• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
VGL was interesting. I saw it 3 or 4 years ago.

Honestly loved the Zelda Symphony more.

Yes, Symphony of the Goddess was the much better experience for me. Apparently Distant Worlds is quite good as well.

Speaking of.. anyone attending Symphony of the Goddess on the 20th? We wouldn't have gone a second time merely because we don't have the disposable income to throw around, but someone just had to buy us tickets. Not that I should be complaining..

wTcjWpA.jpg

Vancouver fan is not impressed lol

whitehawk

Banned
Worst part about VGL is that they still finish with Still Alive. Seriously? Portal came out in 2007. Come up with something cooler. I just shake my head when they pull out the acoustic guitar and everyone starts waving their cell phones.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I had thought about making the trip down to go to the Zelda Symphony thing. But as much as I love Zelda games, I don't know too much of its music.

Roto13

Worst part about VGL is that they still finish with Still Alive. Seriously? Portal came out in 2007. Come up with something cooler. I just shake my head when they pull out the acoustic guitar and everyone starts waving their cell phones.

Well, five years ago they were closing with the intro from Chrono Cross, so idk

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

One Winged Angel for me in 2007. I'm not the biggest fan. Now if they went out with Dancing Mad..

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Our backdoor was actually wide open for a little bit today.

Still cold but warm enough after that bullshit we've had that the cold didn't even matter.

Baseball season is right around the corner!

Quick

Banned

Still cold but warm enough after that bullshit we've had that the cold didn't even matter.

I'm hyped for the Jays!
to disappoint me again!

Renewed

Yes, Symphony of the Goddess was the much better experience for me. Apparently Distant Worlds is quite good as well.

Speaking of.. anyone attending Symphony of the Goddess on the 20th? We wouldn't have gone a second time merely because we don't have the disposable income to throw around, but someone just had to buy us tickets. Not that I should be complaining..

I've been battling the thought of going because I have no one to go with. Had the same experience with Madoka: Rebellion but went anyways. But here it's a bit more costly and the time seems a bit troublesome for me.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Kuro my man, dat sunlight!

cp2.gif
maxresdefault.jpg

It's beautiful...!

I was actually in a pretty good mood today. Sun is out and not cold. Can't wait for the nice clothes to come out.
and for THE NHL draft to come

:( I'd go with you guys....
One Winged Angel for me in 2007. I'm not the biggest fan. Now if they went out with Dancing Mad..
Love dancing mad. I play it all the time in FF:CC.

So your back door was open, eh?
I'm hyped for the Jays!
to disappoint me again!
TORONTO SPORTS!
Dat top 5 hitters in the lineup doe.

jamie-foxx.gif
KESSEL could be a top five scorer in the league. It doesn't mean shit.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Against my better judgment Jonah Keri got me vaguely optimistic by picking them to win the AL East :^(
Don't disappoint yourself. TORONTO SPORTS!

We were supposed to 'win the world series' a few years back and didn't even make the playoffs.

I believe there may be a toronto curse

zroid

Banned
I enjoy Spring Training. The players try (well, the guys fighting for a roster spot do, anyway), and there's no bitter disappointment. It's like meaningful meaningless baseball.

mr.rager

I enjoy Spring Training. The players try (well, the guys fighting for a roster spot do, anyway), and there's no bitter disappointment. It's like meaningful meaningless baseball.

It's fun seeing what could be with the young pitchers. Norris and Sanchez looks good so far. I hope Sanchez eventually ends up in the rotation instead of the pen, dude is pretty good. Still need a 2b, legit closer and a cf though =/ Kinda sad they let Casey go, his second half was ass but I blame that on the food poisoning.

zroid

Banned
It's fun seeing what could be with the young pitchers. Norris and Sanchez looks good so far. I hope Sanchez eventually ends up in the rotation instead of the pen, dude is pretty good. Still need a 2b, legit closer and a cf though =/ Kinda sad they let Casey go, his second half was ass but I blame that on the food poisoning.

Yeah sad to lose Casey even though he might be declining. Well, if he had to land elsewhere, I'm glad it's the Nats.

soultron

Banned
People were yelling out portal references before it even started. I asked the GF if she was OK with leaving before it even began.

A lot of it was kind of embarrassing, IMO. Distant Worlds felt much classier, comfortable in its own skin, and less like it was pandering to its audience with shitty "we are gamers yay" humour.

The part where they showed someone else's shitty YouTube videos, and SubZero kills Donkey Kong and then decapitated Daisy (I think she's in DK?) made me think, "holy shit, is this what video games still are to so many people?"

Sober

People were yelling out portal references before it even started. I asked the GF if she was OK with leaving before it even began.

A lot of it was kind of embarrassing, IMO. Distant Worlds felt much classier, comfortable in its own skin, and less like it was pandering to its audience with shitty "we are gamers yay" humour.

The part where they showed someone else's shitty YouTube videos, and SubZero kills Donkey Kong and then decapitated Daisy (I think she's in DK?) made me think, "holy shit, is this what video games still are to so many people?"
Man wait till I tell you about my opinion on video game t-shirts (spoilers: most of them are terrible, but they sell anyway).

Roto13

Ha ha what if Mario is just hallucinating because he's on 'shrooms guys

ha ha the cake is a lie ha ha arrow to the knee

ha ha ha

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I don't know why people are surprised about VGL. What did you expect from a show co-created by Tommy Tallarico?

jokkir

That's a major reason why I don't want to go to VGL lol. There was also yelling during the Zelda Symphony when I went :\

Roto13

I don't know why people are surprised about VGL. What did you expect from a show co-created by Tommy Tallarico?

I never even heard of him until like two days before the show I went to. My editor said "Ok, I'm doing an interview with Tommy Tallarico. Who wants to come and hold the camera?" and I was like "I'll do it. Who's Tommy Tallarico?" So I had to Google him before we left the hotel, just in case.

I have a picture with him but I'm all sweaty and gross in it because fuck LA to death. #TeamBreathableAir

Sober

This sums it up pretty well.
VG t-shirts are tacky as fuck, I'm coming back from PAX East this year with only buying the official T-shirt with the year on it. Other than like maybe 2 or 3 decent, subtle gaming t-shirts I had not bought from the typical PAX vendors, man, the stuff they sell you would not want to wear to anything except at PAX or to a gaming store. I wouldn't even want to be caught dead wearing that stuff to a GAF meetup.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
That really sucks hearing about the talking and stupid jokes at a concert. I really shouldn't be surprised though... It does severely dampen the desire to go to any of them if it is like that.

And fuck y'all! I shall wear my Monster Hunter shirt with pride and pour Coors Lite on all of you at the next meet up! :mad:

ahdurian

Literally seeing the streetcar timer at Bathurst go from 6 minutes to 10 minutes, and then when it reaches to 4 minutes it goes up to 7 minutes. It's done this three times.
Line up is already a double line to the doors and then a spiral of like 70 people.

Willectro

Banned
Literally seeing the streetcar timer at Bathurst go from 6 minutes to 10 minutes, and then when it reaches to 4 minutes it goes up to 7 minutes. It's done this three times.
Line up is already a double line to the doors and then a spiral of like 70 people.

Don't worry, new streetcars are going to somehow fix that...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The good thing about the new streetcars is that they're long enough to service two stops at the same time.

ahdurian

Don't worry, new streetcars are going to somehow fix that...
I wish I could like that like on Facebook.
This is such a common occurrence at Bathurst and they insist on streetcars here? Meanwhile the northbound side has a lineup of two buses at all times

soultron

Banned
I am melting. Need to shed some of these layers.

Finally clued into the fact that Distant Worlds existing is why VGL isn't allowed to use Squaresoft imagery on stage when doing their tunes. Makes sense.

explodet

Don't know if it's because of the temperature or daylight savings or something else, but I only got 4 hours of sleep and I'm completely discombobulated.

If you see some dude downtown staggering around biting people, it's because I've succumbed to the virus and will be turning this place into Raccoon City, just like in the second Resident Evil movie.

Top Bottom