• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club |OT| Go for the shins! THE SHINS!!

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
scoSesQ.png

It's magical.

Nintendo said:
Head up your own football team and shoot for the top! Nintendo Pocket Football Club puts you in the manager’s seat at your very own football club – can you keep the crowds chanting and guide your pint-sized players from the lower leagues to the wonders of the world stage?

jXGWNuN.jpg
iQJSBgY.jpg

Available on the eShop now - 3,000+ blocks download.

UK £10.79 until 1st May - then £13.49
EU €11.99 until 1st May - then €14.99
AU $15.60 until 1st May - then $19.50
NZ ?

North America - No idea.

DLC teams are purchasable regarding better team stats / unlock cards:

just unlocked the special dlc teams

Seems like there are 3 of them.
Attack Team, Defence Team(1.49 euro each), Nerd Team (2.49 euro)

After buying one of the teams you can fight them in a practice and friendly match. After the match you get the 'recipe' for a special training card combo and the cards for that combo. It is just an added bonus and not a must have since you get the cards anyways during matches.

The only benefit is that you get a new recipe everytime without having to try out different cards.

The nerd team, I don't really know what it does, the describtion says something like that it is a really weak team but they get stronger over time.

-TRAINING & SPECIAL COMBOS-

With each game that your team plays against any opposition, they are awarded cards based on random? situations that arise within the game. These cards are then used to boost your player's abilities once per week. At times when certain cards are combined together in a training session then a special combo is unlocked that will boost their stats more than when a typical card is used.

With the help of the community, here is what we have listed so far:

Dudes!

I've made a Shared Spreadsheet with all the combos in the OP and a bunch from the NPFC thread on Gamefaqs. I haven't filled in the columns for the stats that get boosted as it was getting time consuming, but it's an open spreadsheet, so if someone has the time to start filling them in then go nuts.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17LnbSWJsP53Ip5uZ1rQBx7kB-wa4dmfxrId7ctq0V4U/edit?usp=sharing

Pand: Updated list, added everyone

Robin64

Reminds me of a Kairosoft game so much. Launch discount is nice too.

Looks like the kind of game you can have on the desk next to you while you do important things on your PC, like work or Photoshop or Warcraft.

ngower

I need this to come out in the US. Please, NoA! It's also a World Cup year, you can work that into your advertising and sell massive amounts of this game to the influx of new soccer fans that inevitably buy soccer games post-World Cup.

D_prOdigy

Downloaded. Bit pricey tho.

Will try to get lots of work done today so I can enjoy it tonight.

Struggling to think of a decent team name.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Any user or website reviews?

Boney

Banned
The fact that this isn't up for America is a travesty, make use of the World Cup fever dammit.

Somebody post the superplay video it's hilarious

Litri

Are we Europeans gonna get a stats website like the japanese one? Got a couple of friends who played the original and the japanese website is still live after almost three years, LOL!

Are there still people playing the game in Japan?

Atram

Are we Europeans gonna get a stats website like the japanese one? Got a couple of friends who played the original and the japanese website is still live after almost three years, LOL!

Yes, but is not working atm.

Nintendo EU have stated they will be setting a website up which I assume should go live too today?

http://microsite.nintendo-europe.com/NPFC/enGB/ (still not launched yet but maybe this should be added to OP for when it is?)

Also lol NOE should hold this to ransom till we get Rusty's Real Deal and Disney's Magical World.

Robin64

Interesting the Japanese name of Calciobit is a mix of two words meaning "a little bit of football". Probably could've kept the term for us in some capacity (though not as the main title).

Interesting the Japanese name of Calciobit is a mix of two words meaning "a little bit of football". Probably could've kept the term for us in some capacity (though not as the main title).

Nintendo did downloadable titles for DSi Called "Little bit of Brain Training" and other stuff that came exclusively bundled with DSiXL models. So would sound a little too close to that (even if that's technically already history anyway)

Atram

would buy the shit out of this if NoA would let me

and I'm not even into soccer

Maybe it takes more time because Nintendo needs to exchange every "football" with "soccer" for our US Friends :D

They need to rename this titel too in "Nintendo Pocket Soccer Club"

Played a few matches so far, it's a lot of fun even if the starting team is rubbish! The card system makes it feel more like an RPG than the likes of Football Manager and the visual style is great too.

Randdalf

Quick question. I'm out of space on my 3DS SD card, if I delete Ace Attorney to free up blocks will it keep the save data?

Top Bottom