• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGLeaks Durango specs: x64 8-core CPU @1.6GHz, 8GB DDR3 + 32MB ESRAM, 50GB 6x BD...

Ding-Ding

Polygon is to fair and balanced gaming news, as Fox is for current affairs. Both are just mouth pieces for their respective overloads (MS and GOP).

I tell you what, here in the UK, we constantly complain about the BBC and hints of political bias. When I visited the States though and watched the news broadcasts you guys put up with, I have never been so grateful for having to pay the BBC licence fee

wwm0nkey

Moving around the living room essentially blindfolded. .. hmm

virtusphere.jpg

Jeux

Banned
Who knows with all of these rumors, but I don't really trust Sony.

I went to E305. I didn't make it to Sony's press event, but I was at Microsoft's. A lot of people thought that Sony would steamroll Microsoft.

They showed that incredible-looking, but pre-rendered, video of Motorstorm and Killzone 2 at the press event and on the show floor. They also talked about dual 1080p HDMI outputs on the console, etc.

At Microsoft's press event where they showed actual builds of DOA4, COD 2, and so forth, and people thought that there would be no contest compared with Sony's much more powerful stuff, and we all know how that generation turned out.

Similar with the PS2 where Sony promised a performance leap over the DC many, many times greater than what we eventually received.

I will buy whichever system offers the best mix of ecosystem, controller, price, launch/announced software, and horse power.

I still don't see the 750.000$ line. I don't see how it's possible if it's for the documentary. The site doesn't present itself as such in anyway.

And Forza Horizon got a 6, when it has a metacritic of 8.5. But try to sell me that bridge a little more.

Here you go:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42475177&postcount=1524

And here is your admision by Arthur Gies

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=42480277&postcount=1632

Edit: And Another link from a news website: http://adage.com/article/digital/vox-hypes-gaming-site-documentary/236827/

So about that bridge, I accept installments :p

coldfoot

Banned
I love that the 360 and PS3 could achieve what they could off a total of 512MB RAM, but suddenly the 8GB DDR of the new Xbox is looked down upon already.

Christ. Has it really become that bad here?

Both these consoles will be fuck awesome.

8GB of DDR is not looked down upon, but big chunk of it being reserved for Kinect is..

Sorry, but to buy that bridge the conditions weren't that MS had paid them or not. You have to show me why they are biased. Which you haven't.

Nope, I just needed to show as I clearly have, that there're valid reasons why posters have reservations about Poligon and their coverage of things MSFT. I never claimed bias, just reasonable doubts about their ethics and how naive your skepticism about these posters seems in light of these facts.

If they are biased or not I can't tell as I don't visit that site or any other besides RPS when I'm extremely bored and want to read about gaming that reaches further than skin deep drivel, I do have read some Polygon articles but not about MSFT/Sony or consoles when some posters put a thread here on GAF about them.

Nope, I just needed to show as I clearly have, that there're valid reasons why posters have reservations about Poligon and their coverage of things MSFT. I never claimed bias, just reasonable doubts about their ethics and how naive your skepticism about these poster seems in light of these facts.

Because of I9 ads?

Man some people really need to grow up. But I'll take that bridge sucka, PM me we'll talk discount ;)

Nope, because of 750,000 dollars.

Yeah, but they paid them that for advertisement. You didn't actually read the admission?

You're trivializing the subject.

Hardly, it's ad space.

I can point right now to a 6 that says they aren't biased.

You know what bias is? EDGE is UK bias, and they are on the clock. Giving a 6 when the whole world is giving 8s and 9s ain't bias my friend.

CLEEK

I tell you what, here in the UK, we constantly complain about the BBC and hints of political bias. When I visited the States though and watched the news broadcasts you guys put up with, I have never been so grateful for having to pay the BBC licence fee

I emigrated from the UK 10 years ago. It's amazing how much you take the British media for granted until you experience the horrors that exist in other countries.

As for the Polygon / MS link, there will always be a conflict of interest when they, or their staff (aegeis etc), comment on MS products. Or the products of their competitors. That doesn't mean there is actual bias, or even direct editorial direction, but the question mark will always be there.

