• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a Ice MechDragon Aldebaran this morning. only took about 10 run throughs for me. Now back to the fire mechdragon dungeon. Hopefully with this thing, it will die quicker

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yes. I don't know why I decided to take the team I did for experimentation purposes but I did. I just closed it out because I don't have the patience. Gonna restart the app so you should see me soon.

I'm a little worried about the time investment, especially considering there's not a for sure drop at the end. But a lot of teams use 2x Rainbow keepers on them, AND they're needed for evos. I may try and get one or two today just to keep them in stock for later.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I just noticed Ifrit has 6* dual element busty evolutions, I'm assuming these are in the US version?

Jinko

Not sure that's the case for leveling up dark creatures. Getting plants, pengdras and colored metals take a bunch a stamina.

I'm using pengdra's for both light and dark also, sure it takes a fair bit of stamina, but you can run metal dunegons 10 times and get no kings if you are super unlucky and gold dragons are only once a month.

I just noticed Ifrit has 6* dual element busty evolutions, I'm assuming these are in the US version?

Yea I think so.

Only if your device is rooted.

The files are in Data/Data/jp.gungho.padEN

Hey Jinko, I'm having a hard time locating that file and folder. Am I supposed to use a file manager on the phone or hook it up to my PC and browse that way? If I need a file manager, which would be the one to grab? Thanks again.

Jinko

Hey Jinko, I'm having a hard time locating that file and folder. Am I supposed to use a file manager on the phone or hook it up to my PC and browse that way? If I need a file manager, which would be the one to grab? Thanks again.

I used Shady File Manager, it requires superuser installed also I believe.

You can use a PC program called Android Commander also, that requires Superuser and Busybox installed on your phone.

Uthred

Assuming youre rooted I suggest grabbing ES File Explorer, when you have it installed run it and got to Settings->Root Settings and make sure Root Explorer and Up To Root are turned on. Then navigate to Data/Data/jp.gungho.padEN (sometimes you'll need to refresh a directory to get the files to show). There you can backup either your entire "files" directory or data048.bin (Personally what I did was create a backup folder on my sd card and every few days I copy the entire files directory to that, I also run my backup account by simply renaming the files folder (switching from ADK files->files and AM Files-> files)

ccbfan

I'm using pengdra's for both light and dark also, sure it takes a fair bit of stamina, but you can run metal dunegons 10 times and get no kings if you are super unlucky and gold dragons are only once a month.

That was me a few days ago. 21 runs: 0 king, 2 high.

Then on Saturday I got 4 kings in 6 runs. Then yesterday I got 6 kings 7 runs.

One run I go 2 kings, 2 high.

So now I'm a healthy 34 runs: 10 king, (8-12) high

but boy was a pissed just a few days ago.

Assuming youre rooted I suggest grabbing ES File Explorer, when you have it installed run it and got to Settings->Root Settings and make sure Root Explorer and Up To Root are turned on. Then navigate to Data/Data/jp.gungho.padEN (sometimes you'll need to refresh a directory to get the files to show). There you can backup either your entire "files" directory or data048.bin (Personally what I did was create a backup folder on my sd card and every few days I copy the entire files directory to that, I also run my backup account by simply renaming the files folder (switching from ADK files->files and AM Files-> files)

This is what I plan on doing. Certainly don't want to plough in hours and then find out my game is corrupted.

raiot

Oh where is the mermaid... just drop! this is my 15th run of the dungeon and only blue starter drops... this is insane :(

Jinko

This is what I plan on doing. Certainly don't want to plough in hours and then find out my game is corrupted.

According to the facebook page if you have bought magic stones at least once they can restore your account, they need your ID for this obviously so prob best to write that down or add it to the GAF ID list.

Owzers

NONE of my healer friends are on. The FUCK? I can't run any of the hard stuff without a healer, haha. I need to delete some of my friends who don't have a healer and load up on healers to replace them.

let's be friends!

388 439 290

lvl 40ish Alarune green girl on since i'm going to the ice mech soon.

Owzers

Mind if I add you as well? I could use an Alarune friend. My leaders are typically either lvl 46 Lilith or lvl 26 Vampire Lord.

sure, i'll try to add some room

I got hosed on my ice mech run XO no mini boss egg, no mermaid egg, no ice mech egg. Just 4 fighters and an ogre Xo

xCobalt

First attempt at master ice mech dragon and did pretty well. Third run overall and I didn't have to really bother farming for the dragon.

