• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gundam |OT2| Another 5 years of Gunpla, Origins, and GUNDAMUUUU!

duckroll

Tomorrow:

DJHBLpqUMAAGQby.jpg:orig

Blader

I'm onboard with a remake of 0079 for the 40th anniversary, just as long as they ditch the Origin director. The direction is absolutely awful and I would hate for the long-awaited 0079 facelift to be poisoned from the start with a bad director.

Sometimes I feel like enjoying The Origin and Thunderbolt puts me in the minority in the UC fanbase.

Granted I haven't read the manga, but I really think it's top notch stuff. Maybe not top 5 Gundam entries for me, but I really don't get a large amount of the complaints, particularly with the pacing in regards to The Origin. The only issue I had was that Episode IV kind of just ends, but luckily we're getting two more episodes to rectify that.

Sometimes I feel like enjoying The Origin and Thunderbolt puts me in the minority in the UC fanbase.

Granted I haven't read the manga, but I really think it's top notch stuff. Maybe not top 5 Gundam entries for me, but I really don't get a large amount of the complaints, particularly with the pacing in regards to The Origin. The only issue I had was that Episode IV kind of just ends, but luckily we're getting two more episodes to rectify that.

There's quite a few people still salty about all the mecha animation being done in 3DCG.

Dunno if anyone cares, but https://hlj.com/ is offering 1/100 MG kits with Premium Decals. They seem to be about the same price as the normal version of the kits, or cheaper. I don't have the money, but I figured I'd mention it in case anyone was looking for a new build.

They have:
1/100 MG ZZ Gundam Ver.Ka w/Premium Decal
1/100 MG V2 Gundam Ver.Ka w/Premium Decal
1/100 MG Full Armor Unicorn Gundam Ver.Ka w/Premium Decal
1/100 MG MSN-06S Sinanju Ver.Ka w/Premium Decal
1/100 MG Nu Gundam Ver.Ka w/Premium Decal
1/100 MG MSN-04 Sazabi Ver.Ka w/Premium Decal
1/100 MG Hi-Nu Gundam Ver.Ka w/Premium Decal

wow you have a good eye. i played journey to jaburo earlier this year and didn't notice that.

I used to have a lot of trouble with the final campaign mission where you fight the Zock right after Char's Z'Gok but then again I was like 10 when I last played it.

They actually reanimated quite a few scenes from 0079 for the game, so if you're curious about what a late 90's/early 2000s remake of the original Gundam would look like, this is probably your best bet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z69uE3nxAVQ

AALLx

Great episode, anything with Minato Sakai is gold. Winning Fumina and Hyper Gyanko next episode?

With the release of the MG ZZ Ver. Ka, I hope they also start making MG releases of the Tryon and Dryon.

I don't think it was as enjoyable as the first episode, if only because it doesn't really do anything new, but I can't say no to some more TDryon III shenanigans.

Battlelogue episode 2 was good but I did not get the same epic feeling I got from the 1st episode. That white Sinanju is damn sexy though. Looks like episode 3 is more Try stuff with Gyanko and Fumina. Kind of would have liked more OG Build Fighter episodes even though we just got GM Counterattack but oh well.

i just watched both seasons of double oh gundam.

i don't understand the hate for the 2nd season. it feels just like it continued off from the 1st season. i thought it went the way it was being foreshadowed in season 1. i can't stand the Newtype outer body endings so this was typical gundam anti climatic ending.

i just wish the last guy
was the mercenary, he was so much better villain than anyone and deserved to be the final fight with 00 raiser

duckroll

After ogling at the Vertical Inc releases for Gundam the Origin at Kinokuniya for years, I finally bid the bullet and ordered the first four volumes from Amazon with my last order. It arrived yesterday. It's so fucking good. The effort they put into the English release is insane.

with GM counterattack, does it mean reiji can go back and forth between world again now? so we can maybe have adult Reiji for Try timeline in the future?

Daingurse

I finally started watching my Blu-Ray copy of The 08th MS Team, and oh my god is this thing is gorgeous. What a great transfer! Been many years since I've seen it, but I've always held this series up as my favorite Gundam show.

i don't understand the hate for the 2nd season. it feels just like it continued off from the 1st season. i thought it went the way it was being foreshadowed in season 1. i can't stand the Newtype outer body endings so this was typical gundam anti climatic ending.

i just wish the last guy
was the mercenary, he was so much better villain than anyone and deserved to be the final fight with 00 raiser

Season 2 of 00 kinda just exacerbated the issues of the first season. Like characters who weren't particularly interesting to begin with somehow became even less interesting.

I really like 00, will defend the first season till the day I die, and despite being ok with the second season I still feel that it dropped the ball.

Can't say much about the movie, except I love the Harute.

duckroll

I'm onboard with a remake of 0079 for the 40th anniversary, just as long as they ditch the Origin director. The direction is absolutely awful and I would hate for the long-awaited 0079 facelift to be poisoned from the start with a bad director.

Replying to a week old post, but I've seen this opinion from you several times now, and honestly, I have to ask - Have you ever read Origin itself? Because I don't think what you want and what fans expect from a full adaptation of Origin are the same things. :p

Season 2 of 00 kinda just exacerbated the issues of the first season. Like characters who weren't particularly interesting to begin with somehow became even less interesting.

I really like 00, will defend the first season till the day I die, and despite being ok with the second season I still feel that it dropped the ball.

Can't say much about the movie, except I love the Harute.
i think it's some reverse effect of reading this thread since i read negative comments on here before watching 00... my expectations were so low for season 2 that it turned out not so bad. i thought it was a step above SEED Destiny. There was no constant crying and yelling ny the main character. lol

I think this is the general consensus on the movie as a whole lol. Seems to have gotten the most recognition from the movie with all the nonsense in it, that says a lot.
i'm going to watch the movie next. i'm all tapped out tonight after burning through the whole season 2 in 2 days.

i just wish the last guy

It's not as bad as SEED Destiny, but I feel like the new direction it took was a bit of a disappointment compared to S1. It loses the moral ambiguity of S1 with the new villain faction basically being a bad knockoff of the Titans. They tried to introduce more romantic elements, but they were all terrible. The mecha designs IMO weren't as good. I'm not a fan of the GN-X derived designs.

I seem to remember kind of liking the climax and ending with the
0 Gundam and Exia facing off

Dunno if anyone cares, but https://hlj.com/ is offering 1/100 MG kits with Premium Decals. They seem to be about the same price as the normal version of the kits, or cheaper. I don't have the money, but I figured I'd mention it in case anyone was looking for a new build.

They have:
1/100 MG ZZ Gundam Ver.Ka w/Premium Decal
1/100 MG V2 Gundam Ver.Ka w/Premium Decal
1/100 MG Full Armor Unicorn Gundam Ver.Ka w/Premium Decal
1/100 MG MSN-06S Sinanju Ver.Ka w/Premium Decal
1/100 MG Nu Gundam Ver.Ka w/Premium Decal
1/100 MG MSN-04 Sazabi Ver.Ka w/Premium Decal
1/100 MG Hi-Nu Gundam Ver.Ka w/Premium Decal
I've heard the V2 is quite difficult to build which is sad considering that might be my favorite Gundam. Are there any in this list that would be alright for someone whose just built 3 MGs only? I've had my eye on the Sazabi (non ver ka) and the Nu for a while.

It's not as bad as SEED Destiny, but I feel like the new direction it took was a bit of a disappointment compared to S1. It loses the moral ambiguity of S1 with the new villain faction basically being a bad knockoff of the Titans. They tried to introduce more romantic elements, but they were all terrible. The mecha designs IMO weren't as good. I'm not a fan of the GN-X derived designs.

I seem to remember kind of liking the climax and ending with the
0 Gundam and Exia facing off
i definitely loved that climax
with Exia vs. 0 gundam and was so hyped but the narrator cuts in right when they start charging each other with swords and the girl starts narrating the ending..... so disappointing, let them finish the fight before talking narrator!!! just spoiled the mood

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Replying to a week old post, but I've seen this opinion from you several times now, and honestly, I have to ask - Have you ever read Origin itself? Because I don't think what you want and what fans expect from a full adaptation of Origin are the same things. :p
100% this.

Origin is soooo good. I would be excited for them to continue. Origin V is getting high praise and I cannot wait to see it.

okayyy i just finished double oh movie.... huh??

how did it end? why does this show keep doing this? i'm not sure how they decided to wrap up series or the movie but it just too sudden and no clear dialogue.

did someone in the editing room get fired? seems like they just ran out of room and cut everything out. honestly felt like i was watching F91.

Ceallach

00 as a whole just seems like a waste of potential. Seasons 2 and the film both just kind of flopped.

The 00 movie blow was softened though as Unicorn started that same year and kind of ate everything's lunch.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
00 Season 2 commits the worst crime a bad show can. It's boring. Any goodwill the legitimately entertaining season one generates evaporates a few episodes in. The crazy part about it is that 00 Season 2 is as boring as it is despite how many truly wackjob concepts are in play. None of the characters give a shit, they are just going down the road to the boring finale.

SEED DESTINY is many things, bad among them, but it's not boring. AGE is also fantastically boring but at least it has the good sense to switch things up. 00 Season 2 just keeps getting worse and worse, peaking with the movie which is hard to watch without falling asleep.

Ceallach

SEED Destiny isn't boring because it is rage inducingly bad. Like it gets worse and worse and then you hit the wedding episode and you don't think it couldn't possibly get any worse and it does. It just gets so much worse.

Anyways, jp anitwitter having a field day with iphone X.
DJlLtjTXUAAsmeN.jpg:large

DJG7G3QV4AAgTF2.jpg

okayyy i just finished double oh movie.... huh??

how did it end? why does this show keep doing this? i'm not sure how they decided to wrap up series or the movie but it just too sudden and no clear dialogue.

did someone in the editing room get fired? seems like they just ran out of room and cut everything out. honestly felt like i was watching F91.
You would think reading my posts of me bitching about how bad it is would keep people from doing the stupid thing like actually watching it. At the very least you survived it with enough mental and mechanical functions to continue posting on this forum.

00 as a whole just seems like a waste of potential. Seasons 2 and the film both just kind of flopped.

The 00 movie blow was softened though as Unicorn started that same year and kind of ate everything's lunch.
I agree. Season 2, even though it has its moments mainly the final battle between 0 Gundam and the 00 Gundam, the rest of it just was boring. Season 1 was really just a breath of fresh air and interesting to watch after the debacle of Seed Destiny. Plus visually other than Gundam Unicorn it is the most beautiful and crisp Gundam show to date. The movie is just yeah, I really do not know what they were thinking when they made it.

00 Season 2 commits the worst crime a bad show can. It's boring. Any goodwill the legitimately entertaining season one generates evaporates a few episodes in. The crazy part about it is that 00 Season 2 is as boring as it is despite how many truly wackjob concepts are in play. None of the characters give a shit, they are just going down the road to the boring finale.

SEED DESTINY is many things, bad among them, but it's not boring. AGE is also fantastically boring but at least it has the good sense to switch things up. 00 Season 2 just keeps getting worse and worse, peaking with the movie which is hard to watch without falling asleep.
i honestly thought season 2 was decent. maybe i wanted to know more about the character plus i was bingeing and plowing straight through so boredom couldn't set in.

Destiny was bad. perhaps. watching it back to back after Seed was the worse thing bc it was a re-hash. for me Destiny wasn't a season 2 but season 1.2 retell.

Now you know the pain.
yeah, the movie was bad...

but i pre-ordered Metal Build Qan T!
You would think reading my posts of me bitching about how bad it is would keep people from doing the stupid thing like actually watching it. At the very least you survived it with enough mental and mechanical functions to continue posting on this forum.
i thought Seasons 1+2 were ok,
with season 1 being stronger while 2 seemed trapped in maintaining the characters storyline,

the plot was so copy and paste previous gundams which i agree was bad and predictable.

I agree. Season 2, even though it has its moments mainly the final battle between 0 Gundam and the 00 Gundam, the rest of it just was boring. Season 1 was really just a breath of fresh air and interesting to watch after the debacle of Seed Destiny. Plus visually other than Gundam Unicorn it is the most beautiful and crisp Gundam show to date. The movie is just yeah, I really do not know what they were thinking when they made it.
Unicorn was cool but didn't like the ending at all. when they found the secret box. just vert anti climatic and no cool big revelation.

Turn A had a cool reveal. the knowledge of the dark times i could really get into and the origins of X and A

I can tell it bored you enough to not pay attention, the end fight was 0 Gundam vs. Exia.
:p
i hated how that fight was cut short. like how the movie ended.

Top Bottom