• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT2| RIP Bowmage 2015-2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Astrologian already is FF14's Time Mage. The level 60 quest is about them eventually being able to manipulate time itself. Celestial Opposition is an AOE Stun that is supposed to be a short time stop, and so is Astral Stasis. Gravity also is a spell often associated with time magic, and they even get Time Dilation as a skill. If we ever get meaningful CC in this game I fully expect AST to get Stop.

No fun. =/

Kenai

No fun. =/

In addition, the lore behind AST's basic healing spell Benefic in the big recent encyclopedia mentions that rather than simply mending wounds like WHM and SCH that it actually is reverting the target's damaged area to a previous, more healthy state of a moment ago.

Or something like that.

My friend a few (hundred) miles away has my book at the moment but I am sure someone around here might have their own copy to verify.

I know it's kinda not the traditional Time Mage a lot of people were hoping for since we never go it in 11 either, but I think they did a pretty good job with the lore and the graphical effects anyway (and people respect the job after the megabuffs lol).

So all the good stuff will be shown at 1:30 a.m. (PST) tonight eh?

The 2nd half will probably a recap of what we already know. Betting that Samurai or a job that isn't blue Mage will be revealed as a grand finale. nearly a whole hour. Thinking of going to sleep because I am pretty confident. No point ruining my sleep pattern ugh.

They must love that overdone "that's it? That's it? Nope we got one more thing!" crap

lol just stop.

Vic_Viper

what weapon is this and is there a NIN equivelent!?!?!

dragoonanima.gif

Edit: Wait nvm, found it here: http://imgur.com/gallery/EpxNZ

Are these just the last in the Anima weapon line? Scholar has the best looking one imo, but NIN's is pretty weak :(

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The NIN one looks so bad lmao.

Some WoW enchant level effects RIP THIS GRIND.

Squishy3

So the opening ceremony starts at 4:30am EST? or does it start earlier?

The fan festival in Germany starts in 1 hour?
Keynote is 5:30 AM EST.

I think it is time for a Blue Mage.

Lemme go learn abilities from Primals and dungeon bosses. Make it a collection minigame.
This would be terrible because you already have people who don't do job quests or just don't use the abilities given to them. You'd get blue mages who don't go fight the enemies and then don't have any abilities.

This would be terrible because you already have people who don't do job quests or just don't use the abilities given to them. You'd get blue mages who don't go fight the enemies and then don't have any abilities.

It starts at 4:30 AM EST (converted from 9:30 GMT).

People should get on so we can argue whether the new job will be dps or tank (or healer).

Lanrutcon

Lazy people will lazy. Can't make design decisions based on those people, otherwise endgame content wouldn't let you queue unless you're up to date on your job quests and have all your shit on a hotbar :p

Squishy3

Lazy people will lazy. Can't make design decisions based on those people, otherwise endgame content wouldn't let you queue unless you're up to date on your job quests and have all your shit on a hotbar :p
If they had a system like that in place and people were doing level 70 content with a blue mage and didn't have that stuff unlocked I'd start a votekick. (or kick them if in a PF group) Ignorance isn't an excuse, and it isn't for the job quests either.

Not knowing how to play a class at 100% or whatever is fine, the game doesn't really teach you that, but not having access to the suite of skills is dumb. All the useless stuff is gained via level up and not job quests anyway.

Lanrutcon

And of course in true Final Fantasy fashion, all the learned skills will be worthless when fighting anything that matters!

White Wind? Big Guard? But I doubt those would make it into FFXIV.

If they had a system like that in place and people were doing level 70 content with a blue mage and didn't have that stuff unlocked I'd start a votekick. (or kick them if in a PF group) Ignorance isn't an excuse, and it isn't for the job quests either.

Not knowing how to play a class at 100% or whatever is fine, the game doesn't really teach you that, but not having access to the suite of skills is dumb. All the useless stuff is gained via level up and not job quests anyway.

I fully agree. Bare minimum people can do is goddamn unlock their abilities. Blue Mages would need to do a little bit more work to get that done, but they'd end up better players for it. Let's call it an "Advanced Job".

Squishy3

I fully agree. Bare minimum people can do is goddamn unlock their abilities. Blue Mages would need to do a little bit more work to get that done, but they'd end up better players for it. Let's call it an "Advanced Job".
You've got way more faith in the average player base than I do.

Jayhawk

Get hype!!!! What to do here for an hour of sitting. German lines too efficient. Barely waited.

EDIT: Too sleepy to come up with a good question for tomorrow's live letter. I'll submit my question later today.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The unlock conditions for BLU should involve dying to a specific move and then being rezzed in the same encounter.

My two guesses for support class are:

Dancer who can kinda also dps

Chemist who are based on item/ potion usage.

Something not seen in a final fantasy yet.

Omnicent

I hope we get a preview of the combat system changes (if they go over all the jobs like they did for heavesward then probably).
It's time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom