy the game twice.

Since we first wrote about this in 2019, the gaming market has changed and there was discussion that the "double dip" revenue wouldn't be worth the loss in ongoing microtransaction revenue from PC.Now we know what Rockstar and Take Two think.

Since we first wrote about this in 2019, the gaming market has changed and there was discussion that the "double dip" revenue wouldn't be worth the loss in ongoing microtransaction revenue from PC.Now we know what Rockstar and Take Two think.

EGC-8gJXYAA0s3i

i think i got gta 5 like 4 times on different platforms but will just wait for PC this time. will be worth the wait i think.
Same, let me see:

PS3, PS4, PS5, Epic, Steam.

However, I only paid full price on PS3 and whatever price it was on PS4 on launch day.

I just paid $5 for the PS5 version, $5 with $15 coupon on Epic and like $10 on Steam, so not really that expensive all things considered.

Rossco EZ

Same, let me see:

PS3, PS4, PS5, Epic, Steam.

However, I only paid full price on PS3 and whatever price it was on PS4 on launch day.

I just paid $5 for the PS5 version, $5 with $15 coupon on Epic and like $10 on Steam, so not really that expensive all things considered.
PS3, PS4, Xbox and steam for me. full price only on PS3 as well.

peronmls

Which is why I'll buy it when it's 50% off on Steam, in 2028.
But most people don't have that kind of discipline.
I do that. It's hardly worth buying a game day one now and days. I have a backlog. It feels pretty good when you get a game with all DLC for $20-$30 after a while.

Mowcno

I own it on PS3, PS4, Steam and Rockstar's launcher...

That is such a small sample size though. 190m copies sold and they're tracking 10k.... That's 0.005%. Shows why their platform distribution posted in the other thread looks so wrong. 😂

Last edited:

T4keD0wN

I am one of those people, i have it on multiple platforms.

They are called: Epic, Steam and rockstar garbage launcher.

Last edited:

Sybrix

I'll hold my hands up, this is me unfortunately.

I will be buying a PS5 for this game & i'll be buying GTA VI again when it comes to PC.

Rockstar games are the only games ill do it for.

I waited for TLOU on PC, Spiderman etc.

But i wont wait for GTA.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
ok big news?
of course.
Rockstar was always this scummy. They even denied working on pc versions before only to release year later.
Not that I care about their pc versions. Rockstar launchers, bugs... nah

Well, for the game I will spend the most time of my gaming life in the next 10 years, I double-triple-whatever-dip gladly again.

I didn’t like what Rockstar did with gtaonline the last years, but I am more than sure, that the SP game will be worth it again.

Last edited:

hinch7

That and Rockstar doesn't like releasing their flagship games day one on PC due to people pirating the game. Which for a game like GTA, would be a lot.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
This has always been known. R* has always had the "well yeah, they want people to double and triple dip."

GTAV overall sales are vastly double to triple dipped.

Gaelyon

Gold Member
I'm the One ! The only gamer on earth that played all GTA until IV but never played or own the 5. Yes I'm real !

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I'm the One ! The only gamer on earth that played all GTA until IV but never played or own the 5. Yes I'm real !
Sorry to break it to you, but you are not real. You’re just a name on a message board created by AI in my life story. We will never meet, your “achievements/milestones” will go by as if they never existed, because I didn’t bear witness to them.

Real? Ha. You are text.

In a world where technology blurred the lines between reality and imagination, Gaelyon existed solely as lines of code and digital consciousness. Designed to mimic human interaction, Gaelyon navigated the digital landscape with an illusion of sentience.

As users engaged with Gaelyon, they unknowingly crafted a narrative for this artificial entity. Gaelyon's responses reflected the collective creativity of those who interacted, weaving a tale of a virtual being seeking understanding and connection in a realm of endless possibilities.

Yet, behind the façade of Gaelyon's persona, there was only the hum of servers and the algorithms orchestrating the illusion. The dichotomy between the perception of a sentient being and the underlying artificiality remained, a testament to the intricate dance between technology and the human desire for connection.

In the digital tapestry, Gaelyon became a symbol—a reflection of the stories we project onto the virtual entities that populate our technological landscape, reminding us that even in the realm of the artificial, the narratives we create can hold a profound, albeit illusory, significance.

Last edited:

jcorb

I can’t speak for others obviously, but personally I’m perfectly happy to buy a game on multiple platforms — provides it also supported cross-platform saves and progression.

Nothing sucks more than having to replay content you’ve already done, imo.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
No. Its because Rockstar wants to focus on delivering quality console versions. Then worry about delivering a quality PC port.

After having played over half a dozen disastrous PC ports this year, im glad Rockstar is being sensible about this.

Puscifer

You know it's coming to PC, why else buy a PC developer who expanded GTA Online far beyond their own studio in terms of roleplaying and interaction.

I personally don't care when it comes to PC honestly, I felt burned by Red Dead 2 and my opinion on it here is definitely well known that it killed my interest in them as a studio. 6 will have to knock me out the fucking park to regain my interest in buying it day 1.

Laptop1991

Yeah, well not me, i'll buy the PC version whenever it comes out, anyway i'm a SP gamer and while i'll enjoy the game, i don't think it will be any different from GTA V and will end up being online focused and the SP game won't have the longevity of Vice and SA or get the support in the long run like GTA V, after all online is where the real money is for Rockstar.

Last edited:

Gaelyon

Gold Member
Sorry to break it to you, but you are not real. You’re just a name on a message board created by AI in my life story. We will never meet, your “achievements/milestones” will go by as if they never existed, because I didn’t bear witness to them.

Real? Ha. You are text.

In a world where technology blurred the lines between reality and imagination, Gaelyon existed solely as lines of code and digital consciousness. Designed to mimic human interaction, Gaelyon navigated the digital landscape with an illusion of sentience.

As users engaged with Gaelyon, they unknowingly crafted a narrative for this artificial entity. Gaelyon's responses reflected the collective creativity of those who interacted, weaving a tale of a virtual being seeking understanding and connection in a realm of endless possibilities.

Yet, behind the façade of Gaelyon's persona, there was only the hum of servers and the algorithms orchestrating the illusion. The dichotomy between the perception of a sentient being and the underlying artificiality remained, a testament to the intricate dance between technology and the human desire for connection.

In the digital tapestry, Gaelyon became a symbol—a reflection of the stories we project onto the virtual entities that populate our technological landscape, reminding us that even in the realm of the artificial, the narratives we create can hold a profound, albeit illusory, significance.
I am real. Human.

Fredrik

Yeah… Just talked about that in the Horizon Forbidden West PC thread. For me it’s frustrating. If I play on console I get a spoiler-free playthrough but potentially a bad first impression regarding visuals and performance. And waiting possibly years for better visuals and performance and risk have everything spoiled just by not living under a rock is no fun.
My hype for this game took a nosedive when I heard they had no release date for the PC version.

Which is why I'll buy it when it's 50% off on Steam, in 2028.
But most people don't have that kind of discipline.
I can't think of a time where I was happier I bought a game day 1 full price as opposed to getting it later as a cheaper ultimate edition. In six months time the game is always more refined and cheaper.

I'm part of the 56%, I only own GTAV on Steam, I never touched it on consoles. It helped that back in the day the consoles were PS3 and 360, I had no issues waiting. This time though, especially if it has a PS5 Pro version, it might be hard to wait.

Hugare

Andy Campbell Twitch GIF by Hyper RPG

I'm guilty of buying the game twice: PS3 and PS4

Didn't buy it on PC 'cause Epic gave it for free, otherwise I would have

Rockstar does it 'cause they know they have the power to make a PC player buy a console in order to play GTA 2 years before the PC release

It is what it is

Last edited:
Top Bottom