As for the Polygon / MS link, there will always be a conflict of interest when they, or their staff (aegeis etc), comment on MS products. Or the products of their competitors. That doesn't mean there is actual bias, or even direct editorial direction, but the question mark will always be there.

Why?

Because it makes it easier for certain people to discredit them? Unless proof of their bias is shown, all it is is children typing.

Based on what. The contract was pretty clear and there was certainly a reason why it was in there in the first place.

The contract states that if Bungie does not have enough resources to make a PS3 version for launch, then it can be delayed.

It does not state that there needs to be some sort of timed exclusivity. Activision certainly doesn't want that.

It just gives Bungie some breathing room "cover your ass" card in case they can't meet that deadline, but rest assured Activision is going to be giving them all the resources they need to get the PS3 version there on day 1.

The contract states that if Bungie does not have enough resources to make a PS3 version, then it can be delayed.

It does not state that there needs to be some sort of timed exclusivity. Activision certainly doesn't want that.

It just gives Bungie some breathing room "cover your ass" card in case they can't meet that deadline, but rest assured Activision is going to be giving them all the resources they need to get the PS3 version there on day 1.

What did it say about next gen versions?

I've read people say it was time exclusive for next gen, not this.

CLEEK

You know what bias is? EDGE is UK bias

I love it when people say this. It's so absurd.

What might be happening is that seeing as their from the UK (like I am), they would have slightly different tastes to their American cousins. That's not bias. Just altercate differences.

I thought the next-gen details of the contract were pretty vague. I only recall specifics about current gen platforms.

There's still hope then.

I love it when people say this. It's so absurd.

What might be happening is that seeing as their from the UK (like I am), they would have slightly different tastes to their American cousins. That's not bias. Just altercate differences.

Of course silly me. It's a matter of taste of course, because UK games are so different that they automatically get a raise when compare to the rest of the world. Or Americans as you say.....

But yeah Polygon is totally bias because they sold ad space.

nib95

Banned
Who knows with all of these rumors, but I don't really trust Sony.

I went to E305. I didn't make it to Sony's press event, but I was at Microsoft's. A lot of people thought that Sony would steamroll Microsoft.

They showed that incredible-looking, but pre-rendered, video of Motorstorm and Killzone 2 at the press event and on the show floor. They also talked about dual 1080p HDMI outputs on the console, etc.

To be fair, Sony's actual games oust much of the stuff they initially showed off.

Case in point.

ps-meeting-2005-ps3-tech-demos-20060113035638995.jpg

928383_20050516_screen001.jpg

killzone4.jpg

final-fantasy-vii-technical-demo-for-ps3-20060119005758781-1376259.jpg

VS

eu4nd2.jpg

25fo86o.png

KZ3a.jpg

KZ3b.jpg

UC3a.jpg

Imo some of the visuals and tech showcased in Sony's actual games went above and over aspects of their original tech show case, not all of it, but a lot of it. Certainly more than I actually expected them to deliver on anyway.

This generation in particular has drawn more out of these consoles than I could have ever predicted. Which is even more reason I'm looking forward to these new consoles. I expect great things.

Yeah, but they paid them that for advertisement. You didn't actually read the admission?

Hardly, it's ad space.

I can point right now to a 6 that says they aren't biased.

You know what bias is? EDGE is UK bias, and they are on the clock. Giving a 6 when the whole world is giving 8s and 9s ain't bias my friend.

You keep talking about bias, when I never claimed they were. In my opinion every publication out there has bias, that's what defines they demographics.

You keep talking about bias, when I never claimed they were. In my opinion every publication out there has bias, that's what defines they demographics.

I was referring to those who say they are bias, wasn't accusing you of thinking it. I believe every writer out there has an opinion, and I also believe certain magazines are indeed biased. For example, Xbox World and PSM are biased. How can they not?

CLEEK

Why?

Because it makes it easier for certain people to discredit them? Unless proof of their bias is shown, all it is is children typing.

Because that's the very definition of conflict of interest. A conflict of interest doesn't mean there is bias, but there can be due to financial or relationship factors.

A conflict of interest occurs when an individual or organization is involved in multiple interests, one of which could possibly corrupt the motivation for an act in another.

Voice recognition algorithm. Kinect 1 voice was done in the cloud.

The cloud?

Because that's the very definition of conflict of interest. A conflict of interest doesn't mean there is bias, but there can be due to financial or relationship factors.

Sure, but call me when Polygon is running Xbox ads and they are giving MS games higher than average scores. By preemptively calling foul play based on ad space for an internet browser, in a videogame site, to me is childish.

Marked by or indicating a lack of maturity;

Ding-Ding

Why?

Thing is cant you see that something isn't right?.

MS paying a hell of alot of money to a website that was in the process of startup.

Then aegeis on here with posts referring to documents regarding MS's next gen console. So where did he get that from...MS?...A developer?...Either way you would think that someone is breaking an NDA.

Knowing MS, if an NDA was being broken, I would imagine their lawyers crawling so far up his arse, that it would be difficult to know where one ends and the other begins.

Yet he seems to release a bit of info every now and then that looks like its being stage managed

Something is a miss...

Problem with Karak is that he said he had this new info and waited for the day everybody was saying a "leak" about durango was gonna be posted.

Once that leak was posted, karak's "rep" kinda went downhill. Nothing could take so much time to write.

I take one flight, that lasts 19 hours, and I come back to over 20 more pages. I <3 you GAF. What has happened???

SPE is about to crack the case wide open on Polygon and Aegies, 7GBs of ram have been dedicated to Kinect, and "Wizard Jizz" has become the pinnacle of high-brow acerbic wit.

JaggedSac

Voice recognition algorithm. Kinect 1 voice was done in the cloud.

Are they not using TellMe anymore for Kinect 2? The RAM usage is going to be used to store a massive token dictionary?

Just booted up my program that I wrote that uses all of Kinect except for speech and it is using 100mb of RAM. So that is full skeletal tracking, 640x480@30fps rgb, and 640x480@30fps depth. I could be not lazy and see what kind of sizes each of these separate components take up, but I am not going to be. I might add speech recognition since it is simple and see what those libraries add.

i-Lo

This thread is devolving and spiralling down the drain.

I take one flight, that lasts 19 hours, and I come back to over 20 more pages. I <3 you GAF. What has happened???

Still awaiting more leaks from VGleaks about Orbis. The rest is pretty much insular and circular.

Banned
Also, if you say the 720 might be close to the PS4 you are being paid by MS to do so. We also found out that the PS4 has more RAM because the 720 will be using its RAM for Kinect and ads.

Toski

With all the talk of stacked RAM in the PS4, why wouldn't MS have access to this process? If Sony doesn't own a patent on it, I see no reason why MS wouldn't use it to increase bandwidth, or shrink their board.

Karak

Impossiburu. Did Karak ever prove he wasn't a fraud?

How about this. Since the dates and other stuff I have said has panned out. What in the future would you personally like me to ask and get info about. I mean. I admit I don't post hundreds of things so I can't cover the world in flak. But I can ask something. What exactly are you requesting?

Also I am not so sure why your being such a dick. I am sharing what I get. And though not as technical as you...I am not sure why mostly discussing dates or an HDMI passthrough has you so temperamental and...personal.

Problem with Karak is that he said he had this new info and waited for the day everybody was saying a "leak" about durango was gonna be posted.

Once that leak was posted, karak's "rep" kinda went downhill. Nothing could take so much time to write.

That is the oddest way to think. But this isn't about REP. Its about sharing exciting data or at least it is to me.

i-Lo

Also, if you say the 720 might be close to the PS4 you are being paid by MS to do so. We also found out that the PS4 has more RAM because the 720 will be using its RAM for Kinect and ads.

So that people may not notice your edit, you deleted that and made a new post repeating the same line.

Top Bottom