• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the tallest building you've been in?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Tokyo Skytree, which Wikipedia says is 634m (2,080 ft) but the highest observatory is at 450 m (1,480 ft).

Skytree is boring though other tall Tokyo buildings are better.

Sophia

I dunno what hotel it was. But the hotel some friends were at for Anime Expo went all the way to the 70 floor. You had to go up there for the lobby too. It was 2spooky.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Twin Towers

I'll probably go to the new WTC later this year.

I left the new World Trade Center PATH train station through a brand new exit one day, an exit that just happened to lead me to 1 World Trade Center.

The highest I've ever been, though, is probably the ~40th floor of my office building.

The greatest building ever built - Empire State Building

I have also been to the upper deck of the CN Tower. And did this:

li-620-cntower-handout-cp00.jpg

Tokyo Skytree, and I thought it was pretty cool, especially with the little Attack on Titan setup they had at the higher level observatory when I went.

Fuchsdh

Probably the Eiffel Tower.

I'd like to go up the skyscrapers here in NY but I just can't justify the prices they try and charge you.

Dishwalla

Banned
Burj Khalifa baby, went to Dubai on deployment in 2013 and you know we all went to stand in line to go to the observation deck.

Have also been to Sears Tower and stood in those glass box things that jet out the side of the building.

Doogdogg

The John Hancock Tower in Boston
Waiting one day the city would allow a 1000foot+ tower, it has been shot down for decades.

Twin Towers and the Sears tower. I believe the Sears tower was taller as far as levels, but the Towers were taller because of the antenna on the roof.

Jacob

Sears Tower

Would like to visit One World Trade Center some day. I've been to the Empire State Building a couple times (before 1WTC was finished) which is cool too.

Xe4

Banned
Empire State Building for me, though only inside the base of it (was in a rush to catch a train). The tallest building I've been atop of was probably no larger than 10 stories.

Sears Tower. It was jarring being up that high.

Living in the D.C. area, seeing buildings (or just skyscrapers at all) that tall is pretty cool.

Szu

The highest I've ever been was the CN Tower.

In terms of buildings, I currently work in the World Trade Center, but the highest floor I've reached is the 64th.

I have been to the SkyDeck in the Willis Tower.

norm9

sears tower, empire state building, tall building in tokyo. I have a very physical reaction to heights but i'm bad at foresight.

I just realized that for as many times as I've actually walked past the Sears Tower as a Chicagoan, I've never actually been inside it.

norm9

The Stratosphere might be a couple of hundred feet lower than some of these replies but you didnt go on amusement park rides at the top of them. Thats a multiplier for sure.

everytime i see a mention of the stratrosphere, i expect it to accompany some bad news about coasters raining down on the streets of vegas.

Whichever of the old WTC that had the observation deck, waaaay back in the late 70s / early 80s. I'm old. =/

Edit: Looks like it was the South tower.

norm9

The view from the highest castle in Mexico City is pretty nice.

eta- Oh shit, totally forgot, I climbed to the top of the pyramid of the sun in Teotihuacan. I was so scared as fuck. It was high and windy.

Phu

Banned
The highest up I've ever been inside a building is the Space Needle but the tallest building I've ever been inside is the Renaissance Center.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Either Skytree, 1 WTC or Sears Tower depending on your measuring.

Highest I've ever been on regularly was the 47th floor of 60 Wall st.

Top Bottom