• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

So this happened.

Morgoth

Banned
I was at work and a coworker showed me a picture of his deceased mom in a body bag in the morgue. How do you even respond to this?

281.jpg

"You wanna see a picture of my dead dad? He's SUPER dead."

Nah but for real though, that's really weird. What's that dude's deal? He usually that morbid?

pbsapeer

Banned
Damn that's messed up man. I don't know maybe ask him if he's okay? Seems pretty strange behaviour maybe he's reaching out for help?

What was the context?

"Bro, here's my dead mom" was it just that? Or was there any questioning before hand?

I hope it wasn't "BAM, THERE SHE IS" or something.

I've gotta know the details man, this thread is going to be fucking interesting.

Morgoth

Banned
Are you okay Morgoth? That is a fairly traumatic thing to experience, particularly so if no warning was given.

I'm fine I just didn't know how to respond. It took me a few seconds before I realized what I was looking at. A bit shocked and upset

Demoskinos

I had someone at work who was telling me all about them going on the internet and looking at pictures of car crash victims and then proceeded to try to show me the pictures. I've never left a conversation faster.

PJV3

I didn't know you could take photos of something like that, I couldn't imagine wanting one in the family album.

Yeah I would report that shit to HR/management. In no universe is showing people unsolicited pics of dead people appropriate, especially not in a professional setting.

He needs help but getting HR in over might make it worse.

Oh totally. The last place I worked at hat a relationship between two coworkers and at one point she tapped him on the back of the head (like a small slap) as a joke, so small that it could be like a "You go kiddo" situation and HR called him in to ask if he was being emotionally and physically abused.

She almost lost her job and he was confused as everybody else.

HR is there for good reasons, but fuck they can be so stupid sometimes.

Chuckie

I didn't know you could take photos of something like that, I couldn't imagine wanting one in the family album.

In Indonesia that is actually quite common (pictures of the deceased, but in a coffin, not a body bag). I once visited a family of a friend and they gave me a photo album. So I thought A nice, must be wedding pics. But no. It was a very dead person in a coffin.

Morgoth

Banned
I don't want to get into too many details as it is a matter at work that is being dealt but I just wanted to see what GAFs thoughts are. This is just so weird.

PJV3

Is it definitely his mum and not some fucked up joke? I still can't understand wanting pictures of mum chilling out in a fridge.

Piichan

Banned
What an awkward situation to be in. My instinct would be to say "WTF why are you showing me a pic of a dead person you fucking creep!", but it's his dead mom so you kinda have to be nice and comfort him.

Top Bottom