• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT - Noctis Revealed

Golnei

I mean... Squall was a teenager in FFVIII...

They might be talking about the slight change in facial proportions.

squartz1slz.png

Still, I don't think they should have been expected to be 1:1 with CGI from 1999; and the Dissidia model is a perfectly fine updated rendition of the design.

Wazzy

Banned
^ it's not just the facial design though it is a huge difference.
I mean... Squall was a teenager in FFVIII...
Yeah but Squall was 17 and trained at a military school. It's perfectly reasonable that he would be buff.

Not only that but it's also his awful clothing changes in dissidia I dislike. The extra hideous belts when he just had two originally crossing over each other, the pants suddenly becoming tight when they were baggy, the V neck design and useless feather belt cape they added in. They were supposed to use his Amano design yet blurred it together with his VIII and it just looks messy.

Don't they do at least one villain from each game too?

Has a FFT villain showed up yet?

Or XI for the matter...

Wonder if they'll add you know who from 15.

Golnei

Also, they haven't shown any of the XV remixes yet, have they? Chris Ito massacring Somnus is all but guaranteed.

StoneFox

I'm glad they fixed the UI somewhat, though honestly the only way they could have made it worse was to put a giant HP bar over 80% of the screen as the entire UI.

Noctis looks fun to play :)

Meliora

^ it's not just the facial design though it is a huge difference.

Yeah but Squall was 17 and trained at a military school. It's perfectly reasonable that he would be buff.

Not only that but it's also his awful clothing changes in dissidia I dislike. The extra hideous belts when he just had two originally crossing over each other, the pants suddenly becoming tight when they were baggy, the V neck design and useless feather belt cape they added in. They were supposed to use his Amano design yet blurred it together with his VIII and it just looks messy.

All of this! Really dislike Squall's Dissidia design and I hate that it seems to be the standard now in other games aswell. Gonna be SeeD uniform all day every day for me.

Beth Cyra

Noctis is cool, but I really hope this implies that advent Cloud will be he main Cloud in the story mode, love that design so much.

Loona

Why is everybody downright flying in this game?

The combat system has to account for a cast variety that goes from "guy that hits thing with sword" to "near-omnipotent demi-god" - part of the compromise is that everyone dashes to the point it's pretty much flight.

And hell nah. Y'shtola is bottom of the scions barrel next to Minfilia. Will never understand how people can enjoy her. If it was any scion it shouldve been Yda or Thancred, because at least they're fun. Y'shtola is just dry and boring

I like Y'shtola, and from what I've experienced of XIV's story, she's at least a consistent presence in the story even after you're done with the nation-specific parts - that's more than what can be said about Shantotto...

For what it's worth, IIRC both Yda and Thancred are in Dissidia Opera Omnia, so I guess they're part of the shortlist of potential candidates for the future.

Don't they do at least one villain from each game too?

Has a FFT villain showed up yet?

Or XI for the matter...

Wonder if they'll add you know who from 15.

Even in Dissidia Duodecim XI had two characters that were counted as heros, Shantotto and Prishe - but frankly, Shantotto can go either way. Tactics has only Ramza so far, and can count itself lucky for being featured, considered it's not one of the mainline games.

IIRC, NT stands for New Tale.

Speaking of story, the story in the trailer sounds a lot like the endgame of the Rhapsodies of Vana'diel story in XI - only conflict can keep the threat of the Void at bay, only in this iteration of Dissidia that involves kidnapping people to do the fighting, instead of relying on hypothetical natives.

bchan555

Why is Cloud in his Advent Children outfit when everybody else is in a outfit that is almost identical to the games they came from?

Squall's outfit has changed from his original FF8 costume. Lightning is wearing her latest canon costume. Makes sense Cloud would wear his most up to date canon outfit.

The reason some other chars have clothing that hasn't changed much is because it was deemed it wasn't in need of an update / canon outfit hasn't changed since original release.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Why is Cloud in his Advent Children outfit when everybody else is in a outfit that is almost identical to the games they came from?

Well, most of them aren't actually lol.

Warrior of Light, Firion, Cecil, Bartz, and Terra are all wearing Amano outfits that they don't use in their games. Well, Firion does in the remakes I guess.

Cloud is in his Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus outfit.

Squall and Tidus are wearing modified versions of their game outfits.

Lightning is in her Lightning Returns outfit.

Y'shtola is in her Heavensward outfit, not her original.

Really, just Onion Knight, Zidane, Shantotto, Vaan, and Noctis are wearing their OG game outfits as far as mainline heroes go.

All of this! Really dislike Squall's Dissidia design and I hate that it seems to be the standard now in other games aswell. Gonna be SeeD uniform all day every day for me.

My dude. *fistbump*

Dissidia outfit is straight trash. Unnecessary addons, worse necklace, crappy shirt. Original FFVIII outfit was perfectly fine and I don't know why they're pushing the POS Dissidia one as the standard nowadays. Even the Squall outfit in FFXIV as reward for longtime players is the Dissidia version, ugh.

At least do the KH Squall outfit with his normal hair if they're not gonna do the original VIII design, I was fine with that one.

Still super damn happy with Nomura's rendition of Terra though, she's perfect.

DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY NT: LIVE FIGHTS is a series of livestreams to provide an in-depth look on gameplay mechanics and show high level gameplay from players around the world - prior to Dissidia Final Fantasy NT launching on 1.30.2018.
For more Information: live.dissidiafinalfantasynt.com

Tune in Saturday, 9.23.2017 @ 8PM PDT for the first ever LIVE FIGHT hosted at SoCal Regionals!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvbiakimL40

http://live.dissidiafinalfantasynt....utm_campaign=livefights_hype&utm_content=info

brought to you by CUP NOODLES

cupnoodles-ffxv-770x300_c.jpg

Cecil, Cloud, and Noctis for me.

IV began the stage of actual characterization and story (in my opinion) to the series, plus a graphics change; VII brought the series to 3D and was influencal in so many things for years to come; and XV (whether you like it or not) brought the series through a new change again with the closest that we've gotten to CGI and a drastic battle change (even more than XII).

Plus Noctis is a total dork and I love him for that.

Top Bottom