• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

I take back that being the worst part, I had only fought the boss once and beat her when I write this.

I've had about 5 more attempts and random groups cannot grasp the mechanics or seem to do damage

Bring the Ignis or something with good punchthrough to hit the targets, and Frost with as much range as you can manage or Limbo. Shoot her with a secondary until she pops off into her viewing chamber, cast your respective bubble of safety and wait until the missiles stop (for Frost, keep casting as the globe's health hits 50-60%). Then stand on a button and hit the four targets on the spinning device, like how you started the assassination attempt. If you have the Ignis you just have to spray at the target until all four nodes are hit, you don't even really need to aim. Repeat twice.

She's not that hard but I could do without the spinning disk thing.

Cracklox

Do you have to do the Kela fight for a Chroma part now? Aren't they from completing junctions? I got all his pieces together a few months ago, and I've never fought Kela.

Semi-related, he's also the one frame that does pretty much zero for me. Got him to 30 (somewhat painfully) and shelved him. Unless he undergoes some pretty big changes, I've got no reason to dust him off either

Kela is my favorite boss fight but I'd hate to do her with randos. I've solo'd her a few times on Trinity but most my fights were duo with a friend. The part I hate the most is the spinning discs. You can tell it's made with mouse in mind.

Cracklox

You need a Saryn part to craft one of the Chroma parts, so yeah you have to fight Kela.

Hmmm interesting. I've def never fought her. I did have to go get the Frost part iirc, but I must've already had the Sharon part lying around from before the star chart rework.

I've probably complained about it before but they really need to buff login bonuses. They're completely worthless 95% the time. And that aside, I got my first 75% off on Monday after 200+ bonuses. Was hoping Harrow would drop so I can buy it for cheap and then get a Riven from the quest but apparently my luck was wasted.

Dunlop

Lucked in with a random group after work and got the Saryn systems after 2 attempts.

Fun mechanic when the group knows what they are doing

Kela is my favorite boss fight but I'd hate to do her with randos. I've solo'd her a few times on Trinity but most my fights were duo with a friend. The part I hate the most is the spinning discs. You can tell it's made with mouse in mind.

like i said, ignis

You don't have to worry about aim with a massive punchthrough cone like it has. Just spray until you hear all targets click into place. I can get all four buttons before the next bombardment comes down.

I won't use Ignis until they let us recolor wraith varients, because that's the one I have and fashion > utility.

Also dodging the bombardments is the fun part. It's actually the very first disc with the balls that's most annoying part of the boss for me.

Edit: I think my Trinity Prime may be about finished but not sure if I've the best mod setup. Currently she's...

Rejuvenation (5/5)
Cunning Drift (5/5)
Redirection (7/10)
Transient Fortitude (10/10)
Intensify (5/5)
Vampire Leech (3/3)
Quick Thinking (5/5)
Fleeting Expertise (5/5)
Primed Flow (10/10)
Stretch (5/5)

Obviously I plan to cap redirection but I need another 9k endo then another forma on her.

Is this a decent build or is there something better?

frizby

Edit: I think my Trinity Prime may be about finished but not sure if I've the best mod setup. Currently she's...

Rejuvenation (5/5)
Cunning Drift (5/5)
Redirection (7/10)
Transient Fortitude (10/10)
Intensify (5/5)
Vampire Leech (3/3)
Quick Thinking (5/5)
Fleeting Expertise (5/5)
Primed Flow (10/10)
Stretch (5/5)

Obviously I plan to cap redirection but I need another 9k endo then another forma on her.

Is this a decent build or is there something better?

It depends, I suppose, on what you're trying to accomplish. It looks like you're trying to make an EV build, and this build doesn't have enough range to be a proper EV. I'd definitely swap out Redirection for Overextended and Cunning Drift for Power Drift to get some of that power back. And I'd consider swapping out Quick Thinking for a mid level Blind Rage.

