• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
If anyone decides to try their hand at Hera I'll put up Amaterasu Ohkami for you, just let me know. Otherwise 92 ADK is gonna be up today for easy farming of the Ice Mechdragon dungeon.

It's Nicoga@PG (the FB group uses PG, and I've got a nice assortment of friends from there). 398,038,297

E: Also, do you regain stamina while in a dungeon?

Yes, and added you, sorry. My friend list is 98/100 so I have to manage it, trying to keep GAF on there first and then taking off people who haven't played in the longest/aren't faved or as useful to me.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If anyone decides to try their hand at Hera I'll put up Amaterasu Ohkami for you, just let me know. Otherwise ADK is gonna be up today for easy farming of the Ice Mechdragon dungeon.

Yes, and I'll add you, sorry.

No need to apologize - and thanks! I have an @PG Ohkami at max level, but having a second available makes my life a lot easier, haha.

J0dy77

That's definitely not the case. I can do a lot of high level dungeons and none of the monsters in my roster came from the rare gacha machine. All of them were from dungeon drops.

Zerging through Expert Ice Mechdragon with all dragon, no healer team. ADK + ADK leaders of course. Couple Mermaid drops already.

Ok, these replies make me a feel a bit better. I'll just keep plugging away and leveling up what I have. I am getting by thus far but unfortunately am extremely reliant on friends healers.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Ok, these replies make me a feel a bit better. I'll just keep plugging away and leveling up what I have. I am getting by thus far but unfortunately am extremely reliant on friends healers.

Yeah, once you start being able to run dungeons on expert, drops get better and have higher chances I feel.had absolutely no luck on my adept runs, but got a light knight to drop from the boss only the second time I was running blade of justice on expert.

Scared of running the mechdragons on expert though, especially the fire one as I have not too many water monsters..

ToxicAdam

Anyone notice that every 10 levels you get an extra bonus? At level 60 I received +5 stamina and at level 70 I received +5 team cost.

xelios

Anyone notice that every 10 levels you get an extra bonus? At level 60 I received +5 stamina and at level 70 I received +5 team cost.

Yup, bigger bonuses. Also taking advantage of the crazy experience from the ice mech expert dungeon today (9k+) considering how fast I can complete it. Almost to rank 100.

Also I got 2 Plesiels -_-

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah, once you start being able to run dungeons on expert, drops get better and have higher chances I feel.had absolutely no luck on my adept runs, but got a light knight to drop from the boss only the second time I was running blade of justice on expert.

Scared of running the mechdragons on expert though, especially the fire one as I have not too many water monsters..

If you have the patience, a good healer + Odin makes these Expert dungeons easy.

ParityBit

So how can you beat a master level? I have tried many combos, and I am wondering if my team is just not good enough.

I do not have a Green super powerful Odin and my healer is a lvl 70 Siren, but I do not have a rainbow ghost thing (only seen one so far an it was in an expert dungeon I failed miserably), nor know what the first two ingredients are.

Smiley90

If you have the patience, a good healer + Odin makes these Expert dungeons easy.

I have none of those three things :p and I can only get a healer OR ADK from friend. I'd probably survive with damage reduction and healer friend, but it would take forever...

raiot

ARG, I'm so tempted to spend the gem for a stamina refill to farm the expert dungeon... Hm, no, Amaterasu is not up atm so i will just wait. :) If I put my Alraune as a leader and take the dmg halfer dragon as second leader i am 2 points over the team limit... :(

xelios

ARG, I'm so tempted to spend the gem for a stamina refill to farm the expert dungeon... Hm, no, Amaterasu is not up atm so i will just wait. :) If I put my Alraune as a leader and take the dmg halfer dragon as second leader i am 2 points over the team limit... :(

I can put her up in a couple minutes. I'll edit this post.

Edit: Alright she's up for a while if you wanna try

ParityBit

It really sounds like you need a damage reduction. Is there anything besides the lil' dragons early? Or should I farm those the best I can?

Mashing

That terrible feeling you have when you get to the endboss of a dungeon and then realize you do not have a enough healing (in a no RCV dungeon) or any heart switchers. I slaughtered everything up to the boss, but he did approx 500 more dmg than I could heal each turn (1700).

This was on expert dark sky dragon dungeon. I had ot take a mark II golem for hp's (and 50% dmg resist), my other leader was Alarune which does not quite cut it (only level 33)

Uthred

Finally reached Rank 66 and 50 Stamina, the downside is that stamina doesnt recharge any quicker and it seems that no matter what dungeons you run a full stamina bar is no longer sufficient to get a level up, forcing you to rest or spend stones.

Smiley90

Boooo to a lack of king metal dragon eggs for me today.

Ran it twice earlier, first run had only normals, second run had a King and a High.

I'm always saving up all my kings so I can feed them 5 Kings at a time to my Hades which takes FOREVER to level, stupid 4 mio curve. I want to at least evolve him at some point, though, to get the skill from 15% HP reduction to 30...

Owzers

^ I've been using all my kings on my Dark Dragon Knight, he's maxed now and i just need a mystery item to evolve him, i assume it's a dark keeper i need. How hard are the rainbow keeper dungeons?

Smiley90

^ I've been using all my kings on my Dark Dragon Knight, he's maxed now and i just need a mystery item to evolve him, i assume it's a dark keeper i need. How hard are the rainbow keeper dungeons?

This guy? It says you need a Dark Keeper, yes. The keeper dungeons are probably the easiest expert dungeons you'll encounter, but there is no "dark" dungeon, so you rely on getting lucky and hope he's a mid-boss.

MicH

Holy shit!! I just ran the second to last dungeon in Vulcano of Vulcan for the double coins and a Naga dropped! NICE

Owzers

This guy? It says you need a Dark Keeper, yes. The keeper dungeons are probably the easiest expert dungeons you'll encounter, but there is no "dark" dungeon, so you rely on getting lucky and hope he's a mid-boss.

I think you linked to the wrong thingy :p Are dark keepers not easily found in the rainbow keeper dungeon? Hmmm randomly looking up dark keeper it seems they are only in the red/blue/green dungeons.

Smiley90

I think you linked to the wrong thingy :p Are dark keepers not easily found in the rainbow keeper dungeon?

Oh whoops! Fixed it up.

Rainbow Keeper does too, but you can find Dark Keepers even in the coloured Keeper dungeon, and those are probably easier to fight&farm. The mid-boss is commonly either a dark or a light keepers and those drop with 100% too IF you encounter them, so you might have to run a coloured dungeon like 3, 4 times and you're very likely to have a dark keeper drop on you. Might be an easier way than doing the Rainbow one.

lingiii

Banned
Dudes. I'm totally stymied. I beat Castle of Satan by the skin of my teeth and now I ain't about shit.

I played the grass tech dungeon up to the last one and I can't even get to the boss of it. Can't get to the boss of the first level after Castle of Satan either. :(

Anyone give me some pointers on ratcheting up my game?

It's Nicoga@PG (the FB group uses PG, and I've got a nice assortment of friends from there). 398,038,297

E: Also, do you regain stamina while in a dungeon?

yup. i cheat this way sometimes when i don't feel like playing. enter a dungeon, exit the game, come back later and you'll still be in the dungeon. when you beat it, full stam.

Smiley90

yup. i cheat this way sometimes when i don't feel like playing. enter a dungeon, exit the game, come back later and you'll still be in the dungeon. when you beat it, full stam.

That's not cheating, that's a valid tactic... I sometimes do that in the morning. When I wake up I have full stamina, so I enter a dungeon before I leave the house, when I get to school I'm in a dungeon I can finish AND have full stamina again! Free Dungeon! :p

It really sounds like you need a damage reduction. Is there anything besides the lil' dragons early? Or should I farm those the best I can?

keepers do too. theres some others as well, but i can't remember. i think i have most elements (not much, but it all helps). I can put up whatever element people want, just don't have dark.

friend me if you want : Kyle@GAF (i'll edit my number when i'm out of the dungeon)

Jinko

Yea I do this sometimes, although once I logged on and it had kicked me back to the choose a dungeon screen :S

think I'll be farming a lil'blue dragon today.

ParityBit

keepers do too. theres some others as well, but i can't remember. i think i have most elements (not much, but it all helps). I can put up whatever element people want, just don't have dark.

friend me if you want : Kyle@GAF (i'll edit my number when i'm out of the dungeon)

Keepers are Tomorrow right? I need a couple to evolve my dragons. I have lil versions of all the dragons but black. Maybe I should raise them all up?

Dudes. I'm totally stymied. I beat Castle of Satan by the skin of my teeth and now I ain't about shit.

I played the grass tech dungeon up to the last one and I can't even get to the boss of it. Can't get to the boss of the first level after Castle of Satan either. :(

Anyone give me some pointers on ratcheting up my game?
Level up your dudes some more. You should have multiple 4* monsters by now, make sure to level them up enough until they have enough combined HP so you can weather multiple regular attacks from tech dungeon stuff.

Start curating your friendlist. You should have multiple 5* auto healers at the very least. Green Odins are also a big plus. You might want to consider axing pubbies who stopped playing or have yet to switch from their Dino Rider, which doesn't really do you any good anymore.

The Fortoytops at the end of Fertile Land-5 starts using Triple Strike once it hits 50% HP, which will probably wipe you out unless you have ways to minimize the damage. Get some resist dragons in your party/on your friendslist.

ccbfan

Keepers are Tomorrow right? I need a couple to evolve my dragons. I have lil versions of all the dragons but black. Maybe I should raise them all up?

