• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayerTracker: The Reason why GTA VI isn't coming out on PC is because people buy multiple copies

Stamps1646

I played it on the Xbox360 and never bought another copy.
For me it was a one and done game and GTA Online wasn't for me.

If I have to wait a year for the PC version, then so be it.

GTA 5 was the last time they caught me and will ever catch me for the rest of my life. I saw through their bullshit with RDR2 and was right. The same thing will happen with GTA 6. And I'll do it again, I won't reward them with a day one purchase either, it'll be on sale for a deep discount because I don't mind waiting. I've got a 7 week old daughter who is infinitely more fun and rewarding to play with anyway.

LostDonkey

I waited for the PC version last time. Because the loading in the PS3 version was criminally unbearable. Especially online.

PS5 should be much better in that regard at least. And my PC is ancient now.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
That’s BS, the reason is because both Sony and MS has paid for some sort of advertising deals and timed exclusives. ( timed exclusives doesn’t just have to content but merchandising and advertising as well).

We will see GTA with Xbox logos on some products while gta with PS logos on others. And I’m sure it’s not just those two but many many other companies.

Crayon

d4bae74b-97fe-4ce4-8f10-4077beb9d674_text.gif

Denton

I double dipped only with RDR2.

In my defense, I had a reason to believe RDR2 would not get PC release since first game never got it. And I was desperate to find something to use PS4 Pro for (and since finishing RDR2, it has collected dust again for the last 5 years).

Definitely not making that mistake again. PC and 60fps at best fidelity it is.

Last edited:

Kerotan

Which is why I'll buy it when it's 50% off on Steam, in 2028.
But most people don't have that kind of discipline.
Imagine you got swallowed by a whale in 2027. I guess while in it's belly you'd have long enough to reflect on your terrible decision making. Anyway master race will be enjoying this in 2025.

JayK47

It is predictable at this point. I do hate double dipping. It just feels stupid when I do it. But playing GTA5 and RDR2 on PC was so damn good compared to the console release.

Mowcno

That’s BS, the reason is because both Sony and MS has paid for some sort of advertising deals and timed exclusives. ( timed exclusives doesn’t just have to content but merchandising and advertising as well).

We will see GTA with Xbox logos on some products while gta with PS logos on others. And I’m sure it’s not just those two but many many other companies.
MS and Sony both paid to keep it off PC? 😂

It makes realize the power of this series. I bought GTA V 4 different times. And I didn't even like it that much (single player)! But I can't deny that there was fun to be had in Online. GTA VI seems like a return to form for me with a gritty feel and depth. I can only imagine what they'll entice me to do if I really get into the world this time.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I waited for gta5, and will have no problem waiting for gta6, but it's pretty scummy if they are indeed penalising pc players simply to make a bunch of loose change they'd probably find by going through the couches at their offices.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Yup. I have 5 on 360, ps4, pc, and ps5.

Every time I’ve got into the first 2-3 missions then drop it. This time on ps5 I just got it a few days ago and I’m like 10 missions in. It has its hooks in me.

To be fair each time I’ve paid $10-$20 for it lol.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
MS and Sony both paid to keep it off PC? 😂

You are clearly are not understanding the big picture. It’s not simply paying to keep it off pc. That’s just a byproduct of the endorsement deals. Both Sony and ms pay big money for the right to advertise gta with other brands. There is a lot of legality with those contracts.

Just think about it .. when is the last time you saw steam on a happy meal or Doritos bag? I’m sure it happens but not in the scale of Sony or ms.

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Of course.

I'm surprised at how many ppl thought it was gonna be on PC day one.

I said this before when some used to try to compare Sony and MS with PC releases.....all 3rd parties dont even do PC day one. Rockstar being the biggest one.

So not only does Sony and MS battle each other for timed exclusives...and somehow Sony gets the upper hand alot of times.... now they collude and battle PC?

Wow.

Them getting marketing deals is not the same as getting timed exclusive deals.

Sushi_Combo

Would be hilarious if Apple locked in an exclusivity deal on their silicon devices before the mustard race can have a go at it.

Moses85

I'll hold my hands up, this is me unfortunately.

I will be buying a PS5 for this game & i'll be buying GTA VI again when it comes to PC.

Rockstar games are the only games ill do it for.

I waited for TLOU on PC, Spiderman etc.

But i wont wait for GTA.
So you only own a PS5 for GTA?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
i think i got gta 5 like 4 times on different platforms but will just wait for PC this time. will be worth the wait i think.
No it’s not and you will get it day one on both platforms and fullpriced

Soodanim

Gold Member
I did double dip with 5, but I hadn't quite realised what was happening. I never finished 5 on PS3 by the time the PC port was announced (finished every GTA before that), and I figured it would be more fun to finish with the upgrade to 60fps.

I didn't anticipate never finishing the game regardless, so it was a wasted effort. For me, that double dip was the last ever dip into GTA. Which is fine, because fuck that useless launcher.

Last edited:

Majormaxxx

I didn't buy it.... Pirated it on ps3.

Then.. Sigh... Bought on ps4, Xbox one and finally series x.

Might get it on Ps5 later.

Kurotri

You ain't gonna get me. I bought GTA 5 once on PC, and I'll do that again with GTA 6. I'm a manly man.

zombrex

It is just common sense for developers to do a delayed PC release.
Can focus on developing for only consoles at launch, no complaints about performance vs PC, get the pre release free advertising buzz for both releases and get the positive buzz of improved PC version as well.

Hudo

Oh come now, that's loser talk. You and I both are going to sit here staring at a wall until GTA6 releases on PC, as there is nothing else in our lives.
While playing OG Vice City and listening to Billie Jean while riding a Faggio.

(I am still kinda pissed that they've set GTA 6 in current times...)

Top Bottom