• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRAGON BALL FighterZ - Story Teaser Trailer

Neoxon

While I'd imagine that we'll get Tien & Yamcha gameplay footage this weekend, I'm still curious as to if 21 will be playable.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Bulma in her Super design. Also looks like 21 is the villain?
20b.gif

NotLiquid

Its the same story teaser as in the last trailer but with some more shots (mostly of the newly revealed characters and 21)

FluxWaveZ

ASW's trademark snappy animation works in gameplay, but it really does make characters look robotic in the story. It was the same in the Xrd story modes.

TreIII

Glad to see 21 looks to be another bad girl in a series that needs them. Looking cute while ruining your timeline!

Spinky

The dramatic ending with Goku lying on the ground has always cracked me up. As if there's the slightest possibility he could actually kick the bucket (for good).

With the apparent antagonist being a scientist, I hope Bulma plays a big role in the story mode since she most likely won't be a playable character. Genius scientist vs genius scientist.

Lol.....which in DBZ means nothing. Insane how in this series death literally means nothing. Only series I know where the main character dies in the first few episodes.

Don't forget, DBZ was just the way the anime was named, the manga stayed Dragon Ball all the way through, and so Goku's death at that point wasn't so early, lol.

But not the one we're waiting for.

711.gif

DLC at least pls

Also, the story looks very standard, almost generic, but that's obviously not the focus of this game, so I couldn't care less, tbh. I only wish ASW could've had the time to get to see the recent episodes of Super and adjusted the roster and move sets of certain characters accordingly... I really do still hope we'll get Roshi in this, but I highly doubt it.

andymcc

Banned
I'm curious how they're going to handle this. The story has to involve time travel since young Gohan is in this game, or he might not be in the story at all since he wasn't in either trailer.

i would bet adult gohan isn't in this trailer... because he hasn't be revealed yet!

Good thing about Super era designs is that it means we'll probably get best older Gohan. Tracksuit Gohan from RoF

I'm curious how they're going to handle this. The story has to involve time travel since young Gohan is in this game, or he might not be in the story at all since he wasn't in either trailer.

Some characters are probably in the game but not in Story Mode. Like Trunks, Frieza, Cell and young Gohan

So....

Did they delay the game?

They already said the game is coming out in February, but in this trailer it is "Early 2018"

Hopefully not...

i would bet adult gohan isn't in this trailer... because he hasn't be revealed yet!

Yeah I coudl see them using Adult or even Mystic Gohan as well.

Super aired a mere 2 months after Resurrection F released.

Let it go, this game is tied in to Super.

Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken.

Just for the record. Idc either way. But I've seen no indication of them using anything beyond the 2 most recent DBZ films. They really have been giving off the vibe that they're sticking with the core DBZ and are ignoring DB, GT, and Super and maybe even the non canon Z films.

Neoxon

Just for the record. Idc either way. But I've seen no indication of them using anything beyond the 2 most recent DBZ films. They really have been giving off the vibe that they're sticking with the core DBZ and are ignoring DB, GT, and Super and maybe even the non canon Z films.
Not only do SSJB Goku & Vegeta have moves from the Universe 6 & Future Trunks arcs, but your replays are viewed on GodTube (via Gowasu's TV no less). Hell, there's even a DBS Future Trunks emote for online lobbies.

Tbf that's dlc. I can definitely see them milking super characters for DLC but not having them in the base game. Also I wouldn't put attacks on the same level as characters.
They're in the base roster, you just have to unlock them. All the pre-order does is speed up the process.

Top Bottom