• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Andromeda will be coming to EA Access

I remember when this gen started and the first games dropped,I was like "New gen Mass Effect will be huge and blow my mind" how I was deluded,did not play yet,because of the all mess,waiting a PSN sale for like >10U$,I hate you EA

Having never completed Mass Effect 1, will it still be fun to play this? As, is it a new story that doesn't require me to know what happened with the trilogy?

Having never completed Mass Effect 1, will it still be fun to play this? As, is it a new story that doesn't require me to know what happened with the trilogy?

You’re fine, although considering the Andromeda arc is being left for dead, you’re almost better off going back and playing Mass Effect 1-3 via EA Access.

If you really want to play this for the story and characters (this will sound really crazy, blasphemous even), play Andromeda first and then play the Trilogy. That's what I think. I just believe that you will be left wanting if you play Andromeda last.

blakep267

And to think I paid full price for this. I should have just kept on playing WoW instead if I knew I could play it for a few dollars in the same year.
Umm that's always the case though. Most games come to EA access about 7 months after release, with Battlefield/ Battlefront being closer to 9 at times

FZW

The trial itself is 10 hours of play but I meant how many days before Nov 17th can I play it

The Trial will be a available a week before Nove 17 and it doesnt go away. You can still play the trial months after its released as long as you havent used up your 10 hours.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
Is the game really that bad or is just cool to hate on it?

It's the Onimusha 4 of Mass Effect games. In the future, people will attempt to pretend the game didn't exist at worst. At best, they'll recommend the trilogy and say 'Mass Effect: Andromeda has fun gameplay but isn't the same/wasn't made by the same studio' to justify why you shouldn't group it with the first 3.

Canadian

I'm really curious to play more of it. I've only played a little from EA access and while the story didn't hook me I did enjoy the combat at least.

I'm glad EA access exists, I've played Battlefront, Need for Speed, Battlefield 1, Unravel and Mirrors Edge all this year.

Arklite

I'm glad EA access exists, I've played Battlefront, Need for Speed, Battlefield 1, Unravel and Mirrors Edge all this year.

Damn, I completely forgot about Mirror's Edge 2. EA has had some big misses lately. That said I think Access users might be surprised with Andromeda. It's on shaky ground but its a fine sci-fi adventure taken on its own merits (and a bit of techincal slack).

shimon

My thoughts too. It's a solid 7/10 game, very flawed game but I still had fun from start to finish.

If you try to do EVERYTHING in this game it's not a 7,hell no. I say it's a 5. But if you skip certain type of quests (I'm sure people know what I mean) I could see this being a 7 although for me it's a 6 probably.

Kind of regretting spending full price on this game now. I don't think it's as horrible as a lot of people on here think it is (if I had to give it a score it would be a 6 or 7/10), but it definitely wasn't as memorable as the original trilogy or even Dragon Age Inquisition as far as story, characters, and music goes. The best thing about Andromeda was the combat and even that could get boring after a while since you can only use 3 skills at a time.

And holy crap, I really hope Bioware goes with the quality over quantity route with the next games. Andromeda's side quests, aside from the "loyalty missions", are only slightly higher in quality than Inquisition. Persona 5, shows you can have a good quality game with tons of content without having these huge open maps with barely anything in them.

sangreal

I hope this means they will patch it for the X

already own this game but feel pretty burned by their decision to drop all support for it

tebunker

Banned
I remember when this gen started and the first games dropped,I was like "New gen Mass Effect will be huge and blow my mind" how I was deluded,did not play yet,because of the all mess,waiting a PSN sale for like >10U$,I hate you EA

I just bought the deluxe version for $10 new on Amazon for PS4.

I figure I can get $10 of enjoyment outta it and let my brother borrow and do the same before I chuck it ina. pile to get some extra % when the next Great gamestop trade in debacle happens in the next six months.

I have been side eyeing Origin access for a while niw and may just finally bite.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

I'm not sure if EA is really to blame here... they gave Bioware Montreal 5 years of development and even then that wasn't enough. The bad management of Bioware Montreal is the big culprit I believe. Didn't they waste like 3 years by just throwing ideas, testing shit, starting over, etc. before they start creating the game we finally got?

lefty1117

Gold Member
This was a game where hating on it to seem cool became as much of a deterrent than the actual gameplay issues.

Is it as good as ME2 or 3? No. Is it as terrible as is being made out? No. I'd rate it between 7.5 to 8 based on PC Gamer's descriptions. 7 = a good title, with some flaws - worth checking out.

Spurs

Neo Member
It's Ok, just ok. It's not terrible, it's just a massive dissapointment in every regard

I recently started playing ME3 again and honestly I feel it's leaps and bounds ahead of Andromeda

EA Access deserves more attention. I may just stop buying EA games altogether lol. First Titanfall 2, now this. Plus, I sold my copy of BF1 since it got added. I was in for the sports games, but this is almost too good to be true.

Oh wait, I can pay 4 euros only to play Andromeda and the sims 4, the games that killed 2 franschies I love becuase of how bad their sequels where?
Sims maybe is not dead, but holy shit if the last game killed the potential the other 3 games had.

I really still want to test andromeda and do a playthrough, I need an adventure create your own character game again.

EDIT
I suppose you dont keep them once that month passes right? Just like PSN.

tariniel

EA Access seeming like a decently value lately, there's several games I'd try. At this point, my monthly data cap is more prohibitive to me than the cost of EA Access itself. If I download Battlefield 1, Titanfall 2, and ME:A, I think that's about a quarter of my monthly data allowance...? I get 1TB from Cox. Those aren't even all the games I'd want to try, but I suppose I could just download 1 or 2 per month. Man this shit sucks.

Odd question but can you send your male and female Ryder looks to the Bioware server and use it on another console or PC? I might get the EA Access vwrsioj but I love how my male, female and even papa Ryder look.

Just the look preset not the level or experience.

StereoVsn

Interesting. While I have no interest in MEA, Titanfall 2, Aragami, Mirrors Edge 2, Rebel Galaxy and couple others might be worth a sub for a year to Origin Access.

Top Bottom