Where did you get the non-black versions?

I only have black and like 6 of them. I want to make one for all 5 colors since they're powerful and have a super useful leader skill.

ParityBit

I only have black and like 6 of them. I want to make one for all 5 colors since they're powerful and have a super useful leader skill.

I forgot! I think from PAL and a drop in some of the dungeons. I dont have my bookmarks handy so I dont know which dungeon/level

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Haha - I'm totally going to take down Flame Mechadragon on Expert (finally), but it's going to take me FOREVER. He can't kill my team unless I go multiple rounds without making a single match, but it's sloooooooow.

Jinko

The lil dragons ?, they drop in the tier 2 dungeons last dungeon/boss. (prob terrible drop rate though)

They can also show up as a rare spawn in any of those dungeons.

xelios

Switching back to ADK in 5 mins for some Ice Mech farming/ranking up. Friends list is full so I'm having to remove non-GAF/very low rank and those who haven't played in 2+ days as needed. Anyone who has ever had a damage reducer, 6* ammy, ADK, Shiva, Viper, Great Valkyrie or Green Odin up is probably safe cuz I have you favorited.

Smiley90

They drop from a lot of dungeons, actually. You can look them up by clicking on them in the Wiki here Click on the dragon you're interested in, then it lists where they drop under "dungeon". Sometimes it's a bit hard to find out which dungeon is which, because the translations suck, but if you click on it it lists the whole dungeon with enemies, which should help in determining which one is which. Alternatively go find the entire 'dungeon list' and count down until you find the same-named dungeon, the order is the same as ingame.

xelios

Can you Log in Quick with your AMA before switching to ADK ? I will try a second run.

I am, haven't switched yet.

Edit: Aight

im @pg instead of @gaf. dont remove me :D. i have a 55 DK which will be ADK soon, and also should have a Chaos Devil Dragon soon

Alright, think I have you fav already.

Edit: Actually, what's your name?

Switching back to ADK in 5 mins for some Ice Mech farming/ranking up. Friends list is full so I'm having to remove non-GAF/very low rank and those who haven't played in 2+ days as needed. Anyone who has ever had a damage reducer, 6* ammy, ADK, Shiva, Viper, Great Valkyrie or Green Odin up is probably safe cuz I have you favorited.

im @pg instead of @gaf. dont remove me :D. i have a 55 DK which will be ADK soon, and also should have a Chaos Devil Dragon soon

StMeph

I have a Valkyrie Leader, farmed a Naga and Mermaid, and now am farming Succubus. My question is this: what's a good 4th creature for a Valk-oriented healer team?

The suggestion here: http://ggftw.com/forum/1783784-post10.html

Is a special-event only monster I'm not sure has even been seen in the US version yet.
http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/時魔道士?variant=zh-tw
http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/最強装備·時魔道士?variant=zh-tw

Looks like it has the same Active skill as Naga/Echidna.

But I'm not going to hold out for the special event. What's a good 4th sub?

kswiston

Ice mechadragon on expert is pretty easy with a good healer and a monster who reduces water damage by 50%. I ran it with my newly-evolved Alarune as leader, and 5-star version of the dark toy dragon as my Friend helper. Rest of my team consisted of a Dragonette, a Dragon Knight (not ADK yet), a Light Elemental Genie, and a Pterados. Genie and Pterados were only in there because I needed the HP. In retrospect, I could have included some of my dark monsters instead.

Anyhow, I only had 5000 life, but was never in danger of dying with my Alarune healing 1500+ a turn. The Ice Ogres hit 2400 a turn at 50% reduction which sucks when combined with two of the other regular fiends (which each hit 900-1200) but they have a big enough delay for you to recover with a heart match or two. All three of the boss battles were no threat. It just took forever to grind through high HP monsters since I was limited to 1x damage. I think it took me 35 mins to beat that battle, but I got the blue starter as a drop for my troubles! I might run the dungeon again in the future after working up my green team a bit.

EDIT: Fixed my typo

Smiley90

I have a Valkyrie Leader, farmed a Naga and Mermaid, and now am farming Succubus. My question is this: what's a good 4th creature for a Valk-oriented healer team?

The suggestion here: http://ggftw.com/forum/1783784-post10.html

Is a special-event only monster I'm not sure has even been seen in the US version yet.
http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/時魔道士?variant=zh-tw
http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/最強装備·時魔道士?variant=zh-tw

Looks like it has the same Active skill as Naga/Echidna.

But I'm not going to hold out for the special event. What's a good 4th sub?

Let me know how many tries it takes you to get the Succubus, I gave up after roughly 25 tries in the Twin Temple dungeon, at least 15 of which were during the 1.5x drop rate event even :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom