• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

StMeph

Let me know how many tries it takes you to get the Succubus, I gave up after roughly 25 tries in the Twin Temple dungeon, at least 15 of which were during the 1.5x drop rate event even :(

I'm not counting.

As noted earlier in the thread, I went from Rank 10 to the 30s farming for Naga, so at this point, I'm not quitting until I see an egg. Mermaid was relatively quick, and if I had to estimate, in the mid-20s in attempts. But I am pretty sure that I tried for Naga more than 100 times, though maybe less than 150.

I'm farming Succubus's Whisper in Pluto Valley. Currently at Rank 39.8

Kosh

I have a Valkyrie Leader, farmed a Naga and Mermaid, and now am farming Succubus. My question is this: what's a good 4th creature for a Valk-oriented healer team?

The suggestion here: http://ggftw.com/forum/1783784-post10.html

Is a special-event only monster I'm not sure has even been seen in the US version yet.
http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/時魔道士?variant=zh-tw
http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/最強装備·時魔道士?variant=zh-tw

Looks like it has the same Active skill as Naga/Echidna.

But I'm not going to hold out for the special event. What's a good 4th sub?

Another Valk with an Orochi helper. Of course that's easier said than done as you need to get lucky at the machine again for another Valk.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I'm not counting.

As noted earlier in the thread, I went from Rank 10 to the 30s farming for Naga, so at this point, I'm not quitting until I see an egg. Mermaid was relatively quick, and if I had to estimate, in the mid-20s in attempts. But I am pretty sure that I tried for Naga more than 100 times, though maybe less than 150.

Aah I wonder if the drop rate there is better... I tried farming at Coaxing Snake in Twin Temple Diana.

I'm not counting.

holy. shit.

'farming' is this game is brutal

ToxicAdam

I have a Valkyrie Leader, farmed a Naga and Mermaid, and now am farming Succubus. My question is this: what's a good 4th creature for a Valk-oriented healer team?

The suggestion here: http://ggftw.com/forum/1783784-post10.html

Is a special-event only monster I'm not sure has even been seen in the US version yet.
http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/時魔道士?variant=zh-tw
http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/最強装備·時魔道士?variant=zh-tw

Looks like it has the same Active skill as Naga/Echidna.

But I'm not going to hold out for the special event. What's a good 4th sub?

Yea, I don't think the US version has access to that pet yet.

You might want to farm a Dryad (#92), which can be evolved into an Alarune (I believe).

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120419021523/pad/zh/images/c/c4/Pet203.png

StMeph

holy. shit.

'farming' is this game is brutal

It's been told -- on more than one occasion -- that I am doing it in one of the least efficient methods possible, because those monsters show up later in other dungeons, especially Special dungeons where the additional difficulty options are supposed to improve drop rates. But those levels mark their first appearance, and so I've just made the personal decision not to advance any further until I get the egg.

A more normal course of progress would be to get up to a level where farming the other stuff is doable, and THEN assembling the team you want by farming. I am just crazy, don't take my experience as the norm.

MicH

I already have the majority for a possible healer team: Great Valkyrie, Siren, Alraune and my newly dropped Naga. Only need a Succubus?! That is pretty awesome! Might just do it

Smiley90

If you're talking about the little one I've had it appear (rarely) for me in the earliest technical dungeon as well, and drop the egg too.

If he's asking about how to find dublits, I didn't think he's at the technicals yet... :D Thinking about what to do today. Probably just gonna finish Castle of Satan and run some Metal Dragons, I got Hades&Devil Dragon&Moondragon D'Spinas to level up. (Wanna do Devil Dragon with all the minor metal dragons and Hades with all the king dragons first though, since they can still evolve.)

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
3 runs of Ice Expert and no drop of anything worthwhile yet. It takes a while, but the exp is nice and the fodder is decent. C'mon 2x drop!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
3 runs of Ice Expert and no drop of anything worthwhile yet. It takes a while, but the exp is nice and the fodder is decent. C'mon 2x drop!

20ish runs here but I've gotten about 5 mermaids if that counts for anything.

Oh and ONE +rcv egg. -_-

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
20ish runs here but I've gotten about 5 mermaids if that counts for anything.

I wish my team could fair well against the final boss. He's easy to kill, but it's like throwing pillows at a brick wall. He dies SO slow. Him and Fire Expert.

Also, good luck to those attempting Hera right now!

xelios

I wish my team could fair well against the final boss. He's easy to kill, but it's like throwing pillows at a brick wall. He dies SO slow. Him and Fire Expert.

Also, good luck to those attempting Hera right now!

ADK team takes him down so fast it's crazy, but I feel sooo slow with the fire boss, haha.

Oh yeah, remember if anyone wants to attempt Hera just let me know and I'll put Ammy up for you.

jersoc

If he's asking about how to find dublits, I didn't think he's at the technicals yet... :D Thinking about what to do today. Probably just gonna finish Castle of Satan and run some Metal Dragons, I got Hades&Devil Dragon&Moondragon D'Spinas to level up. (Wanna do Devil Dragon with all the minor metal dragons and Hades with all the king dragons first though, since they can still evolve.)

i unlocked techs last night :p

xelios

Rank 100, still no Ice Mech drop though. :( 5 mermaids and 10 plesiels, lol.

30 PAL pulls, feel bored enough to pull them but know I'll get nothing but crap. I can't remember but does +1 stuff come out of there?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Rank 100, still no Ice Mech drop though. :( 5 mermaids and 10 plesiels, lol.

30 PAL pulls, feel bored enough to pull them but know I'll get nothing but crap. I can't remember but does +1 stuff come out of there?

Yup - I've gotten a few +RCV out of there. :p

xCobalt

Out of curiosity what monsters are those, always interested to see what other people have in their team.

It changes depending on what dungeon I'm doing. I don't have any extremely sought after monsters like Amaterasu, Odin or Viper Orochi but I'm pretty good at preparing for the dungeon itself and making a lot of combos.

Pnk9Rs1.jpg

xelios

Decided to do one pull and got a salamander. :s Wanted Minerva. Guess I can switch out different colored dragon teams with ADK + ADK? I've thought about it, different colored non-leader dragons for different dungeons. Of course for red team maybe Shiva would be better.

xelios

Is Gigas viable on an all red team?

With Phoenix Knight and Flare Drall that would give me:

Water Orbs to Fire Orbs
Wood Orbs to Heal Orbs
Heal Orbs to Fire Orbs

Then I'm left with Echidna as the last spot, Shiva as a leader + another Shiva or starter fire dragon. Alternatives to Gigas would be Volcano Meteor Dragon, giving a higher atk but taking away the heal > fire orbs. Any opinions?

lol I tried Hera for shits and giggles, took maybe 5% off of one of the demons from the first pack of trash, then got 1 shotted. Guess you need much higher attack, since I wasn't even breaking the defense.

Smiley90

Mhmmm what's the difference between chimeras and the harpies? They are both attackers and have similar skills...or does the comets get better as it evolves?

Jinko

Mhmmm what's the difference between chimeras and the harpies? They are both attackers and have similar skills...or does the comets get better as it evolves?

Chimera's have much higher ATK and level to 70, harpies only to 50, Chimera damages is AoE harpies is one target.

Also evolved Chimera's have the same skill as evolved starters so you can feed them to your starter dragon to skill them up,

Smiley90

Chimera's have much higher ATK and level to 70, harpies only to 50, Chimera damages is AoE harpies is one target.

So pretty much try and replace all harpies as soon as chimeras become available? Do they exist in all colors, too?

Jinko

So pretty much try and replace all harpies as soon as chimeras become available? Do they exist in all colors, too?

Yea that's what I plan to do, the only downside is they have really low HP so prob don't want too many in a team unless you plan a resolve team.

Yea they come in all colours.

Smiley90

Yea that's what I plan to do, the only downside is they have really low HP so prob don't want too many in a team unless you plan a resolve team.

Yea they come in all colours.

Oh yeah only one tops, plus, harpies have super low hp too... it's more about who is worth leveling,I like having a couple different monsters around tho be able to adapt to situations.I'll stop leveling my harpies and instead try and replace them with chimeras then.

J0dy77

Need some leveling advice from someone good at maneuvering one of the Asian wikis. I have a 47 devil dragon that I want to max at 75. I have 3 king and one metal dragon after today's metal round. Would that be enough to get him to max or should I get more king first?

lingiii

Banned
here's my monsterbox . beaten Castle of Satan, on final of first grass tech dungeon. If someone wanted to be a hero, they could give me some advice for grinding / what's worth having. PM if you like so my sad cry begging for guidance doesn't clog this thing up.

xelios

Need some leveling advice from someone good at maneuvering one of the Asian wikis. I have a 47 chaos dragon that I want to max at 75. I have 3 king and one metal dragon after today's metal round. Would that be enough to get him to max or should I get more king first?

You need 623,949 total to reach 70 (max). Subtract what you already have from that and you'll see you don't have enough. You need roughly 398k more experience.

You confused me for a moment because he maxes at 70, not 75.

As a new player, what should I be keeping and what should I be feeding to my minions?

Are those fighter guys worth leveling? I got a decent star value leader from my initial pull, a dragon rider type, but I don't really know how to advance.

J0dy77

You need 623,949 total to reach 70 (max). Subtract what you already have from that and you'll see you don't have enough. You need roughly 398k more experience.

You confused me for a moment because he maxes at 70, not 75.

Thanks. Had the name and level wrong but you got the gist. I'll do the math.

Follow up question. King metal gives 50k exp. how much does high metal?

xelios

Thanks. Had the name and level wrong but you got the gist. I'll do the math.

Follow up question. King metal gives 50k exp. how much does high metal?

That's just the base, metal dragons give more experience to dark element monsters. I believe high base is 10k.

Smiley90

Running the first technicals, now i have way too many pengdras and wish I'd saved some of those small dragons. At least it's comforting to know that they drop crazy often, so that from now on all the small dragons can very easily used to evolve pengdras for max exp.

Like Xelios, I've been blasting through Expert Mechanical Ice Dragon with dual ADKs. The last boss hasn't even gotten a hit on me through 5 runs. Unfortunately, no boss or Mermaid drops, yet. I just did the calculations for Master level Technical Ice Dragon, and I should be able to complete it by switching my Fortoytops to leader position(half water damage) and using Xelios' Ami. I'll also bring along a Rainbow Keeper for his 1/2 damage for 3 turns skill. That should reduce the Ice Dragon's multi-hit skill to 8970 damage max. The wiki says it can do up to 35800 damage. The only regular mobs I need to be sure to kill first are the Frost Devils, because they have a skill to bind my Wood creatures, which includes deactivating leader skills.

I'm going to need some masks soon, so does anyone have any advice for what I need to start getting ready in preparation for Wednesday dungeon on expert? What's the basic strategy for expert here? I have a Succubus but not a Lilith, she's max lv. 25, will that work? What should I have for leader / helper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom