• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club |OT| Go for the shins! THE SHINS!!

My score after 164 hours of playing

triplete1.jpg

On season 14th I won every competition, so in the end
it is asked if you want to start with a new team or continue with the current one; if you start with a new club, the previous one will still be available, but of course you will start from the beginning and players are very weak

Porcile

Shame you can't record goals in Practice Matches. You can record goals in Friendlies and proper matches.

I recorded it. Must of been a friendly then. Is there a way of sharing goals?

Have to say my only disappoint really is the lack of more advanced tactical options. Would be nice to be able to set it to something like long balls or emphasise wing play. Though to be fair you can adjust the formation to suit and it works quite well. I also suppose that it would've required a lot of extra AI programming.

Also, substituting in a match feels way more fiddly than it should be but I like that the game continues as you're doing it.

Despite these little complaints, anyone on the fence should definitely check it out while the price is low. It's a right laugh and you begin to feel some genuine affection for your random little players.

Rikkun

My score after 164 hours of playing

triplete1.jpg

On season 14th I won every competition, so in the end
it is asked if you want to start with a new team or continue with the current one; if you start with a new club, the previous one will still be available, but of course you will start from the beginning and players are very weak

As we say around here, sticazzi.
164, my most played game on 3DS is around 60 hours...
Did they do something with streetpass? Is it addicting as it sounded before reading about it here?

Randdalf

Did they do something with streetpass? Is it addicting as it sounded before reading about it here?

I have several thousand hours on the various Football Manager games, 164 hours is nothing. Hehe.

If you find someone with streetpass, you can share teams and can have a friendly match (but just one time)
I still remember when I found someone here in Japan and he had a team in which all players had their stats at S :D

Mael

You can get players through Streetpass and play other players with it too (IDK how that work yet but that what the promo material is saying)

More card combos that aren't in the OP:

Second Strike
Pressuring + Sprinting

Eye Contact
Mini-game + Meeting

Diagonal Run
Running + Visualising

Open Space
Countering + Mini-game

Offside Trap
Line Control + Meeting

Lucky Chance
Countering + Signing + PK Practice

Heart of Steel
PK Practice + Judo 

First Touch Pass
Passing + Freestyling

Triangle
Analysis + Passing

Acrobatics
Countering + Aerobics + Stretching

As someone who doesn't like football (at all) in real life, would this be for me? I love the style and the RPG elements sound really fun!

To be honest, I don't think so. I think a more than basic liking/understanding of football is needed to really enjoy this game. I feel you might get really bored otherwise.

Watch some let's plays when they come out maybe?

Ninja Dom

I'm not understanding the Online Ranking Match.

Or...I simply can't find a match. I'm just sitting on the Ranking Match screen with the football going round in a circle on the top screen. I can choose a Club ID match but what about the actual Ranking Match?

Do I just sit on this screen until an opponent appears cos I've been on this screen for about 10 minutes.

Zornica

Banned
how about we share some friendcodes?
3282-2612-1503

I already won my first online match, feels good.

How do we do it? We share Friend Codes or Club ID?

My Club ID is: E788A32C4

My Friend Code is: 0688-5246-0825

added you both!
3995-6514-2832

still couldn't come up with a fitting name :7
also the game stopped downloading at 61%... I guess I have to do it manually than.

Porcile

Or...I simply can't find a match. I'm just sitting on the Ranking Match screen with the football going round in a circle on the top screen. I can choose a Club ID match but what about the actual Ranking Match?

Do I just sit on this screen until an opponent appears cos I've been on this screen for about 10 minutes.

Another confused person here. :-S

Porcile

To be honest, I don't think so. I think a more than basic liking/understanding of football is needed to really enjoy this game. I feel you might get really bored otherwise.

Watch some let's plays when they come out maybe?

I'd disagree in so much that the game distills football management into possibly it's simplest form while still retaining some depth. You aren't being bogged down with potentially boring stuff. More than anything, it's an RPG with automatic battles (matches).

STG

in that menu with the rotating ball click on Rankings and choose an opponent, that's it

Just won the league by winning the game before the final game 8-1!
Got knocked out of the cup by a team in the top league 1-0 but they only had 2 shots all game, I had 70% possession at the end.
Somehow my little team are pretty amazing :)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just won the league by winning the game before the final game 8-1!
Got knocked out of the cup by a team in the top league 1-0 but they only had 2 shots all game, I had 70% possession at the end.
Somehow my little team are pretty amazing :)
Barcelona would be proud of your performance in the cup match xD

I was leading in the cup against a league 1 team by 2, after the half time they showed their other face and destroyed me 5:2.

I'd disagree in so much that the game distills football management into possibly it's simplest form while still retaining some depth. You aren't being bogged down with potentially boring stuff. More than anything, it's an RPG with automatic battles (matches).

He/she said they don't like football "at all" so I assume things like formation switching and managing training regimes would not be fun to this person.

I'm going to guess that they don't know what a 4-4-2 or 5-4-1 even is.

I worship football myself and even I am finding the game a bit boring a couple of hours in, although I am willing to give it a chance to grow on me.

Lucifon

So far this seems incredibly dull and I'm regretting my purchase. Usually love games like this, but there just seems to be barely anything to it. Matches are boring to watch and take absolutely forever, so I just end up putting my 3DS down and walking away/doing something else.

Just seems like all I'm doing is playing a match, trying random combo of training cards, match, repeat. None of which really involves much input from me. Formations and tactics seem loosely explained and don't really produce dramatically different results. The user interface is often rubbish, e.g the game says to play training matches against higher league teams but doesn't display the league or any team info when you're on the match screen. Transfer system seems pretty cumbersome. Icons and stats are never explained as to what means what.

All feels abit like a 69p mobile game. What am I missing GAF? Help :(

Randdalf

So far this seems incredibly dull and I'm regretting my purchase. Usually love games like this, but there just seems to be barely anything to it. Matches are boring to watch and take absolutely forever, so I just end up putting my 3DS down and walking away/doing something else.

Just seems like all I'm doing is playing a match, trying random combo of training cards, match, repeat. None of which really involves much input from me. Formations and tactics seem loosely explained and don't really produce dramatically different results. The user interface is often rubbish, e.g the game says to play training matches against higher league teams but doesn't display the league or any team info when you're on the match screen. Transfer system seems pretty cumbersome.

The symbol next to their name is the league that that team is in. But yeah, this game is kind of boring.

daydream

Banned
Meditation + Shooting + Oil Therapy
was not a combo when I tried it, so I took it off the list. Guy who suggested it must have been close, though.

Here's a direction to investigate in: We're still missing combos that incorporate
shooting and/or heading

noal

Banned
I just started downloading this and now negative impressions turn up!

I hope I don't regret this but I'm willing to give it a go.

Xater

Just seems like all I'm doing is playing a match, trying random combo of training cards, match, repeat. None of which really involves much input from me. Formations and tactics seem loosely explained and don't really produce dramatically different results. The user interface is often rubbish, e.g the game says to play training matches against higher league teams but doesn't display the league or any team info when you're on the match screen. Transfer system seems pretty cumbersome. Icons and stats are never explained as to what means what.

Yeah I think the game has lots of issues as well yet I am still compelled to improve my team. So there is something there I guess. The game would be way better if they just added more possibilities to interact with my team during matches. Just being able to give my team some commands during them would be great. Like telling someone to shoot when he is in a good position.

daxgame

quick question: I'm still trying to understand if there is any real difference between a short match and a friendly.
What I'm interested in is of course whether I'll get more cards in a friendly than in a short match, but it doesn't seem to be the case?

I know that friendlies change the trust % tho

also thanks a lot OP for the combo listing.

http://www.wikihouse.com/calciobit/ here's another website but some things seem incorrect for some reason or my rusty japanese is playing tricks...

daydream

Banned
quick question: I'm still trying to understand if there is any real difference between a short match and a friendly.
What I'm interested in is of course whether I'll get more cards in a friendly than in a short match, but it doesn't seem to be the case?

I know that friendlies change the trust % tho

Your players are more likely to get tired (since they're playing the full 90 minutes), but surely you must be getting more cards out of it. Unless you're winning handily in every game, then you get less in general, _I think_. Also, friendly matches count toward your stats as a trainer, fwiw.

I've got a karaoke card so that one's not.

Huh, must be rare then, thanks!

fred

Real Madras are now 7 points clear at the top of the table.

Played 6, Won 6, Goals For 18, Goals Against 3, Goal Difference +15.

The fans love me to bits and are worried I'm going to leave the club. No chance! I'm taking this club all the way to the top!!!

This game is fantastic. Worth every penny.

fred

Won the League by miles, was feeling cocky but got brought crashing right down to earth after getting hammered 7-0 and getting knocked out of the Cup in the first round lol

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Are there any good card combinations for the keeper? I don't really now which attributes are important for the GK besides the obvious jumping.

Won the League by miles, was feeling cocky but got brought crashing right down to earth after getting hammered 7-0 and getting knocked out of the Cup in the first round lol
lol... I think so far no one here survived the first cup round in its first season. The question is only how high you loose.

fred

Just finished my first season:

Played 10, Won 10, Goals For 26, Goals Against 5, Goal Difference +21

Happy with that, would have scored more but I had a couple of strikers injured here and there.

Time to get some signings in, I had a few matches where I only had 3 fit subs lol

Top Bottom