• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dissidia Final Fantasy NT - Noctis Revealed

There is the suit DLC costume

DKEtoL4UEAAiLM1.jpg

that's a shame, i was hoping for a old noctis skin

Razmos

Now we need a summon vs summon mode

The UI looks better, and Noctis looks fun. This game will really give his abilities chance to shine, which the somewhat clunky FF15 didn't get chance to do

Emitan

Glad they made the atrocious UI better. I loved the beta but the UI was too much noise to tell whats going on.

Caim

that's a shame, i was hoping for a old noctis skin

If that costume is DLC there should be another skin then.

You get 2 recolors and an alt costume through leveling up the character.

There are also 2 weapon alts that show up when you level can be purchased with Gil earned in matches.

notaskwid

I guess this is end game Noctis
if you return back on time
Seeing that everyone else is their postgame version.

Arkeband

Banned
Personally I think the new UI looks worse but I'm sure I am the minority there.

Both the old and new one are busy and present the same amount of info. I guess I just liked the visual flair and frames that made the old one look like one consistent HUD. New one is basically just smaller and thinner elements floating in the same positions. /shrug

The problem wasn't necessarily the amount of information, because that's core gameplay mechanics, but the amount of screen real estate it takes up, so yes, thinner and smaller elements give a much larger visible play area.

They look like they could probably be pulled even further to the left/right to touch the edge of the screen. Reminds me of how OCD I get modifying my FFXIV UI.

Personally I think the new UI looks worse but I'm sure I am the minority there.

Both the old and new one are busy and present the same amount of info. I guess I just liked the visual flair and frames that made the old one look like one consistent HUD. New one is basically just smaller and thinner elements floating in the same positions. /shrug

HUD is better in a sense that there's less useless borders and stuff that only obstruct the view without adding any useful information. That doesn't mean it's good, it's still cluttered, just now it's clutter only with things you absolutely need, and superfluous stuff have been removed.

Berordn

HUD is better in a sense that there's less useless borders and stuff that only obstruct the view without adding any useful information. That doesn't mean it's good, it's still cluttered, just now it's clutter only with things you absolutely need, and superfluous stuff have been removed.

Stuff is shrunk down to better fit too. The summon bar is much smaller but still clean and readable as is the map. That alone is a massive improvement, removing the obstructive border is just icing on top.

There's probably no way to make a perfect UI for the game, given how much information they have to have available at all times, but this is a clear step in the right direction.

Noctis looks so out of place next to everyone else. I don't think he's a bad design, his aesthetic is just completely different. Cloud is closest, but even he has some fantasy flair. And I'll never not be mad about Y'shtola being XIV's rep. Should've been Hildibrand, or alternatively Aymeric or Haurchefant for story/fanbase reasons. None of the scions are interesting enough to be fighting game, and story wise they're not interesting either.

Will probably get though if it ends up good. Is there a 1v1 mode or is it always 3v3? Seems a bit chaotic for my tastes

Got me so hype, best protagonist

Yup. The King is back.

Noctis looks so out of place next to everyone else. I don't think he's a bad design, his aesthetic is just completely different. Cloud is closest, but even he has some fantasy flair. And I'll never not be mad about Y'shtola being XIV's rep. Should've been Hildibrand, or alternatively Aymeric or Haurchefant for story/fanbase reasons. None of the scions are interesting enough to be fighting game, and story wise they're not interesting either.

Will probably get though if it ends up good. Is there a 1v1 mode or is it always 3v3? Seems a bit chaotic for my tastes

Does the hair not do it for you? :p

I honestly would've been upset if it was anyone else other than Y'shtola as she is the only interesting character in the game.

mas8705

The UI is a step in the right direction. Still have things to work on, but at least it looks (slightly) better.

As for Noct, can't say I'm shocked at all to see him added in after all this time. It will be an easy transition from how he was in FFXV to how he will be in Dissidia.

Yup. The King is back.

Does the hair not do it for you? :p

I honestly would've been upset if it was anyone else other than Y'shtola as she is the only interesting character in the game.
Nah I like Sasuke/Haseo duckbutt hair. It's more the clothing design, and how comparatively normal he looks.

And hell nah. Y'shtola is bottom of the scions barrel next to Minfilia. Will never understand how people can enjoy her. If it was any scion it shouldve been Yda or Thancred, because at least they're fun. Y'shtola is just dry and boring

cordy

Banned
Noctis really rose up. He was one a character we never thought we'd actually play but once the game released, the sales blew up and the reception he's here to stay. He's weathered the storm.

Noctis is here! Oh man I can't wait to play as him! I hope you can choose your party of three somehow.

I also really hope we get
Punished
Noctis as a skin too.

If Cloud and Lightning get their older costumes then Cecil better darn well get his AF daddy Cecil costume.

Awww yeah Noct! He looks so great.

I'm stupidly excited to see him among all the other FF leads. Makes it seem more official that he's one of them.

I really wish it was Cloud and Noctis standing back to back here.

While I would've liked that too, I understand what they are doing in the image. They are lining everyone up in order counterclockwise.

This image also reminds me how Squall, Cloud, and Noctis stand out among the crowd.

Nah I like Sasuke/Haseo duckbutt hair. It's more the clothing design, and how comparatively normal he looks.

And hell nah. Y'shtola is bottom of the scions barrel next to Minfilia. Will never understand how people can enjoy her. If it was any scion it shouldve been Yda or Thancred, because at least they're fun. Y'shtola is just dry and boring

I am sure if he was holding a weapon it would've had a different effect, but alas, Noctis doesn't need to carry around his weapons like a scrub. :p

We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I like Y'shtola compared to every other character in XIV.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
UI comparison from Arcade to NT
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKFmTTwVwAAgN_k.jpg:large[IMG]
[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DKFmy_WU8AAWGtX.jpg:large[IMG][/QUOTE]
YES!!! The UI sooooooooo much better now.

[spoiler]Now if only they add 2B and I will be happy ;P[/spoiler]

Top Bottom