• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackflag

It'll be an hour before I'm finished with this dungeon so don't worry about it, thanks though. Plus I need a resolve team for the rainbow dungeon. If I ran into a light keeper right before rainbow like I just have, I'd be fucked without orochi. I need Hades on my team. :(

I'm thinking a team of monsters whose special skills are all large attacks (fully evolved 'lil dragons, mech dragons etc.) would make the dungeon quicker, as currently my Meteor Volcano Dragon is the only one taking a noticeable chunk out of keeper's life with his skill.

Yeah I always throw my hades in when I can for those long fights. I need to upgrade him for dat 30%.

raiot

150 stamina later and still no Sucubus, must have run this like over 60 times in the last week ....

You can sync them over two devices on android, not offically but it works none the less, not sure how you would do it on iphone.

I could "sync" it, but to do this, i have to copy my savegame from one device to the other but this is not really practical :/

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
All I want is ONE freaking dragon plant to evolve my ivory dragon and you won't give it to me? ARRRGGGHHHHHH

Yeah I always throw my hades in when I can for those long fights. I need to upgrade him for dat 30%.

So jealous, one of the few things left that I really want. :(

Edit: DIVINEGON, hell yeah finally. Now for an all nuker rainbow run

Jinko

I could "sync" it, but to do this, i have to copy my savegame from one device to the other but this is not really practical :/

Yes but you only have to do it once, as when you log in it will update the save files based on what the server specifies.

For example I can go to work and farm monsters on my launch break on my phone and when i get home when I log onto my tablet they will be on my tablet.

The only problem is that the XP amounts go all screwy or at least they have for me.

KuroNeeko

/sigh, been farming it all week and nothing dropping for me.

FU guys and your good luck :(

Feels like I'm totally wasting my time on this game at the moment.

JP are getting Valkyrie Dungeon also.

http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/130124_megami.html

Hell with Succubus and Flame Dragon, I'm running this!!

Managed to get the Fire Starter last night in Flame Dragon, still no boss drop. Ultra defensive team set-up but I still had to continue due to a careless move. :/

Jinko

Managed to get the Fire Starter last night in Flame Dragon, still no boss drop. Ultra defensive team set-up but I still had to continue due to a careless move. :/

Heh its masks tomorrow so need that damn poison :(

Otherwise its another week with no rainbow masks.

I'm having a hard time keeping up with gold cost of combining... what am I doing wrong?

Are you fusing your feed mobs onto carbuncles (or other feed mobs) first, and then feeding your main guys 5 slightly levelled up guys instead of 5 guys straight out of the dungeon?

usually I can feed a carbuncle enough to get her to about Lv. 15, and then I feed 5 of those Lv. 15 carbuncles to the guy I'm trying to level. This is orders of magnitude more cost efficient than feeding random guys from the dungeon to your monsters whenever you get them

Yes, when I have carbuncles to do so - what are some other feed mobs good for this?

Anything really, carbuncles are often just used because they are plentiful.

Also, on weekends you can run the weekend dungeon and get hundreds of thousands of gold without too much difficulty

Hope you like spending $100 in stones, cause the Valk dungeon is on par with Zeus in terms difficulty (aka Super Hell)

xCobalt

Hmmm...this just occurred to me but I wonder if they will ever release some sort of feature where you team up and try to take down a boss. Similar to what was done in Infinity Blade 2. That'd be pretty fun I think.

blackflag

When will it be my turn for mechadragon? Actually I don't even care. I get more than half a rank and can do it 2x so I never run out of stamina at least for now.

But I better get them eventually.

xCobalt

When will it be my turn for mechadragon? Actually I don't even care. I get more than half a rank and can do it 2x so I never run out of stamina at least for now.

But I better get them eventually.

If you're doing ice, you could put your stamina to better use and do something more productive in the meantime such as farming keepers, metal dragons, ect. On saturday or sunday, the drop rate should double like it does every weekend.

ParityBit

I completed my first tri-color keeper. Thanks to Odin. I got 2 light keepers and a keeper of water. Now I need to try and run the red to see if I can get a keeper of flame for my other dragon (and maybe a dark keeper if lucky)

blackflag

If you're doing ice, you could put your stamina to better use and do something more productive in the meantime such as farming keepers, metal dragons, ect. On saturday or sunday, the drop rate should double like it does every weekend.

Yeah true, I don't need any Keepers or ruby dragons but I'm gonna hit the plants hard and I need a white divine mask.

xelios

~20 minute Rainbow Keeper (Master) team:

captureirsbf.png

So the theory turned out to be correct. Two keeper encounters in rounds 4 and 5. You need Amaterasu Ohkami/Siren/Alraune & Green Odin leaders, and a team of monsters all with charged attack skills. Once you get to the keepers, forget about planning matches and combos; the goal is to make matches with any orbs as quickly as possible to build up skills and heal yourself.

Because of Green Odin and the long interval between the keepers' attacks, you're never in any danger of dying--Alraune or Siren are just as effective if you're smart about the first three rounds.

My team has a relatively high cost (113) so not everyone will be able to do it as quickly, but as you can see most of the monsters I used are not even leveled. They can be switched out with lower cost/lower evolved forms of 'lil dragons or anything with charged attack skills. You may not breeze by in 20 minutes, but it sure won't take an hour+ anymore.

Emphasis on this being one place to forget planning and orb chaining once you get to the bosses; it does jack shit. So besides the obvious competent healer, you're looking for anything similar to the following to go on your team.

Monster - Skill:

• Green Odin - 20x light attribute attack (required leader)
  • Graviton Earth Dragon - Enormous wood attack
  • Ice Mechdragon - Critical water attack
  • Meteor Volcano Dragon - Enormous fire attack
  • Divinegon - Light attack of 10x your attack

capturea1u4z.png

Any reason why you couldn't just use an ogre if you don't have access to an Odin?

~20 minute Rainbow Keeper (Master) team:

captureirsbf.png

So the theory turned out to be correct. Two keeper encounters in rounds 4 and 5. You need Amaterasu Ohkami/Siren/Alraune & Green Odin leaders, and a team of monsters all with charged attack skills. Once you get to the keepers, forget about planning matches and combos; the goal is to make matches with any orbs as quickly as possible to build up skills and heal yourself.

Because of Green Odin and the long interval between the keepers' attacks, you're never in any danger of dying--Alraune or Siren are just as effective if you're smart about the first three rounds.

My team has a relatively high cost (113) so not everyone will be able to do it as quickly, but as you can see most of the monsters I used are not even leveled. They can be switched out with lower cost/lower evolved forms of 'lil dragons or anything with charged attack skills. You may not breeze by in 20 minutes, but it sure won't take an hour+ anymore.

Emphasis on this being one place to forget planning and orb chaining once you get to the bosses; it does jack shit. So besides the obvious competent healer, you're looking for anything similar to the following to go on your team.

Monster - Skill:

• Green Odin - 20x light attribute attack (required leader)
  • Graviton Earth Dragon - Enormous wood attack
  • Ice Mechdragon - Critical water attack
  • Meteor Volcano Dragon - Enormous fire attack
  • Divinegon - Light attack of 10x your attack

capturea1u4z.png

xCobalt

That was my strategy the very first time I ran the dungeon. I thought it was the common strategy as well. I ran Odin and a healer with the 4 resist dragons.

xelios

Any reason why you couldn't just use an ogre if you don't have access to an Odin?

Green Odin's skill does the most damage to the Rainbow Keeper

It could be pulled off of course, but with the loss of the most devastating attack it would take significantly longer and the goal here was speed.

That was my strategy the very first time I ran the dungeon. I thought it was the common strategy as well. I ran Odin and a healer with the 4 resist dragons.

You're smart then!

And apparently not, as most of the people in this thread have been complaining about how long it takes to run the Rainbow dungeon.

