• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A New Trailer for Dragon Ball: Sparking! ZERO is dropping on January 28th

Fbh

DBZ fans, somehow, when they watch the new trailer for the 400th generic arena fighter
Happy Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

bitbydeath

Mike Myers No GIF

Proper fighters are where it’s at, it’s why Dragonball FighterZ was such a breath of fresh air for anime games.

Arena brawlers are clunky and basic most of the time.
It’s like the switch between GTA2 and GTA3, I get some prefer the simplicity of 2/2.5D, but 3D offers a lot more possibilities in terms of gameplay.

Doom85

It’s like the switch between GTA2 and GTA3, I get some prefer the simplicity of 2/2.5D, but 3D offers a lot more possibilities in terms of gameplay.

Possibilities don’t always equal quality.

Arena brawlers almost always lack the finesse and rewarding improving one’s skill that proper fighting games do. It’s why arena brawlers are pretty much a no show at EVO and such.

Regardless, anime fans haven’t been just eating good with arena brawlers, they’ve had a fucking feast. Dragonball, Naruto, Demon Slayer, My Hero Academia, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kill la Kill, etc. Meanwhile, Dragonball FighterZ was the only proper fighting game for an anime IP in well over a decade. Heaven forbid we try to balance things out a bit.

At least with One Piece and Fairy Tail, they got a RPG each recently so at least that’s something different. Dragonballl Breakers might have not worked, but at least it was unique for anime games. But at this point, yet another arena brawler feels like such a creatively bankrupt choice for anime games.

kiphalfton

Possibilities don’t always equal quality.

Arena brawlers almost always lack the finesse and rewarding improving one’s skill that proper fighting games do. It’s why arena brawlers are pretty much a no show at EVO and such.

Regardless, anime fans haven’t been just eating good with arena brawlers, they’ve had a fucking feast. Dragonball, Naruto, Demon Slayer, My Hero Academia, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kill la Kill, etc. Meanwhile, Dragonball FighterZ was the only proper fighting game for an anime IP in well over a decade. Heaven forbid we try to balance things out a bit.

At least with One Piece and Fairy Tail, they got a RPG each recently so at least that’s something different. Dragonballl Breakers might have not worked, but at least it was unique for anime games. But at this point, yet another arena brawler feels like such a creatively bankrupt choice for anime games.

It's been a long time.

I don't like turn-based games, but ironically the turn-based DBZ games are fairly well received.

I've heard good things about Attack of the Saiyans, and I believe there were a couple on Gameboy Color as well. I wouldn't really call them rpg's, but the legacy of Goku games were good and different as well.

I don't think most people really think about it, but a part of what makes Dragon Ball neat is the world and lore. The arena fighters feel hollow, as they don't translate that aspect well at all. Kakarot "tried" (wasn't a great effort with the world building), but ultimately failed partly because of how boring and generic the world was.

//DEVIL//

We will never get FighterZ 2 are we ? because that is my fav Dragon ball game of all time and I am not feeling this one. the cutscenes on FighterZ and the way it plays in 2D is superior to this series.

bitbydeath

Really? My love of the series went down the toilet after watching it. Fortunately it came back by rewatching DBZ.

But the real order is:

DB > DBZ > DBGT > DB Super
Did you watch the whole thing? The tournament saga is amazing, just watch that alone if you haven’t yet.

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

Tune in on January 28th for the Dragon Ball: Sparking! ZERO—"Goku VS Vegeta: Rivals Trailer"—will premiere on January 28 at 3:00 p.m. PT / 6:00 p.m. ET:

More or 100 characters!!!!
15 gokus
10 vegetas
5 Gohans
5 Ten shin han
8 Freezers
8 Majin boo
5 Cells
7 trunks.....

Top Bottom