• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 & Offseason |OT2| Wenger In Fam! Wenger Out Blud!

Beefy

Pellegrino looks like being our new manager. Weird that he use to play for Liverpool.

--------------

Leyton Orient now owned by the Dunkin Donuts owner

Salah is official. Moreno 11m and Markovic 10m rejected.

Well at least one of the 4 piece puzzle is complete. Just need a solid midfielder, left back and center back now.

Dream is Keita, Koulibaly and Mendy but again, that's just a dream.

Best wishes.

sammex

DC82D8xXUAAGBbZ.jpg

"Officially, the transfer fee is undisclosed. Roma claimed they had struck a £39million deal – with Liverpool paying £35million with a further £4million to follow in add-ons.

However, Anfield sources insist they are actually paying around 35million Euros (£30.8million) up front, potentially rising to 39million Euros (£34.3million)."

source

I think he'll improve us just like Mané did last year. He's more than just speed, he's got a good touch and creates quite a few chances too.

"Officially, the transfer fee is undisclosed. Roma claimed they had struck a £39million deal – with Liverpool paying £35million with a further £4million to follow in add-ons.

However, Anfield sources insist they are actually paying around 35million Euros (£30.8million) up front, potentially rising to 39million Euros (£34.3million)."

source

I think he'll improve us just like Mané did last year. He's more than just speed, he's got a good touch and creates quite a few chances too.

Not a bad signing for liverpool, he looked so nervous at chelsea but the quality is clearly there if given a decent chance.
Chelsea will also get about 4-5 million from the sale.

sammex

If it's true Chelsea have bid (hmm Sky Italia), I wonder what would happen if LFC then put in a cheeky little offer too. If you're willing to pay £60m, what's an extra £5-10m?

Beefy

If it's true Chelsea have bid (hmm Sky Italia), I wonder what would happen if LFC then put in a cheeky little offer too. If you're willing to pay £60m, what's an extra £5-10m?

Di Marzio is saying the same, DiMarzio is usually spot on. I think Liverpool fans needs to accept Southampton are not very likely to sell him to Liverpool.

CrayToes

Di Marzio is saying the same, DiMarzio is usually spot on. I think Liverpool fans needs to accept Southampton are not very likely to sell him to Liverpool.

I feel like if Liverpool and VVD both want it to happen, it'll happen. I personally don't think it will though.

I think they'll sell him to the highest bidder. Guess we'll have to wait and see who that is.

Sometimes it's more important to not mug your own fans off. Reckon it more depends on how much hassle Van Djik is willing to cause to make sure he goes to us specifically, but I can't see him being too unhappy to go to Chelsea really.

DBT85

I just want City to get him so that they can attain the record for most expensive defence compared to the rest of the league combined. lol.

Beefy

I think they'll sell him to the highest bidder. Guess we'll have to wait and see who that is.

Losing out on £5m etc to not piss your fans off isn't much.

I feel like if Liverpool and VVD both want it to happen, it'll happen. I personally don't think it will though.

The tapping up investigation hasn't been stopped yet.

----------------

Liverpool fans, have a word with your ex players

Southampton wrong to complain about Liverpool's approach for Virgil van Dijk - Steve Nicol
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...ws-Southampton-Virgil-van-Dijk-gossip-rumours

Syder

"Arsenal in contact with Lacazette"

Pretty sure we've seen this headline every transfer window for the last 3 or 4 years 🤔

casiopao

After 60 mil for Sandro being offered to juve and failed, now we have a new bid 70 mil..... Chelsea seems damn desperate to please Conte huh. Not to mention also offer for our Bon bon for 60 mil too.

For how much he complained about Juventus transfer, he literally is keep eyeing on almost all Juventus player lol.

Juve would probably sold on 100 mil deal again so prepare ur wallet Chelsea.^_^

Anyone watching the Euro U-21 Cup? Italy v Germany at 2:45 EST

It just kicked off. Italy scored and then some shoving started to get to the ball. Some grabbing in the aftermath Do Italy need a certain goal tally in their group?

Great technique for the goal. Good press and excellent finish.

It just kicked off. Italy scored and then some shoving started to get to the ball. Some grabbing in the aftermath Do Italy need a certain goal tally in their group?

Great technique for the goal. Good press and excellent finish.

The way things are, Italy goes to the semis against Spain. And the other semi is Germany v England

Top Bottom