2Q8Ihck.jpg

ToxicAdam

Congrats Cobolt.

The only downside to getting the Ice/Fire Mech dragons is that you need to have about 100-110 team cost to run with them effectively. I'm at 81 and there is no way I can fit him in yet.

Strong Light Keeper. I've only got him to 25%. I have to play in short bursts because fuck this guy.

It would be nice to have a Hades in your party when you run those dungeons. probably shave 15-20 minutes off the battle.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I think I need to do this. Can't keep relying on friend list healers.

Yup - if I ever make it through this Rainbow Keeper fight, I'm going to farm me another Siren or two. I'd like to have two so I can max skill them and take on Hera next time she comes around. :)

cackhyena

So now I have a maxed out vampire but four of the five evo slots are question marks. Am I right in assuming it's because I just haven't come across the type of monsters required yet?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
That was probably the worst luck I've had in a dragon dungeon yet..

Still managed to evolve my Meteor Volcano Dragon and max Shiva's level out to evolve him when I get another mystic mask. Salamander is ready to become Ifrit but I need a dragon plant. -_-

Radav

Speaking of masks, I have yet to have a Divine Mask drop in the technical dungeons. I've probably run across 20+ of them.

Yeah I'm in need of a Divine Green Mask so I can evolve my Dragon Knight to an ADK. I spent 2 days running tech dungeons of the green variety trying to get this thing and had ZERO luck. Oddly enough I did get 2 mythlit drops though. Really hoping I get lucky tomorrow.

Kosh

I stopped playing this because I realized that someday I'm going to need to get a new phone and I don't want to lose everything.

If you're using an iPhone you can back up your data with iFunbox. If it's Android, I'm sure there's a way and maybe an Android user could help you out.

xCobalt

5th light Keeper when I need a black one!:)

Cobalt, what was your Team?

2 Crystal Aurora Dragon (final evolution of lil blue dragon) as leaders, Rainbow Keeper, Ancient Dragon Knight, Earth Dragon and Alraune. I was a little cautious since my earth dragon hasn't evolved yet but it worked out in the end. Debated between Alraune and my Siren since my Siren's skill isn't maxed out yet nor has it evolved.

I got rather lucky I think, the mech dragon never used the repair ability and only used its charging attack.

raiot

2 Crystal Aurora Dragon (final evolution of lil blue dragon) as leaders, Rainbow Keeper, Ancient Dragon Knight, Earth Dragon and Alraune. I was a little cautious since my earth dragon hasn't evolved yet but it worked out in the end. Debated between Alraune and my Siren since my Siren's skill isn't maxed out yet nor has it evolved.

I got rather lucky I think, the mech dragon never used the repair ability and only used its charging attack.

Thx, so you really need double resist dragons.. meh! :(

xCobalt

Thx, so you really need double resist dragons.. meh! :(

Yeah definitely. You have a few to choose from in regards to ice resist but it seems the lil blue dragon is the most common. When the boss does the charging attack, the base damage is about 38000.

Mashing

Finally ...

12 tries in the Flame Mech expert Dungeon. 4 tries in the Ice Mech expert Dungeon.

First time I didn't have a mid-boss drop either. Maybe that's a secret.

/// --- ///

Also, wouldn't a resolve team with Chimeras and a Marine Rider (x2.5 for all attack pets) kick some ass?

I just used this guy in the ruby dragon dungeon for LOLS and he did 65K with his skill. Holy shit.

See if you can trick someone on gaf to put Shiva or Orochi as their leader.

If not, ogre leader + glow worms combined wtih a helper healer, use your succubus for the last round or whenever you are doomed, rebuild succubus skill when you have only one enemy left in a round.

Stupid question, but what are glow worms? And how will Resolve help when you can run into 2-3 masks per round?

Owzers

Stupid question, but what are glow worms? And how will Resolve help when you can run into 2-3 masks per round?

glow worms are the lits you need to evolve stuff with. If you run into 2-3 masks, take down whichever one is timed to hit at the same time as another one and hope for the best, store some orbs at the bottom of the screen for a large combo for when you're in trouble. Build your skills when you aren't in trouble and just have one mask left so the next round you can use them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom