• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

I'm going to need some masks soon, so does anyone have any advice for what I need to start getting ready in preparation for Wednesday dungeon on expert? What's the basic strategy for expert here? I have a Succubus but not a Lilith, she's max lv. 25, will that work? What should I have for leader / helper?

See if you can trick someone on gaf to put Shiva or Orochi as their leader.

If not, ogre leader + glow worms combined wtih a helper healer, use your succubus for the last round or whenever you are doomed, rebuild succubus skill when you have only one enemy left in a round.

ToxicAdam

Finally ...

iThjLGzsDuThR.PNG

12 tries in the Flame Mech expert Dungeon. 4 tries in the Ice Mech expert Dungeon.

First time I didn't have a mid-boss drop either. Maybe that's a secret.

/// --- ///

Also, wouldn't a resolve team with Chimeras and a Marine Rider (x2.5 for all attack pets) kick some ass?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Finally ...

iThjLGzsDuThR.PNG

/// --- ///

Also, wouldn't a resolve team with Chimeras and a Marine Rider (x2.5 for all attack pets) kick some ass?

How many expert runs did it take you...I'm scared to ask...also jealous.

Finally ...

12 tries in the Flame Mech expert Dungeon. 4 tries in the Ice Mech expert Dungeon.

/// --- ///

What difficulty? I'm 0/2 on Expert so far

Smiley90

Fyi, after the evolved form of titan, he's the second strongest monster OVERALL, when you look at the sum of all stats combined. (Max hp, atk and rcu)

Finally ...

/// --- ///

Nice. Regarding your Resolve team idea, your leaders need to be anchored by your Resolve creature and a healer, so your Marine Rider's leader skill couldn't be used. Unless you're considering a Resolve team without a healer.

J0dy77

What determines the "Won't activate Leader Skill" when picking a friend? Just wasted 15 stamina because I joined with my healer not healing.

Owzers

What determines the "Won't activate Leader Skill" when picking a friend? Just wasted 15 stamina because I joined with my healer not healing.

If they are an explorer it won't activate until you send a request and they accept and end up on your friends list, then the next time you use them as a helper it will activate.

Ice expert is really easy. You only need to have (or have friends with) 5* Siren, Dryad or Angel. That give you 3xRCV each round, easily 4500 in the 3 rounds between attacks (5000 if the healer is a little grown), so you can defeat the final boss without active healing. If you have a friend with a 5* healer, you don't need to have a great party.

But Fire expert is another thing. There are a lot of monsters with the "strong" tag, and is very easy to get enemies syncronized. I was not even able to reach the midboss in my two attempts.

harrytang

Oh, only 4 million to max level him? ::shoots self::

assuming that you could make 4-5 solid runs at blue metal dragon dungeon and capture 20 base level dragons, and fully capture and power fuse 10 blue pengdras to max, and capture 10 dragon plants during the thursday (i believe) special dungeon, you could, in theory, add 500k xp a week provided you have the space to hold all of that evo material. this means it would only take 8 weeks, or two months, to fully evo that beast. im jealous of you grind potential.

The game is trollng me. Fed this guy everything i had, and got him from lv. 57 to... Well, here

i just did the same last week. this dude a beast when 5*. so worth it.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I'm awake :O I will get that ice mech, I swear!

Also your little green knight will make the best evolved one in the game, not too far off. :)

Why don't you try Master? That's definitely doable with your team

Master? Sure.

Master technical? *pees pants*

Owzers

gave the fire and ice mech dungeons a few tries to no avail for a mech egg, i'm okay with my mermaid that dropped even though i don't really need it anymore but doooo need a mech.

7k exp though is niceeeeeeeeeeeeeee it's almost a full bar, when i do a keeper tmw i should be lvled and can do two more :O

Holy shitballs all at once :( So jealous. I should try running it on expert too... but scared...

Just put a water reducer in your leader spot and take Xelios' Amaterasu. It might take a while, but you'll be pretty much invincible as long as you have more than about 7k HP.

I tried taking Xelios' ADK and loading up on Dragons, but without the healing I just wasn't able to do it without dying against the boss. I guess it only works with 2x ADK and some high level guys.

xelios

FINALLY

Oddly enough Uthred you were my other ADK leader when it dropped lol

Put Ammy back up for the night since I'm done for now

Edit: Congrats CPP!

photo1uhxk4.png

Smiley90

Just put a water reducer in your leader spot and take Xelios' Amaterasu. It might take a while, but you'll be pretty much invincible as long as you have more than about 7k HP.

I tried taking Xelios' ADK and loading up on Dragons, but without the healing I just wasn't able to do it without dying against the boss. I guess it only works with 2x ADK and some high level guys.

Yeah I think I'll do that... how much does the expert boss hit for? I wanna see if I'll survive with 30% reduction :/

Smiley90

I'm not sure the exact number. I had a Fenrir Knight, which is 30%, and about 8k HP and i was never in any danger

mhmk, I can put my Toyceratops in. 30% reduction AND he's green. That should do it. No stamina until tomorrow morning though, then I'll check if Amu is up lol :D

xelios

Just tried to add a few of you guys, if you have room.

I need a pal that doesnt suck. <3

Accepted you. Friend list is getting hard to manage because almost everyone is GAF now, so unfortunately I'm having to remove those who haven't played in 1d-2d. If I remove someone and you get active again feel free to add me again or just PM me and say hey asshole you removed me. :x I know 1d isn't very long but it is in comparison to the rest of my friend list, nothing personal.

mhmk, I can put my Toyceratops in. 30% reduction AND he's green. That should do it. No stamina until tomorrow morning though, then I'll check if Amu is up lol :D

She'll be up the next 8-10 hours or so.

Smiley90

Accepted you. Friend list is getting hard to manage because almost everyone is GAF now, so unfortunately I'm having to remove those who haven't played in 1d-2d. If I remove someone and you get active again feel free to add me again or just PM me and say hey asshole you removed me. :x I know 1d isn't very long but it is in comparison to the rest of my friend list, nothing personal.

She'll be up the next 8-10 hours or so.

I'll be sleeping :p No rush, the dungeon is gonna be up for a long time still anyway :D I'll just keep checking in when she's up/when I have stamina, tomorrow morning or anytime :)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've been running my Odin for anyone who had a half decent healer on their team. The reduction he provides at full HP makes the expert dungeons super easy.

Woo!

Scored the boss egg on my first Master run. Good thing, too, because I wasn't going to give it a second shot. It took a long time, as you can see from me gaining a lot of stamina back. I had to use my last 3 magic stones to continue due to getting random 1-shotted by its multi-hit Ice Crusher attack, which it started randomly using after I got it down to about a quarter life. It's the same attack that made me realize a Resolve team wouldn't work against this boss. I don't know if there's any indication when the boss will use that attack, but I had to guess a few times and got lucky activating my Keeper's half-damage skill before an Ice Crusher hit. At least with his build-up skill(next attack does 300% damage), it indicates what the next attack will be. Not so with the Ice Crusher. I'll have to give more thought how to get around those kinds of attacks on a consistent basis. Suggestions are welcome.

Anyway, my spoils:

7ReR2ZX.jpg

And my team, which barely fit into my total team cost (Xelios' Amaterasu was the helper):

9nr7rCo.jpg

Azheim

Neo Member
Man, I have hit a wall, and I'm looking for advice on what to do next. Currently stuck on the last stage of the Polar Night Tower, and am up to the fourth stage of Ice Maze, the second technical dungeon. Up till this point, I felt I could easily defeat every dungeon on my own, irrespective of helper. Now, I've wasted the last two days worth of stamina failing the Polar Night Tower stages.

Here's my team. The top row are my main players. I've been using Vampire Lord as my leader. Still using my starter dragon solely for the HP he provides, though I want to replace him with a dark monster ASAP.
VPQG6Kf.jpg

Any advice on team composition is welcomed. I know that most of the monsters I would want are gacha, and so I'm saving my stones until the drop rate for Darks or Gods goes up.

I assume that I just need to level up my team and get some new monsters if I want to move on from here. Any advice on where to best farm dark XP? What about Dark monsters? Are there any dungeons available to me at this point that drop monsters I would want to add to my team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom