• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer - Aug 2008

sykoex said:
Wow, apparently EA will be selling a premium version of the RB drums for $299.99. Again, that's JUST drums.

http://www.j0ystiq.com/2008/07/11/ion-reveals-299-99-price-for-premium-rock-band-drums/

I can only imagine how gimped the standard version of the drums will be. This is only making me lean even more toward the Guitar Hero side.
Oh my god. I will buy this.

And it's not being made by EA. It's a licensed peripheral. There's no way the game is going to be designed with it in mind, what on earth makes you think that? It's like assuming somebody would design a platformer with a Logitech controller in mind.

Anyway, I've been really wishing for a way to use my Rock Band drum controller as a virtual drum kit (I'm a drummer, but I can't have a set in my apartment for obvious reasons), but all the solutions so far are horribly laggy. This seems like a really nice medium between the bare-bones nature of the game controller, and the ultra-expensive reality of professional-grade electronic drums.

RAD.

FrankT

Kasumi1970 said:
IS this Wolfenstein a remake of the PS2 and Xbox game or a new game that take place after Return to castle wolfestein?

No remake, this is the follow up to the original. Also what are they calling it? Just Wolfenstein or Wolfenstein:X/2?

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Duck said:
lol

The normal drums aren't gimped at all, the ion drums are for people who want to have an actual electronic drum set that'll work with RB. The extra cymbals are essentially useless in the game.
I'm just wondering because countless people were complaining about about their RB1 drums breaking, so it's highly suspect if they're designing the basic drums specifically to be the "lesser" version.

Edit: Disregard what I said, I just noticed that the special drums are being made by a 3rd party. My mistake.

sykoex said:
I'm just wondering because countless people were complaining about about their RB1 drums breaking, so it's highly suspect if they're designing the basic drums specifically to be the "lesser" version.
Why do you keep saying this? Neither Harmonix nor EA are manufacturing this thing.

Edit: Ah, you edited!

Mr Jared

sykoex said:
I can only imagine how gimped the standard version of the drums will be. This is only making me lean even more toward the Guitar Hero side.

facepalm.png

The regular drum set is fantastic, always has been and has already been greatly improved for Rock Band 2 bundles.

How is having a super high quality set, that can double as the real thing, that has been made with compatibility in mind and is completely optional a negative in your mind?

Ditto on the MUA2 details please....especially what platforms it'll be on this time around. So much potential if they build up from and fix up the first one...

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
ElectricThunder said:
Ditto on the MUA2 details please....especially what platforms it'll be on this time around. So much potential if they build up from and fix up the first one...

I added some more on it, but there's not much. More of the same, fixing the flaws, better UI, combine powers, nothing on new heroes yet.

sphinx

the piano man
I am absolutely amazed at how wii-less is gamepro, as of lately.

Sure most is casual stuff that doesn't address the needs of their readers but men... it can't be that bad, can it? there must be some wii game hardcore gamers would care about, right?

Struct09

sykoex said:
Wow, apparently EA will be selling a premium version of the RB drums for $299.99. Again, that's JUST drums.

http://www.j0ystiq.com/2008/07/11/ion-reveals-299-99-price-for-premium-rock-band-drums/

1. EA has nothing to do with those drums.

2. The standard drums won't be gimped in any way. They will be wireless, have improved quieter pads, have a reinforced pedal, and have an expansion slot for optional cymbals.

EDIT: I see you already responded to someone about this

RTCW was so cool. I was >this< close to building a PC just to be a dedicated RTCW server. :D

I will be getting this day one most likely. My PS3 needs some id love.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Hey, I know this is the game everybody's least concerned about, but what did they say about Ultimate Alliance 2? How does the combining powers thing work, and is the plot based around Civil War?

Frenck

Banned
Blablurn said:
hm, wolfenstein. another game that will not make it to germany -_-

Not in its original shape but we'll probably get something like our version of RtCW.

Nazis = Cult of the Wolf :lol

Revisionist history ftl

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
acevans2 said:
You put Bioshock in the Previews... is there anything said about new stuff for this version?

Uh...lemme see....

Nope. Just includes all the patches and fixes the widescreen issue.

Blablurn

Frenck said:
Not in its original shape but we'll probably get something like our version of RtCW.

Nazis = Cult of the Wolf :lol

Revisionist history ftl

lol, yeah. might be true. oh my god, that would be so horrible XD

Onemic

sykoex said:

So because they're releasing an awesome limited edition drum kit that doubles as an electronic drum kit, it automatically means the standard version will be gimped and it somehow makes the GHWT look better? Gaf never ceases to amaze me.....

EDIT: NVM this post as I've seen your more recent posts.

Sallokin

I'm actually most interested in the Wanted game. Looks like a nice blend of the movie and comic book worlds (more of the movie world though). Curving bullets looks like a pretty nice gameplay gimmick.

Com_Raven

Whoa, dude, whoever has the magazine - give us scans of Wolfenstein and MUA 2, and you will be my personal web god.

Raven ftw!

Top Bottom