• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals & Discussion 9: Looking for a Switch in Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyolux

If you're into retro gaming, the barcade on St-Denis (Arcade Mtl) is really nice.

Walked by this a few times. What's it like inside?

Also, I found one in Gatineau that actually has friggin impressive collection if you (kennah) ever come by the Ottawa region. I think it's called Le griffon Bleu/Blue griffin or something like that.

Edit: Only really go in there if you want to see/buy a lot of rare stuff/imports.

I had no intention of buying anything as I'm trying to stay as clutter-free as possible in my house, but yeah, if I were a collector with money.. Geeze I could spend a few paychecks there.

edit2: Also I think my sis worked for them before they moved in their current locations for the half-year she lived around here.

The name escapes me right now (edit: Game Buzz) but yeah they also had stores in Rockland and Fairview mall. Some great stuff but MASSIVELY overpriced.

Game Buzz. I think that's the one.

Yeah I didn't take too good a look at the prices and such back then so I really can't remember how it was on that front. I did get Klonoa there though.

Arcade MTL has a really nice selection of arcades but I just disliked the vibe I got. It felt really "nerdy" whereas the last two time I went to a bar actually called "Barcade"(Manhattan and Brooklyn) it was certainly with a more "adult" crowd. No wii U Mario kart tournaments, no Super Mario Bros 3 scene from "The Wizard" on a loop on a giant screen or DJ simply playing 80's tunes.

It all depends on what you're looking for.

jokkir

Metroid still hasn't come. What the hell.

EDIT - They gave me a total of $15 promotional credit though after talking with the CSR again

UberTag

Man, my secondary PayPal account was apparently compromised over the weekend.

Anyone have experience on what I should expect from their fraud dispute resolution process?
They ran up over $700 in charges towards generic digital Steam and iTunes cards across two days.

shira

Anyone have experience on what I should expect from their fraud dispute resolution process?
They ran up over $700 in charges towards generic digital Steam and iTunes cards across two days.
scary af

I assume they can just reverse the charges when they see that the IP is from North Kerblakastan or something

Indelible

This happened to me a few years ago, had about $700 taken from my paypal account. I went to my bank and had them reverse the charges, they gave me a new credit card and I haven't used paypal since.

I cannot believe the prices I would have to pay to upgrade my phone. What's the best option besides buying outright an iPhone 7/8 Plus?

The best I saw was Koodo for 85 + 15Tab = 100mth.
Is this for real?!

My grandfathered plan is good but they upped my 6GB data from 30 to 40 dollars for no reason (Bell)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

EDIT - They gave me a total of $15 promotional credit though after talking with the CSR again

loll.. this is why I'm just walking in and buying Pokken at Best Buy tomorrow. The headache of Amazon isn't worth it.

At this rate, you might end up with Metroid for free with a couple more CSR sessions..

frequency

Neither has mine. I've contacted them twice and they just won't ship it. It keeps going passed their shipping date and they keep "upgrading" shipping.

Same with Ys. But I cancelled that order and just bought it for full price at Best Buy. End up losing $12.50 or so but not worth this endless dance with Amazon.

Before these two games was Mario + Rabbids which I also had to contact them multiple times about and got 2 weeks late. I don't know what Amazon is doing. It was bad but not this bad before. I am fine with things being a few days late. Even up to 1 week late. But "Not Yet Shipped" for so long for an "In Stock" item? That's my limit.

jokkir

Deals on shoes if you're fast enough. Sears has Adidas Men's Advantage Clean VS Shoes (White) on sale for $24.47 + shipping (or free shipping if sent to a store).

slI3tWo.jpg

FoZxbOZ.jpg

cXGz3oK.jpg

http://www.sears.ca/en/casual-shoes/mens-advantage-clean-vs-shoes-14351267_P.html

I just bought Stan Smiths but these should be great white beater shoes. Also, these are synthetic leather but you can't complain since it's only $25

i-Jest

Deals on shoes if you're fast enough. Sears has Adidas Men's Advantage Clean VS Shoes (White) on sale for $24.47 + shipping (or free shipping if sent to a store).

http://www.sears.ca/en/casual-shoes/mens-advantage-clean-vs-shoes-14351267_P.html

I just bought Stan Smiths but these should be great white beater shoes. Also, these are synthetic leather but you can't complain since it's only $25

Size 9's are gone, I'm off dis.

Looks like Both Pokemon's dropped to $49.99 on Best Buy. Now let's wait and see if orders actually do update.

I'm sure they will, I believe the 20% off is price protected.

i-Jest

I hope so but I remember someone saying Arms never updated when prices dropped.

Well we have this for reference if anything:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/e3.aspx

If the price of the game is reduced closer to release, what does this mean for my order?

You will receive 20% off the new lower price! That is, as long as your order and the games are all eligible for the promotional deal.

There's a small lag in loading the page from my phone. For a minute most sizes seemed to be in stock then everything grayed out. Ugh, it would have been nice to get a pair that cheap. Oh well.

mVTgr9am.png

Stopped by a new retro store in North York (2060 Sheppard Ave. E, between the 404 and Victoria Park) today. I hung around and talked with one of the co-owners for a good long while and just shot the shit. He told me they've been open for 5 weeks. They have retro games as well as retro toys, it's a cool little shop. While I was there a couple of young teens stopped by and Matt let them play some games. One played Super Mario All-Stars on the CRT he has sitting on the display case and he even pulled out another TV and grabbed a fat PS3 off the shelf and played a few matches of BlazBlue: Continuum Shift against the other one. Anyone in the area should check it out.

https://www.retroquest.ca/

Before anyone asks, I have nothing to do with the store and get nothing for mentioning them. Just sharing another cool spot like someone else did with Retro Game Bros a while back (thanks whoever that was). I love having these shops near me.

Sounds like a good store. Will drop by sometime.

Where is Everybody buying their SNES CLASSIC? I'm booking off work to line up.

C-Sword

It's pretty nice, they got arcade cabinets and retro consoles. The MAME machine is probably their most popular one.

They have MK II, WWF Wrestlefest, Terminator: The Arcade Game, Sunset Riders, Punch Out, Marvel VS Capcom, Super Street Fighter II Turbo, Neo Geo MVS

Sealtest

teeg

Cheaper through Amazon but you don't get the Celebi for sun/moon/ultra sun/ultra moon and the special theme.

I paid $12.09 + tax on the eshop because the theme was worth it in price difference. My total ended up being $14.57 in Ontario.

Why wouldn't you still get the Celebi and the theme via amazon? It just gives you an eShop code to redeem on the eShop.
Did Nintendo specifically state you must purchase it from the eShop directly? Or are you just being cautious to ensure you get the Celebi?

Sealtest

Why wouldn't you still get the Celebi and the theme via amazon? It just gives you an eShop code to redeem on the eShop.
Did Nintendo specifically state you must purchase it from the eShop directly? Or are you just being cautious to ensure you get the Celebi?

Yup. Emailed them a few days ago and I got this reply back.

Hello,

Thanks for writing. To qualify for this promotion, the purchase must be made through the eShop directly. More details, along with how to qualify, can be found on the official page for this promotion (https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/get-a-special-celebi-with-pokemon-gold-or-pokemon-silver/).

I hope that I've fully addressed your questions today.

Sincerely,

Nintendo of America Inc.
Wayland P.

After placing my order I received an email with my celebi and theme codes.

khaaan

Cheaper through Amazon but you don't get the Celebi for sun/moon/ultra sun/ultra moon and the special theme.

I paid $12.09 + tax on the eshop because the theme was worth it in price difference. My total ended up being $14.57 in Ontario.

Are they already out? I gotta get on that.

CazTGG

You mean the Gold/Silver theme with all the Gym leaders on the top screen? Because that's what I got when I redeemed my Amazon code.

Sealtest

You mean the Gold/Silver theme with all the Gym leaders on the top screen? Because that's what I got when I redeemed my Amazon code.

My silver theme is of Lugia and some of the Johto pokemon on the touch screen. Nintendo told me this was only through Eshop so if you got it through amazon I guess they lied.

ohlawd

Yup. Emailed them a few days ago and I got this reply back.

After placing my order I received an email with my celebi and theme codes.

err goddammit this would have been helpful a few days ago. Already got my codes from Amazon

anyone wanna buy Pokemon Silver for $12.5 CAD?

UberTag

scary af

I assume they can just reverse the charges when they see that the IP is from North Kerblakastan or something
Yeah, the PayPal rep I spoke with didn't seem to think it would be an issue. I've already had two of the charges reversed. A third had a dispute opened against it by the hijacker because the vendor wouldn't fulfill them with their digital currency immediately. The last two remain tied up in an authorization state so I'll need to wait for those holds to clear before I can get those charges overturned.

While an unpleasant situation, rectifying this hasn't been a terrible ordeal thus far (knock on wood). Don't even think I'll need to involve my bank if the rest of this goes as smoothly. Seems like a textbook fraud case given what the hijacker attempted to procure while accessing my account. I can think of a lot of worse identity theft scenarios that would be far more worrisome (impact to credit rating, direct access to my bank account / credit cards, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom