• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Street U update going out today, adds Miiverse support

Robin64

Odd, I can't get it to launch. Always says there's an update when I open it, then it updates, then it repeats.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Smoky *hates* Miiverse, so I suspect even having to interact with it on the level of disabling it would be too much for him ;-)
I bet that would give him sexual pleasure.

sakipon

Since the pics aren't posted to Miiverse... I think we should be able to execute the app from a Miiverse post and jump to the location. Seems like this would've been a great candidate for that function.

I'm mainly worried for the fact that there seems to be no way to view older locations or locations posted by a user outside your region. I'd like to see what my friends and followed users from NA or Japan are recommending but those posts do not appear inside my app.

zroid

Banned
oh god yes, opened download management and the update was already downloaded and installed without any of my own input required. So good!

edit: so weird that the photos are restricted to viewing from within Wii Street U.

rpmurphy

I was hoping it would have integration with my starred places in Google Maps, but this is alright. Yeah, with the Miiverse sharing, I really want to buy my folks a Wii U now (and Nintendo needs to get the gifting feature up on the eShop stat!).

Automatic background update was a surprise as well.

Top Bottom