Green Odin's skill does the most damage to the Rainbow Keeper

It could be pulled off of course, but with the loss of the most devastating attack it would take significantly longer and the goal here was speed.

Guess I'll need to level up / evolve my Siren then, since I don't have an Ama :(

God fucking damnit I'm not even at the rainbow keeper yet but this Strong Light Keeper has so much HP and does at least my max HP every attack. Good thing I have Orochi.

Mashing

Got 2 king rubies, should I level my 5* starter dragon or 5* Ifrit (identical skills/leader ability), but not sure which is better in the long run.

KuroNeeko

Hope you like spending $100 in stones, cause the Valk dungeon is on par with Zeus in terms difficulty (aka Super Hell)

Yeah, I figured as much. Most of the 降臨 dungeons are super hell difficulty. Guess that takes me out of the running. Just really want a Valk for my light team. :/

Picked up my second red starter dragon in Flame Dragon Expert(I think? It's the second difficulty from the bottom. 上級) It's a long battle though, and mentally taxing because of the high risk of death if I make a mistake. At the point know where it's hard to decide where to use stamina - run Specials (e.g. Flame Dragon) for powerful, rare drops; run metal dragon missions for leveling mats; run 1.5x drop dungeons for succubii or cherubs; run technical dungeons to open them up (still only have up to the water dungeon unlocked; or run dailies.
I feel like I need to make a schedule or something but at that point, it'll probably stop being a game and more like work. :/

AbsolutGAF! Our two ice mechs as leaders wreck the red keeper without a healer, lol. He went down with our blizzard canons alone.

Of course I do the same thing with ADK + ADK in the blue keeper dungeon, but I'm not used to using anything else, so it feels cool that I'm finally building viable teams outside of wood and dark. =p My fire and water are coming along nicely. Light I have some nice monsters but need a LOT of work/experience.

:D Glad to be helpful! I'll try to remember to leave him as my leader more often when I'm out of stamina.

KuroNeeko

how do you get a lil red dragon outside of the rare egg machine? i have black, white, and blue. could really use a red though

Special dungeons? I got my lil' red from the Flame Dragon dungeon on normal difficulty. I got a second lil' white from the Light Dragon dungeon last week.

Special dungeons? I got my lil' red from the Flame Dragon dungeon on normal difficulty. I got a second lil' white from the Light Dragon dungeon last week.

Mechdragon or Skydragon?

Aggrotek said:
I got an Echidna today. I think this is a good pull but not sure.
Situational, but in the right situation she is extremely useful. Definitely level her up

KuroNeeko

Mechdragon or Skydragon?

Situational, but in the right situation she is extremely useful. Definitely level her up

Sky Dragon.

She really shines in some situations. Her leader skill isn't as useful, but her 3-turn delay is good - especially when you're just entering a new level on a dungeon. She, and a friend's Archangel, were instrumental in me taking down the boss on Flame Dragon of the Sky (Expert?)

Aggrotek

Mechdragon or Skydragon?

I think I need some team suggestions again, I'm getting my ass kicked in these dungeons. I'll post my box in a few minutes.

WpgsF3B.png

There it is. I am on the Twin Temple Apollo dungeon.

I think I need some team suggestions again, I'm getting my ass kicked in these dungeons. I'll post my box in a few minutes.

WpgsF3B.png

I'm amazed how people can live with only 30 boxes. I have now 145, because I don't like to throw away any evo material.

I think that you shouldn't spend stamina trying to do Mechdragon or Skydragon. With that rank and those underleveled creatures you should replay all the dungeons of your current tier.

1.- You'll get plenty of eggs to feed your creatures (and they really need them, are very low level & low evolutioned).

2.- The ratio xp/stamina of those dungeons will allow you to level a few ranks. With each level up you will replenish your stamina and you'll be able to do a lot of dungeons.

3.- You might get a healer replaying the second dungeon of the water-wood-holy of that tier.

Also, you should spend ALL the weekend doing exclusively the weekend dungeon, to get money.

massoluk

Banned
My monster box, I feel, is all over the place :p
PgWCLrF.jpg

I'm not even sure what I'm trying to go for here, I basically tried to have all elements present in my team. Having 2 elemental beast rider help with the goal. At Satan's castle right now.

Aggrotek

I'm amazed how people can live with only 30 boxes. I have now 145, because I don't like to throw away any evo material.

I think that you shouldn't spend stamina trying to do Mechdragon or Skydragon. With that rank and those underleveled creatures you should replay all the dungeons of your current tier.

1.- You'll get plenty of eggs to feed your creatures (and they really need them, are very low level & low evolutioned).

2.- The ratio xp/stamina of those dungeons will allow you to level a few ranks. With each level up you will replenish your stamina and you'll be able to do a lot of dungeons.

3.- You might get a healer replaying the second dungeon of the water-wood-holy of that tier.

Also, you should spend ALL the weekend doing exclusively the weekend dungeon, to get money.

Yea I'm not messing with a lot of the special dungeons. I played the Metal Dragons the other day, and have been hoping to see Ruby but other than that I've just been trying to level my creatures. I guess I should go back and focus on maxing these guys before trying to go further.

KuroNeeko

WpgsF3B.png

Wow, congratulations on making it so far with only 30 Monster Boxes. I'd have gone crazy.

You have some good units, but not a lot of synergy. Things that stand out, you have some decent boosters, but not enough units to use them with, probably because you've had to trim units with. If I had your units to work with, I'd probably go dual-color red /green or straight red.

If I had your units in their current state, I'd probably go

Red:
Leader: Echidna
Agdoraru (your level 18 dragon)
Dino Rider
Goblin Warrior (Get one, they're easy to farm!)
(open slot)

Your open slot can either be an ogre for more hit points, ruby carbuncle for healing, your pyrodemon / lil' red for more attack, or a red knight for armor break.

Once you've evolved your Agodraru into a Flairdrall?, you'll be set for some crazy orb-changing shenanigans.

I'd probably go

Red / Green

Leader: Echidna (or Dino Rider if you go demon-heavy or Flair for anti-red / green)
Dino Rider
Flair
Green Mystic Knight
(Utility)

Your helpers should probably be red-boosters or healers.

Just my take.

Upgrade your box!

xelios

It's a good pull, she's great to have around in several situations.

I was dishing on Ra for being the worst Egyptian God a few days ago because of how difficult his leader skill is to activate, but after seeing this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLU8wGHm7so

I might have to change my opinion on him.

I can't stop staring at his stamina, gold & stones...

KuroNeeko

I was dishing on Ra for being the worst Egyptian God a few days ago because of how difficult his leader skill is to activate, but after seeing this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLU8wGHm7so

I might have to change my opinion on him.

EDIT: Aggrotek, as far as long term plans go, I'd try to evolve your Mystic Stone Knight to 5* as quickly as possible.

Yeah, I think Isis is also viable and a bit more realistic but RA is a definite powerhouse. It helps that he got buffed this month from 5x to 6x so dual RAs are giving you 12x damage. :/ Damn!

Wait, you're supposed to have more than 30 box before reaching Satan castle? :p

Not "supposed" to, but personally I'm at the point where I'm more likely to spend 5 stones on 25 box slots than on a random rare slot drop. I currently have 155 boxes.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't get Ra's ability. I thought it was 5x combo mega damage, but he does a 5x combo in round 1 and it doesn't trigger the ability.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
It's a good pull, she's great to have around in several situations.

I can't stop staring at his stamina, gold & stones...

Whoa... that's like a couple hundred dollars right there... probably a couple thousand, given he must've spent a lot of them, too.

I don't get Ra's ability. I thought it was 5x combo mega damage, but he does a 5x combo in round 1 and it doesn't trigger the ability.

You also need to have a monster on your team who can do damage of that color, which makes it really difficult to build a team around him and is why he's not rated that highly among Gods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom