• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump decides to threaten Alaska over one of their Senators not supporting Trumpcare.

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump isn't going to just let Sen. Lisa Murkowski's no vote on Tuesday's health care motion go.

Early Wednesday, Trump took to Twitter to express displeasure with Murkowski's vote. By that afternoon, each of Alaska's two Republican senators had received a phone call from Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke letting them know the vote had put Alaska's future with the administration in jeopardy.

The response follows Trump's no-holds-barred style of governing, even when it comes to his own party. It is his first strike of retaliation against Murkowski, however, despite her tendency to stray from the party line and the president's priorities.

Alaska Sen. Dan Sullivan said the call from Zinke heralded a "troubling message."

"I'm not going to go into the details, but I fear that the strong economic growth, pro-energy, pro-mining, pro-jobs and personnel from Alaska who are part of those policies are going to stop," Sullivan said.

"I tried to push back on behalf of all Alaskans. … We're facing some difficult times and there's a lot of enthusiasm for the policies that Secretary Zinke and the president have been talking about with regard to our economy. But the message was pretty clear," Sullivan said. The Interior secretary also contacted Murkowski, he said.

Jerk off into the ocean, you wannabe mobster.

https://www.adn.com/politics/2017/0...e-could-have-energy-repercussions-for-alaska/

Let's be clear, this isn't Trump himself, it's Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke acting on behalf of Trump, which is even worse.

Isn't Murkowski the one that one reelection through a write-in campaign? lol
Totally. She lost a primary to a Tea Party nutjob, was asked to give up her committee seats, and then won the general election through a write-in campaign. She has nothing to fear from the Republican Party.

"I'm not going to go into the details, but I fear that the strong economic growth, pro-energy, pro-mining, pro-jobs and personnel from Alaska who are part of those policies are going to stop," Sullivan said.

The best businessman.

image.php

She is not the one.

Neith

Banned
Seriously, I think healthcare is fine for right now. All of this Trump BS is just so tiring over health care. They don't even know why they want to change it, but they want to change it. This is pathetic at this point. It's going nowhere.

Tagyhag

I forgot which South American country it was but their president would not import food to their state if they didn't agree with them.

Reminds me of that.

Isn't he supposed to "unite" America and make it great again? Cause this seems like the total opposite of that. He's making it a laughingstock.

As evil as this is, and I know Republicans love evil this is actually great news. Not for Alaskans obviously but for the impeachment. The GOP will look at this as an attack on their own, they fall in line but now it's gonna be alot easier to impeach him knowing how he wants to fuck with even his own party. This is why the Jeff Sessions thing is making GOP members upset...... I hate this is the thing but when you are heartless this is all we get. Hopefully, we get him out before he can do Alaska any
more
damage.

Edit: How does Sarah Palin feel about this, seriously remember when we were scared she could be president for like a year or 2? Fuck, the world would have been so much simpler even with her stupidity.... actually by comparison she's a nerd.

As an Alaskan I'm embarrassed this state went Trump. A huge portion of Alaskans rely on medicare and medicaid, that was a huge reason she felt compelled to vote no on this "healthcare" bill

I really hope that this makes the people on the right go "Wow! This clearly an abuse of power and these people clearly are not fit to be running a country!". I know it won't, but if at least one trump supporter sees this and feels remorse, it'll be worth it.

Slime

Banned
Assuming America survives Trump, it's amusing that it probably won't even have been checks and balances or the rule of law that saved the country from utter destruction, but the Republican Party's incompetence and complete dysfunction.

They get their biggest majority in almost a century and the mere act of depriving Americans of their health care -- the one issue they've been vocally obsessed with for years -- drives them to infighting and public shaming. It's kind of beautiful.

Zolo

I really hope that this makes the people on the right go "Wow! This clearly an abuse of power and these people clearly are not fit to be running a country!". I know it won't, but if at least one trump supporter sees this and feels remorse, it'll be worth it.

They won't even know about it cause Fox News won't report on it.

What's it going to be, establishment Republicans? Actual self-preservation, or are you just going to roll over and let Trump bully you out of your own party and replace you with his stooges?

You had to know this was coming, but that brass ring of fucking everyone else over while you had the chance was just too goddamn shiny to not reach for it, huh?

What's it going to be, establishment Republicans? Actual self-preservation, or are you just going to roll over and let Trump bully you out of your own party and replace you with his stooges?

You had to know this was coming, but that brass ring of fucking everyone else over while you had the chance was just too goddamn shiny to not reach for it, huh?
Murkowski is an outlier, so uh yeah they'll choose the roll over and vote for everything he puts forth option, partially because they agree with a good amount of it.

Murkowski is an outlier, so uh yeah they'll choose the roll over and vote for everything he puts forth option, partially because they agree with a good amount of it.

Murkowski isn't the only one he's threatened. He's trying to force out Sessions and there's even early warning since he's turning on Priebus. He's openly threatened to campaign against rebellious members of the GOP before.

Anyone over there pretending not to know it's only a matter of time before he finds an excuse to push them out in favor of a Trump Loyalist is as stupid as they are gutless. He's obviously trying to rebuild the party into a support apparatus that meets his paranoid definition of "loyalty", and that means Everyone Must Go.

Zolo

Murkowski isn't the only one he's threatened. He's trying to force out Sessions and there's even early warning since he's turning on Priebus. He's openly threatened to campaign against rebellious members of the GOP before.

Anyone over there pretending not to know it's only a matter of time before he finds an excuse to push them out in favor of a Trump Loyalist is as stupid as they are gutless. He's obviously trying to rebuild the party into a support apparatus that meets his paranoid definition of "loyalty", and that means Everyone Must Go.

Can't wait to see how he reacts if the House flips.

danthefan

He's gone fucking nuts after 6 months in the job. He's going to be flailing around like this for another 3 and a half years.

Yeah and Republicans are fucking dumb, this was obvious from day 1. Most won't jump ship until it's too late for them.

Every single person -- every single fucking person in Alaska -- can spell Lisa Murkowski's name.

You think you will outlive her?

You think you're more important than her?

Seas will rise, DC will sink into the ground, and Lisa Murkoswki will be sitting on top of fucking Denali watching your orange ass try to float.

Yeah and Republicans are fucking dumb, this was obvious from day 1. Most won't jump ship until it's too late for them.

You're probably right, which is amazing. I mean, I can understand not taking Cristie as a warning sign, because that was fucking hilarious and basically no one likes Cristie, but at the point where he's turned on Sessions you would think every (R) in the room would come to the realization that there's no actual way to pass the litmus test for Trump Loyalty.

Retaliation? See u in court. Nothing pisses of rural states like DC directly threatening you no matter who its from. These mother fuckers have lost their marbles.

Shauni

You're probably right, which is amazing. I mean, I can understand not taking Cristie as a warning sign, because that was fucking hilarious and basically no one likes Cristie, but at the point where he's turned on Sessions you would think every (R) in the room would come to the realization that there's no actual way to pass the litmus test for Trump Loyalty.

I think they realize this a lot more than you're giving credit for, but they are still trying to push an agenda and, right now, he's essential.

NateDrake

They will stay on board the Trump train for as long as their base rallies behind him. If the tides begin to change come the election cycle next year, you will see them distance themselves from Trump.

Top Bottom