• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club |OT| Go for the shins! THE SHINS!!

Codeblue

I'm hoping they're just saving this until we get closer to the World Cup. There's no reason not to put up a digital game that's already been translated.

They'll probably release it after testing the waters with the European version. There's no good reason not to.

And as I'm writing I'm winning the third game 4-0 at half time. My guy just scored from the midfield. Loving it.

D_prOdigy

Ready for La Decima, boys

BlcdC6rCcAEZk9W.jpg

kubus

Yay glad to see an OT was made! Very curious to hear more impressions.

I'm not particularly interested in football myself (I love Inazuma Eleven though) but the boyfriend is a huge FIFA fanatic. The only thing he ever plays in FIFA is the career mode, so this game seems right up his alley. When I told him about it, he said he hates Football Manager ("spreadsheet simulator") and he thinks it's the same kind of game.

Could any of you who bought this game shed some light on how much of the gameplay is tweaking numbers and watching statistics? I might just buy it myself and let him try it.

Any Streetpass functionality in this?
NoA will probably release it in NA...why not?

In a World Cup year it would be insanity! :)

Even if their countries do not have an official Nintendo presence there's a lot of South American's with US/Canadian accounts who would buy the hell out of this game! I'm from the UK and i know how crazy for football SA is! A decent footy management game in a world cup year would...

World Cup year - check
World Cup in Brazil - check
World Cup in South America - check
South America likes Football - CHECK!

My brain hurts... and that's not accounting for the popularity of Soccer in the US these days compared to a decade ago.

I hope the EU is a test release or can someone explain how NOA could not see how a release would be worth a go?

fred

Just played my first game, Real Madras Vs Colt City in a pre-season friendly and won 1-0.

I like this game lol

Also very happy that the game has the formation names right 4-5-1 with 2 defensive central midfielders isn't 4-2-3-1, it's 4-5-1 with 2 defensive central midfielders.

Really like the music so far too.

deroli

This looks interesting. I've been looking for football games for my daily commute for a while (for for for) and also enjoyed those traditional manager games on pc. I don't need super complex tactics or training features, as long as I can form my club and have a bit of influence on how the team and the players perform. Will wait for user reviews, especially regarding long-term fun.

My pre-season hammerings are paying off - first two results of the season were 4-0 and 5-0 wins! :D

Couple of questions too:

- If you get sacked from your created club, is it game over or can you take over another existing team?

- Is there any way to skip warm-up/friendlies if you have a week where you're not playing a competitive match?

Xater

My pre-season hammerings are paying off - first two results of the season were 4-0 and 5-0 wins! :D

Couple of questions too:

- If you get sacked from your created club, is it game over or can you take over another existing team?

- Is there any way to skip warm-up/friendlies if you have a week where you're not playing a competitive match?

You can just skip/end the week.

Also how the hell do you get such high scores. I had one lucky match like that so far.

daydream

Banned
My team has been pretty terrible so far. Maybe 3-5-2 is not the best system to start off with, hmm.

Game is fun, though, just the right amount of depth for me.

Tenki

The stats of my team are so bad right now, yet they somehow win the friendly matches. I guess I need more training cards.

Irminsul

It's taking forever to download. Was only 21% of the way through last time I checked. Really annoying that the Wii and 3DS storage space has always been given in blocks rather than MBs or GBs. Anyone know what size this thing is..?

getting a "007-2916" error when it gets around 20% -_-

I'll try again in a few hours, this better disappear !

edit: nvm closed the 3DS on sleep mode and it's still downloading anyway

Glad I'm not the only one. My download stalled at 70% in Sleep Mode, so I thought something went wrong and I restarted it. I am not a clever man.

Kouriozan

Tempted to buy it.
I don't like football games like FIFA or PES but I loooove Inazuma Eleven.
Saw NintenDaan's video and it looks like fun managing your team.

STG

Feel free to share any card combos you came across. I kinda need those right now. :p
alright!

I put the ones I found in spoiler tags, just in case.
Linked Partners = Passing + Aerobics + Mini-camp
Marking Transfer = Marking + Gaming
Chasing = Pressuring + Aerobics
Relentless Pressure = Pressuring + Weights + Mini-camp
The Chain = Analysis + Marking + Line Control
Attack Pivot = Dribbling + PK Practice
Midfield Maestro = Place Kicks + Passing + Agility
Multitool = Analysis + Stretching

Zornica

Banned
when you create a new team, can you pick your district or town like in the japanese version? or are you limited to picking a country and that's it?

STG

just unlocked the special dlc teams

Seems like there are 3 of them.
Attack Team, Defence Team(1.49 euro each), Nerd Team (2.49 euro)

After buying one of the teams you can fight them in a practice and friendly match. After the match you get the 'recipe' for a special training card combo and the cards for that combo. It is just an added bonus and not a must have since you get the cards anyways during matches.

The only benefit is that you get a new recipe everytime without having to try out different cards.

The nerd team, I don't really know what it does, the describtion says something like that it is a really weak team but they get stronger over time.

when you create a new team, can you pick your district or town like in the japanese version? or are you limited to picking a country and that's it?
After selecting your country you get a country map and say where you are from. So yeah, it is like the japanese version, I guess.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Yay glad to see an OT was made! Very curious to hear more impressions.

I'm not particularly interested in football myself (I love Inazuma Eleven though) but the boyfriend is a huge FIFA fanatic. The only thing he ever plays in FIFA is the career mode, so this game seems right up his alley. When I told him about it, he said he hates Football Manager ("spreadsheet simulator") and he thinks it's the same kind of game.

Could any of you who bought this game shed some light on how much of the gameplay is tweaking numbers and watching statistics? I might just buy it myself and let him try it.

I've put a few matches in to the game since last night and the game is more of a Lite version of Football Manager. There is no heavy statistical data to wade through, no complications regarding staff roles and club revenue, and you're not consistently trying to juggle player rosters. It's a bit of fresh air, really.

Some people may get turned off by the fact that they have to sit through 10mins of a match where all you can do is dictate substitutions and a very basic tactical outline for the team before the match, during subs, and at half-time. But I'm finding that I'll throw on a match while I'm doing something else and watch the occasional moment when the crowd starts to go nuts and the matches fly by.

If anything the game is aesthetically pleasing and it's nice to see the random play out.

Tenki

The nerd team, I don't really know what it does, the describtion says something like that it is a really weak team but they get stronger over time.

I don't know why, but I bet the nerd team is overpowered at the end.

fred

Had my first League match, Ludwig scored a brace for a 0-2 win. Top of the League!!!

Won't last though lol.

Edit: I don't have a problem watching the matches, I love them...but I do tend to get carried away watching them, my neighbours must think I'm a nutjob lmfao

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Playing against the top team. My team crossed in to the box, goalkeeper completely misjudges it, open goal and my striker puts in a header. Hits the crossbar.

NOOoooo

Zornica

Banned
After selecting your country you get a country map and say where you are from. So yeah, it is like the japanese version, I guess.

thanks.
Now I just need to find the perfect name for my team. This could take a while.

Is there some kind of online functionality? like for example: can I challenge other gaf members?

Tenki

My team's name is Topor C.F.

You cannot beat that. And probably don't understand it either if you aren't Spanish lol

RiggyRob

I went with the rather generic Tyldesley FC since it fits perfectly, and already I can tell I've got a few superstars in my team- my boy Moreira at right-back is gonna rival Lahm someday. Caron and Saunders have great link up play but I had to bench my default keeper cause his distribution was terrible.

Speaking of which...how the hell do you win a match?! We dominated the first game 3-0 with brilliant diagonal slide-rule passes, but since then I've been destroyed in every friendly and practice match I've played.

Edit: Also, how do you change your captain?

Pressuring and Line Control make Compact Field btw

Holy shit, you can get cards that decrease stats - Spa, Gaming and Karaoke make Escape Reality which reduces Toughness and Willpower!

I played the Japanese GBA version of this and I loved it, though it was a little tedious when all my players' potentials got low and could barely learn anything. At some point I played so much that my team could go undefeated for an entire season. Nice to see they're releasing it in English. I hope they release it for NA soon.

Does anyone know what differences there are between this and the GBA version? They seem to look the same to me.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I'm assuming Friendly matches give you more cards but also tire you out more? How do you tell how fatigued a player is outside of a match?

daydream

Banned
I'm assuming Friendly matches give you more cards but also tire you out more? How do you tell how fatigued a player is outside of a match?

Look at the player list when you're on the training field. Green light means they're doing fine, yellow/red light means they're tired.

Woho, won the league! 7 wins and 3 draws. I was completely destroyed in the cup though, against a much higher team (6-0). Budget is bigger now, gotta go shopping.

daxgame

I played the Japanese GBA version of this and I loved it, though it was a little tedious when all my players' potentials got low and could barely learn anything.

Can you expand a bit on this? I'm still trying to understand how potential works.
Does it decrease over time ( = after X matches) or what?

Top Bottom