The other tanky build would be a more balanced build with an emphasis on duration and range so you can Link all the time.

Generally, I almost never run more than one defensive mod, and I don't think I have Redirection on any frame whatsoever. It's usually Quick Thinking or Vitality.

Overextended, Power Drift, and Blind Rage are of course three of the mods I am missing.

I've given up on the corrupted vault mods. Literally done over a hundred of them and haven't gotten some of the best (also missing Heavy Caliber for my Ignis). I could probably just trade for them but that's too much of a headache when you have no way of telling what's a fair price.

frizby

Overextended, Power Drift, and Blind Rage are of course three of the mods I am missing.

I've given up on the corrupted vault mods. Literally done over a hundred of them and haven't gotten some of the best (also missing Heavy Caliber for my Ignis). I could probably just trade for them but that's too much of a headache when you have no way of telling what's a fair price.

Power Drift should be super super easy to get. Blind Rage is pretty optional across the board. I rarely use it.

But Overextended is used, no exaggeration, on over half of my builds. It's a must have. Buy one if you must, or keep farming.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
I have an extra power drift and blind rage. Power drift is easy to find/get though. I had to trade for my overextended. Don't use it a lot though besides saryn for hilarious spore range.

frizby

I had to trade for my overextended. Don't use it a lot though besides saryn for hilarious spore range.

Holy smokes...play around with it a bit. It's kind of counterintuitive, because it cuts power strength so much, but crazy range has crazy consequences. Off the top of my head:

• Ember with that kind of range can walk with impunity through 99% of the game
  • Same for Equinox
  • Same for Volt
  • Rhino with range and duration...stomp is something like 60 meters with 14 second stasis
  • Oberon can cover most defense/interception maps entirely with Hallowed Ground
  • Quake Banshee
  • Saryn
  • Nuke Limbo
  • Every Loki build
  • Speed Nova
  • EV Trinity
  • Frost with crazy range and chilling globe is pretty fun

Probably a few others. Have fun!

Edit: There are probably only 10-15 frames I use with any regularity, and almost all are on this list.

frizby

What's a fair price for overextended? I don't trust the spam I get whenever I try asking trade chat.

Try to get one for 20. Don't pay more than 30.

Better yet, try to trade any duplicates of Fleeting or Narrow Minded for one.

Let me know when you'll be online if you want one for 20.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Eh ember's pretty squishy and gets insta gibbed in high level. Mostly use her to quick run starchart missions. Equinox I haven't used since she came out. Volt and rhino I haven't used in years though I can see how they could work. Oberon I prefer high power to get more armour for renewal. Banshee doesn't need range for hydron. Fuck limbo lol. Forgot about loki/speed nova have it on for those. My combined use % for reg/trin p is 0%. She's not even potatoed. Not a fan. And frost I have max eff to just spam globes. Stretch makes it big enough. Baro can bring dat primed stretch anytime though plz.

I dunno I'll around with it a bit more but I find it takes too much too make up for the power strength loss usually. My spore saryn is my only damage build atm where 70% eff doesn't matter much cuz I mostly use her 1st skill. And molt + zenistar disc.

Actually I have it on nekros too and still end up with 100% power strength. But he's kinda unique mod set up wise compared to most frames.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I just started the other week and really like it. Im still on Venus. Love the mod system and combat. Started on Excalibur, whats a good was frame to get next?

frizby

I just started the other week and really like it. Im still on Venus. Love the mod system and combat. Started on Excalibur, whats a good was frame to get next?

Excalibur is always the one I suggest people start with because you can install an Orolin Reactor on him without having to worry about a Prime version later. But I'd suggest sitting on your reactors, and navigating most of the planets with an un-reactored Rhino as suggested in previous post...and then focusing on getting a Rhino Prime while he's temporarily available.

And don't spend platinum on anything but Warframe slots for now.

For all you new guys, I do occassionally sell platinum at a deep discount to clan members. PM if you want to set up a trade.

frizby

Can I trade helmets or just BP? I have every single arcane helmet and wondering if I can make some plat off them or better off keeping them (especially if I don't have a choice).

missed this.

You can trade helmets. In fact, I think they can only be traded after they're built.

I'd keep a few:

Excalibur power strength
Frost power strength
Loki range
Rhino speed
Ember energy capacity
Banshee efficiency
Nyx efficiency
Volt power strength

And maybe Trinity duration if you want a non-EV build

VariantX

What's the best method for farming Endo. I need... an absolutely ridiculous amount. At least 200k to cap 5 more primed.

Do Rathuum on the highest difficulty with at least 2 players having nekros using desecrate. Equip something that procs slash like atterax to make extra pieces to desecrate. A Trinity will help keep your energy topped off and the 4th can be anyone really but there's always an optimal choice. You can get 5-600 endo pretty easily and I've seen streamers get 7-800 for like 3-4 minutes work.

Dunlop

If I sort by duplicates and dissolve all, does it only dissolve the duplicates and leave 1 mod?

Haven't really done this and have a ton of mods to dissolve into endo and just noticed I could do this in a big batch

VandalD

What are the best ways to earn credits at end game?
Raiding is the best way, along with doing your daily sorties if you can get them done reliably and quickly. Outside of those, Akkad, Eris to 5 waves, or The Index medium risk. Hieracon, Pluto can be good too, if you still need cryotic and endo.
If I sort by duplicates and dissolve all, does it only dissolve the duplicates and leave 1 mod?

Haven't really done this and have a ton of mods to dissolve into endo and just noticed I could do this in a big batch
It won't leave any unranked mods if you pick a stack of duplicates to dissolve or sell. You'll have to manually select all but one, or however many you want to keep.

Namikaze1

Woke up thinking my Hek shotty was ready for me to pick up.

Still have nearly 3 hours left on developing it. :(

Damn you game!

Now need to farm Neurodes. Need a Forma to get a new title from Steel Meridian.

A sortie assault probably wasn't the greatest idea for an intro to assault missions. Luckily I was able to still duo it with a friend. Got the stupid sculpture though which is worth fewer than the 4,000 endo award.

Ugh.

Denzel

Can I get invited to the guild and does anyone wanna play? Kind of a newer player. I played Warframe on ps4 at launch for around a week and dropped it until recently. I'm Mastery Rank 3.

PSN: ITSHiCLASYO

So holy shit I've gone deep with this game. I'm at 4 frames right now, Mag, Volt, Octavia and Ember. I can't believe how much fun I've been having. The loop is basically a MonHun loop, but with less grinding! The Fragor is hilarious when it sends assholes flying and the dual heat swords with the tiger stance mod is amazing. I finally got a handle on the mod system and it's slowly but surely clicking into place. Actually spent money on a cosmetic, One of Mag's helmets. (The infinite void was getting to me.)

If anyone has a clan that's recruiting and active, I'd be happy to join.

PSN: B1ue_ic3CrS

I am having a joy with this game.

I've probably got 600 hours into this game and there are still places on the maps I cannot figure out how the hell to get into, and the game makes it impossible to search for a walkthrough on any particular one.

For example there's a corpus room that's like three levels and three bridges. At the bottom level there's always a locked room in one corner that shows up on the map. I can actually pull the codex scanner and see the destructible in it. But I've had to at least spent 20 minutes between several encounters with the room where I am absolutely unable to find anyway to get into it. It's not a huge deal or anything but when I'm farming syndicate medallions it pisses me off when I can't find one because it's probably in it.

Note to self: Just do radiation hazard sorties solo on Limbo.

Edit: Ran into the dumbest/funniest glitch I've seen. In the last sortie mission I glitched in the cutscene and afterwards my frame had no head and the only way I could move is via bullet jumping until the end of the mission. Still beat it and got 4,000 endo. Only 240k more endo to go wooo.....

Top Bottom